onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Football Swindon 5 Port Vale2 - Post Match Discussion

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

didnt expect anything at swindon , it is a bogey ground with a capital B. Amazing reaction, no probs with same defence at Crawley , lose here and we should be shipping everybody out. . For a so called poor defence we havnt done too bad so far this season. Weve known all season that we need another CB.

Not sure I understand your post. You defend the defence, but then finish with saying we need new defenders. Strange.

I didn't go. It sounds from Mickys interview the defence backed off, which has been a problem for the last few years, and that's because we haven't had a pacey centre back for the last few years.

Saying that, lack of pace alone doesn't make a centre back poor and I don't agree with singling out Chilvers. He was our best centre half, second half of last season and the defence has looked better in general, as a unit, with him in the side. One swallow doesn't make a summer; we'll win some, we'll lose some. I can live with that and if we carry one as we are, we'll finish mid table which will have to be classed as a good season.

I didn't go. It sounds from Mickys interview the defence backed off, which has been a problem for the last few years, and that's because we haven't had a pacey centre back for the last few years.

Saying that, lack of pace alone doesn't make a centre back poor and I don't agree with singling out Chilvers. He was our best centre half, second half of last season and the defence has looked better in general, as a unit, with him in the side. One swallow doesn't make a summer; we'll win some, we'll lose some. I can live with that and if we carry one as we are, we'll finish mid table which will have to be classed as a good season.

Pretty much spot on for me, blaming one man when all of the back four were pretty awful is a little strange.

Anything between 12th and 14th will be fine with this squad.

Very good point. Griff offered nothing. Dodds put more tackles in than him.

Well you never went to the match or if you did you were watching a different match. Dodds ran around like a headless chicken didn't tackle anyone and had no idea where he was playing. If he plays 1 more game for the Vale it's one too many. He needs to find a new career because he is garbage at this one.

TBH we were embarrassing Loft put a shift in and the right side defensively second half were awful. Yates very poor as well and the triple substitutions were frankly bizarre what system we were playing and who where I couldn't tell you.

The referee was poor for both sides and it'll be interesting to see the Hughes incident.

Are you feeling ok? If so, maybe it's me that's acting strange, but I can't disagree with a single word of that. In fact, I agree with it all.

Potentially your finest post ever made on OVF. Treat yourself to a beer.

Swindon must want to play us every week. Our last three visits there have seen us concede 6, 5 & 5. However, it's getting better as at least we scored 2 today!

I thought we'd lose there today but I can't accept conceding 5 - again. I'm sure Micky isn't too impressed either. Our defending this season hasn't been too good and we need to clamp down on letting in soft goals, like the one against Gillingham or various others.

That said, I'm happy with our league position at this stage; we just need to be sure to at least maintain it.

Archived