onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Please ditch the chairman bashing, my kids love the Vale and not Stoke.

deantaberner

Advert

Admittedly the situation with the shirts is a complete mess

But what he has done for the club overall is much better than we could have expected

Agreed MATT,saying that,most fans I know who paid for the shirt don't seem to be boverd with the delay, infact one of mar mates in THE SAGGERS signed up to the lucky 7 draw with a guy who was going round the pubs selling the idea,fantastic loyal fan he his :)

Agreed MATT,saying that,most fans I know who paid for the shirt don't seem to be boverd with the delay, infact one of mar mates in THE SAGGERS signed up to the lucky 7 draw with a guy who was going round the pubs selling the idea,fantastic loyal fan he his :)

A bit like the folk who've paid for the said shirt then. :rolleyes:

To be fair I don't think "The shirt" is the issue people we're raising Saturday. Certainly not for me, it's the fact Smurf can at times come across very abrupt and personal, especially of late. Don't get me wrong we all have bad days and the bloke must be under extreme pressure and whilst I love what he's doing for the Club and am fully supportive of him, he is not going do himself any favours with public spats with he local Media or getting involved in arguments on Twitter or forums.

Like others have said, it seems he is trying to deal and take on too much and needs to employ a CEO and PR guy, before he shoots himself in the foot.

To be fair I don't think "The shirt" is the issue people we're raising Saturday. Certainly not for me, it's the fact Smurf can at times come across very abrupt and personal, especially of late. Don't get me wrong we all have bad days and the bloke must be under extreme pressure and whilst I love what he's doing for the Club and am fully supportive of him, he is not going do himself any favours with public spats with he local Media or getting involved in arguments on Twitter or forums.

Like others have said, it seems he is trying to deal and take on too much and needs to employ a CEO and PR guy, before he shoots himself in the foot.

With all due respect Norman is a very successful businessman what right do you, me or anybody else have to tell him how to run his business

The trouble is there is a vociferous minority who would moan, whinge & berate the Chairman, Manager, Team and Kit washer given half a chance.

If these people channelled 10% of their negativity into something more positive perhaps we'd move up the football pyramid a little faster.

Yes the kit fiasco has been disappointing but it does sound like PW tried to perhaps rush the whole project through. Best solution is to just retain it as our 3rd kit for next season.

With all due respect Norman is a very successful businessman what right do you, me or anybody else have to tell him how to run his business

Of course, you're absolutely right. It is HIS BUSINESS and he can run it as he likes. By the same token, we, THE CUSTOMERS, have every right to voice whatever concern we feel is warranted.

Of course Smurf is well within his rights to ignore well-intentioned feedback if he wants to.

No different to buying any business, it can be left to the existing staff to run it, or after an appraisal of the business which I assume Norman has been doing (Together with the fire fighting) changes will be made. Whether he has a CEO or Department managers reporting directly to him is his choice. What he has not got time for is dealing directly with queries etc. problems should be directed to the department concerned, and if of wide concern, answered via the SC, Club/Press notices etc. I think by Xmas things will be different, and running smoother. My opinion, not based on rumour.

Im not trying to tell him how to run his business, I am pointing out, or trying to, where things are going wrong from a consumers point of view and I try to offer a possible solution ... what he does is his choice, I have no qualms about that, he will rightly do what he decides is correct even if it isnt, its his money, his business, his gamble... my opinion.

Archived