onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Please ditch the chairman bashing, my kids love the Vale and not Stoke.

deantaberner

smurf has already pointed out how many times, that if he were to recruit a ceo he cant spend that money on players, listen guys, i think EVERYONE on here wouldve taken 9th position in the league at this point of the season the lads have been battling hard recently even though the officials have left a LOT to be desired im proud of the team, proud of the people running my beloved Port Vale and SMURF is a true legend in getting this club out of the doldrums and on the way up so please everyone leave him alone to run the club!

UP THE VALE!!!!!!!!

Re the CEO issue - the playing budget is nothing to do with admin staff so how could appointing a CEO affect it, especially as we are already up to the max on the playing budget. A restructuring of the staffing could solve the problem.

I am pleased that Norman bought the club. He has done a lot of great stuff so far but he really needs to calm down and stop getting involved in these spats with fans. You don't see Peter Coates shouting the odds on Twitter and he's done OK down the road. Chill out, Norman. It'll be very good for your blood pressure!

Advert

Re the CEO issue - the playing budget is nothing to do with admin staff so how could appointing a CEO affect it, especially as we are already up to the max on the playing budget. A restructuring of the staffing could solve the problem.

I am pleased that Norman bought the club. He has done a lot of great stuff so far but he really needs to calm down and stop getting involved in these spats with fans. You don't see Peter Coates shouting the odds on Twitter and he's done OK down the road. Chill out, Norman. It'll be very good for your blood pressure!

I think some fans need telling as well, BLVF, GaryB, Toyah amongst others, wind yer necks in.

I take it you guys who are still going on with this debate don't go out for a normal Sunday drink .. Boring

How boring...personally I'm too busy getting smacked off my **** with a bunch of losers to go out drinking.

Or would that be a narrow minded thing to say?

How boring...personally I'm too busy getting smacked off my **** with a bunch of losers to go out drinking.

Or would that be a narrow minded thing to say?

See above post,sad to see old tradition go.. In the old days there was no internet but we did have soccer Sunday

Firstly, to solve the twitter problem which keeps popping up time and time again, Smurf simply needs to employ a PR guy who can forward fans opinions to him and reply professionally instead of him coming out himself and publicly arguing with the small minority who criticise everything the man does and who just have short memories. It just doesn't look good.

Secondly, regarding a CEO, i do believe we need one so ultimately they can be the face of the board and deal with the media and that will allow Smurf get on with his vitally important duties as chairman. I know maybe 1 or 2 players would have to be sacrificed but the squad would be strong enough even if a few fringe players were sold especially with development squad players coming through now.

Thirdly, about the limited edition shirt situation, a lot of people are solely blaming Smurf for this but i dont know why it is all his fault? Lets be honest, the deal with Sondico is a questionable one and the manufacturers have failed with this project as it simply doesn't take that long to produce a thousand shirts! If i remember rightly as well, it was originally PW's idea so lets lay of the bloke a bit. Im sure a few more weeks wont do any harm and then you will have what should be a collectors item anyway.

Finally, about the sentinel reporter being banned, i dont really know what to think of this. Smurf has came out and said no more freebies and he's right to do so but the local newspaper is vital for a football club in terms of providing latest news and advertisment. Saying that, i've always thought its a load of rubbish and biased towards stoke but thats just my opinion.

I hope you read this Smurf and take on board what i've said. Us true vale fans know what hard work you are doing to get this football club into an even stronger position and we recognise unlike a small minority all you have done and we hope you are with us for many years to come. Keep it up!

Benson doesn't help matters by **** stirring on his pompousvaleonline and just getting smurfs backup...he's at it again!!

I don't think that blokes ever going be happy whoever runs the club !!

Is what he says wrong?

I dont think it matters who... more the how

Firstly, to solve the twitter problem which keeps popping up time and time again, Smurf simply needs to employ a PR guy who can forward fans opinions to him and reply professionally instead of him coming out himself and publicly arguing with the small minority who criticise everything the man does and who just have short memories. It just doesn't look good.

Secondly, regarding a CEO, i do believe we need one so ultimately they can be the face of the board and deal with the media and that will allow Smurf get on with his vitally important duties as chairman. I know maybe 1 or 2 players would have to be sacrificed but the squad would be strong enough even if a few fringe players were sold especially with development squad players coming through now.

Thirdly, about the limited edition shirt situation, a lot of people are solely blaming Smurf for this but i dont know why it is all his fault? Lets be honest, the deal with Sondico is a questionable one and the manufacturers have failed with this project as it simply doesn't take that long to produce a thousand shirts! If i remember rightly as well, it was originally PW's idea so lets lay of the bloke a bit. Im sure a few more weeks wont do any harm and then you will have what should be a collectors item anyway.

Finally, about the sentinel reporter being banned, i dont really know what to think of this. Smurf has came out and said no more freebies and he's right to do so but the local newspaper is vital for a football club in terms of providing latest news and advertisment. Saying that, i've always thought its a load of rubbish and biased towards stoke but thats just my opinion.

I hope you read this Smurf and take on board what i've said. Us true vale fans know what hard work you are doing to get this football club into an even stronger position and we recognise unlike a small minority all you have done and we hope you are with us for many years to come. Keep it up!

From what Ive read smurf sent a text to MT saying that the reporter was banned because of an article about the shirts [or similar] although smurf denies it apparently... bit silly if MT still has the text.

It all gets confusing if its about no more freebees... where does that leave the ex players?.. any other press contingent?.. etc.

Archived