onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Please ditch the chairman bashing, my kids love the Vale and not Stoke.

deantaberner

My 2 lads who are 8 and 5 have been coming to the Vale with me this season and they're Vale thru and thru, everything that they do throughout their day is Vale based,

We're based in blurton which is a massive Stoke area, all of my lads friends are Stoke fans but thanks to the Smurf and his new regime me and my lads are proud to be Vale fans again in this Stokie area,

Please don't wreck it and hound the Smurf out over a few shirts being delayed.

Dean.

Advert

Whilst I totally agree with the sentiments of the OP norman needs to realise that social media and forums such as this are part and parcel of football as I said in a previous thread he should take a backward step to the boardroom continue with what on the whole has been a good job

The employment ofa credible CEO is of the upmost importance to remove some of the pressure that norman is obviously feeling

Whilst I totally agree with the sentiments of the OP norman needs to realise that social media and forums such as this are part and parcel of football as I said in a previous thread he should take a backward step to the boardroom continue with what on the whole has been a good job

Totally agree with this part of your post.

The OP attempts to make it sound very trivial - 'a few shirts being delayed' when simply put its very poor treatment of 1,000 of the most loyal customers his business has.

I love Smurf and would defend him and support him over pretty much everything else he has done since coming to the club, this is a reasonable gripe however and has been handled very poorly in terms of customer service. Everyone makes mistakes which is understandle but this issue has been a catalgoue of mistakes and ignorance of supporters when simple regular communication would have killed it dead.

Can we at least make the distinction between the chairman/owner and the club/business?

People asking questions of the club/business about an unfulfilled consumer contract is not bashing the chairman/owner.

If you asked questions about an unfulfilled contract you had with a nationalised company would that be self abuse? :)

What NS needs to understand & to a certain degree so do a lot of us Vale fans.......................... The Smurf cannot run our club on his own, he cannot & should not be involving himself in the day to day problems that any club ( not just PVFC) experience.

As Vale fans, we should not be venting our frustartions on NS. He has done so much for our club & he will make mistakes, however do we need to make him A SCAPE GOAT for all our problems?

I was one of the 1,000 who ordered the shirt. I've waited 6 months having paid £55:00 & I must admit I've moaned & moaned, but do you no what? I've been to VP & seen us beat Gillingham & climb to 9th in a better division than last season. Under V2001 I wouldn't have had the opportunity to buy a shirt like the one on offer or experience the promotion we had last season or seen a legend like Lee Hughes wanting to join our club.

I think NS has done better than any of us could have expected since he took us out of admin. So I apologise to him about my complaints about the shirt being delayed. I just hope that he realises that we all moan (him included) but our club is better than it has been for decades and why is that?............ Because the Smurf is at the helm.

Because the Smurf is at the helm.

Thats his problem in a nutshell... he isnt the helmsman, the stoker, the boilerman, the rigger, the stokers mate, the able seaman, the deck hand or the entertainments officer... he is the captain.. he should be in his cabin plotting the logistics of getting to where he wants to be and giving orders to his No1 who passes them down the line to be carried out by the people employed to do that job.

Having the right crew makes life so much easier.

Theirs just to many morons on OVF..Can see why people don't come on here anymore...

I'll second that!! It's a shirt!! think about that thought for a bit!! It's out of his control as he said a few times he is doing his best to resolve it

Lets get behind the club and its staff to support our club in climbing the league

Onwards and upwards UTV

I am still waiting for my shirt to arrive, and you know what ,if it doesnt arrive until the start of next season, I couldnt give a monkeys, once it gets here I will cherrish it until my dying days.my second point , why are you questioning a successful buissnesman telling him he needs more help, I am sure if he needs more help he will get it. Keep up the good work norman , the vale is a better place since you came along

He has done so much in such a short space of time beyond our wildest dreams. Yes he has had some small problems but I for one am proud to have an owner like him.

Spot on JJJ,I think a lot of people have been expecting too much too soon and any little problem gets magnified,probably due to the fact we've had nothing but ***te before Smurf came in.I doubt anyone else could have put a lot more into the club in such a short space of time.The club is now going places with Smurf at the helm.

Archived