onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

So...are we for sale ?? Are we in trouble ?? Are we Boomerless ??

smithie

I don't think for one minute that we are for sale, but just in case it is true, let me just say that we will be selling from a far more positive situation by having a stabilised club with better playing assets in a higher division whilst we have made several changes for the better behind the scenes including the new club shop. This us thanks to Normans money and his and wildes business sense.

In my opinion, it is better to sell from this position of strength than having to find a buyer when in administration just to save the club in the first place. Some peoples memories are far too short. We were extremely lucky to find a buyer and for the council to agree to the reduced terms. We were a club in complete disarray with awful commercial agreements and a farce of a self serving board! Anybody drawing parallels between now and then really needs their heads looking at. For all those wanting vale to fail and continuing to mischief make, then go away and leave us alone. I for one don't want to share a stand with you! Your whole purpose in life is to try and ensure that we self implode. Thankfully, I believe that you are in the minority.

Norman assured us that we would be a debt free club and if that is the case and he decides to sell, then he will have my full respect for ploughing his own money into the club and stabilising us at a time when things looked bleak. If he decides to sell, then he deserves the chance to explain why and to ensure that he does best by the club in the future. The underhand nature of some of the comments on here defy belief. I can only say that it is impressive that 3 or 4 year olds have such good IT skills these days!

The only Debt Vale have is a Debt of gratitude to Smurf for putting his money into our club.If he leaves now or the end of the season he does it with us in a stronger more stable place.

Advert

I agree. It really annoys me when people have their say on a forum.

It would be much more interesting if we didn't have one.

It's the way in which certain individuals put their opinions across that's annoying. They seem to thrive or enjoy the fact that all may not be well at the club & cream themselves all over it for their own morbid self satisfaction. That's what gets peoples backs up. Not the fact they might have something to say. If they have something to say then say it in a constructive manner, not in a way intended to rile other posters on here.

How much money has Smurf invested in the club? 2-3 million quid? At least? That being the case even if the club is for sale, Smurf isn't going to sell for a loss. He wouldn't have the money he did if he bought businesses, invested heavily and then sold them for less. That being the case any buyer would clearly have to have suitable funds to take us on.

My personal opinion is Smurf has invested a lot of money, he can't continue to do this and shouldn't be expected to. We need to be self sufficient, to avoid the troubles of the past. He probably is therefore cutting his cloth accordingly, there may be redundancies if that's the case and threads like these are probably a result of this. People thinking they may be being pushed out and trying to take the club down on their way. If that's the way these people behave/act, then good riddance to them anyway.

Like I say, I don't know anything. This is just my assumption in view of all these rumours coming out at such a nonsensical time.

Let's think about the supposed rumblings coming out of Vale's corridors...

Are certain people worried that their time is up and they may get the push?

Smurf is the new boss at Vale. Some staff have remained from his predecessors, some may be new. Some will bring great value and others will be not so valuable. Some will go about their jobs in a professional manner, others may be idle gossips and a potential weak link in his armour. Smurf will have monitored this and will also have had trusted people aiding him to do so.

Whether Smurf is looking to sell or not, he is a proven successful businessman and he is hardly likely to remove persons that will strengthen his hand. The more efficient/successful the Vale are on/off the field, the more likely Smurf is to gain.

How much money has Smurf invested in the club? 2-3 million quid? At least? That being the case even if the club is for sale, Smurf isn't going to sell for a loss. He wouldn't have the money he did if he bought businesses, invested heavily and then sold them for less. That being the case any buyer would clearly have to have suitable funds to take us on.

My personal opinion is Smurf has invested a lot of money, he can't continue to do this and shouldn't be expected to. We need to be self sufficient, to avoid the troubles of the past. He probably is therefore cutting his cloth accordingly, there may be redundancies if that's the case and threads like these are probably a result of this. People thinking they may be being pushed out and trying to take the club down on their way. If that's the way these people behave/act, then good riddance to them anyway.

Like I say, I don't know anything. This is just my assumption in view of all these rumours coming out at such a nonsensical time.

But don't you agree that even the talk of redundancies and "cutting cloth" are at odds with the noises that were coming out of the club barely six months ago? A completed Lorne St, a new pitch etc...they don't come cheap, and didn't strike me as utmost priorities. On the other hand, money has been spent on electronic ticketing that seems to do very little. I used to hand my Season Ticket to a human being who clicked me through, now I hand my card to a human being....who clicks me through!

Whilst I know that Norman shouldn't have to issue statements every time a rumour spreads, I think a little reassurance that all is well wouldn't go amiss.

Whilst I know that Norman shouldn't have to issue statements every time a rumour spreads, I think a little reassurance that all is well wouldn't go amiss.

Why should he, just to massage the ego of some webmong who's got his knickers in a twist over a few rumours?!

For what it's worth, if I were Smurf I'd tell some Vale 'fans' to take a long walk off a short pier.

But don't you agree that even the talk of redundancies and "cutting cloth" are at odds with the noises that were coming out of the club barely six months ago? A completed Lorne St, a new pitch etc...they don't come cheap, and didn't strike me as utmost priorities. On the other hand, money has been spent on electronic ticketing that seems to do very little. I used to hand my Season Ticket to a human being who clicked me through, now I hand my card to a human being....who clicks me through!

The ticketing improvements are for non STs mainly, as you say STs have not changed really. For people with easy access to Burslem there is little change, but those living further away on-line access is of great benefit. As far as I know a lot of work was carried out on the pitch during the close season, far more than previously. New pitches have to be booked 2 seasons ahead, so in the future. Lorne St needed to attract future generations, so not immediate. Changing plans/staff when taking over a new business is not unusual, but the point of the business i.e. the football is improving. I am no longer a shareholder, so letting Smurf spend his money as he wishes, like I will, when I win the lottery and make him an offer.

Can someone please give me a rational (and I mean rational) well-informed insight into where all this speculation is coming from? Sure it's been a bit quiet recently on the Norman front, but it's a MASSIVE leap from that to "He's selling" What hard and clear evidence is available? For sure I'm not seeing or reading anything in this thread that is convincing me.

My guess and it is purely that is that most of the rumours stem from ONE or TWO people inside the club and ONE in particular who should of been dumped on their **** when the last lot went.

It appears that the need has arisen for action to be taken

I have been summoned to take that action

I will keep you informed of action that has been taken

As and when it occurs

A certain person,Bile will be the only clue given

Is most certainly now on the list of

THE BOUNTY HUNTER

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak and remove all doubt.:yes:

Archived