onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

So...are we for sale ?? Are we in trouble ?? Are we Boomerless ??

smithie

Can someone please give me a rational (and I mean rational) well-informed insight into where all this speculation is coming from? Sure it's been a bit quiet recently on the Norman front, but it's a MASSIVE leap from that to "He's selling" What hard and clear evidence is available? For sure I'm not seeing or reading anything in this thread that is convincing me.

Advert

Smurf owns the club, he will do what he thinks is right for his investment. An improving team and improved income would be his priority. If a change of staff/organisation is required, so be it. If he wishes to sell, so be it, he does not have 100s of shareholders to consult, or put their money at risk. Rumours are present every day in most businesses, why should Vale be different, who knows their terms of trade for billing etc?

Yes, we are up for the sale.

No, you're not the only who feels that things don't add up.

Some people, for fear of being of shot down, are keeping quiet.

Whether it is true or not one thing is for certain I do trust smurf to leave us in better shape and he would probably have better contacts to sell us too,so I am not overly concerned tbh.

Now come on Smurf I hope your best mates with a Billionaire Saudi:D

Smurf owns the club, he will do what he thinks is right for his investment. An improving team and improved income would be his priority. If a change of staff/organisation is required, so be it. If he wishes to sell, so be it, he does not have 100s of shareholders to consult, or put their money at risk. Rumours are present every day in most businesses, why should Vale be different, who knows their terms of trade for billing etc?

The key word being "Rumours" can we deal in "Facts" instead please?

In the pub and just seen this. What business isn't for sale at the right price? Mischief making methinks.

Totally agree with you,maybe just maybe he has had interest in the club,he has helped get us promoted and again maybe he has interest from someone who can take us to the next level.

I don't think for one minute that we are for sale, but just in case it is true, let me just say that we will be selling from a far more positive situation by having a stabilised club with better playing assets in a higher division whilst we have made several changes for the better behind the scenes including the new club shop. This us thanks to Normans money and his and wildes business sense.

In my opinion, it is better to sell from this position of strength than having to find a buyer when in administration just to save the club in the first place. Some peoples memories are far too short. We were extremely lucky to find a buyer and for the council to agree to the reduced terms. We were a club in complete disarray with awful commercial agreements and a farce of a self serving board! Anybody drawing parallels between now and then really needs their heads looking at. For all those wanting vale to fail and continuing to mischief make, then go away and leave us alone. I for one don't want to share a stand with you! Your whole purpose in life is to try and ensure that we self implode. Thankfully, I believe that you are in the minority.

Norman assured us that we would be a debt free club and if that is the case and he decides to sell, then he will have my full respect for ploughing his own money into the club and stabilising us at a time when things looked bleak. If he decides to sell, then he deserves the chance to explain why and to ensure that he does best by the club in the future. The underhand nature of some of the comments on here defy belief. I can only say that it is impressive that 3 or 4 year olds have such good IT skills these days!

I don't think for one minute that we are for sale, but just in case it is true, let me just say that we will be selling from a far more positive situation by having a stabilised club with better playing assets in a higher division whilst we have made several changes for the better behind the scenes including the new club shop. This us thanks to Normans money and his and wildes business sense.

In my opinion, it is better to sell from this position of strength than having to find a buyer when in administration just to save the club in the first place. Some peoples memories are far too short. We were extremely lucky to find a buyer and for the council to agree to the reduced terms. We were a club in complete disarray with awful commercial agreements and a farce of a self serving board! Anybody drawing parallels between now and then really needs their heads looking at. For all those wanting vale to fail and continuing to mischief make, then go away and leave us alone. I for one don't want to share a stand with you! Your whole purpose in life is to try and ensure that we self implode. Thankfully, I believe that you are in the minority.

Norman assured us that we would be a debt free club and if that is the case and he decides to sell, then he will have my full respect for ploughing his own money into the club and stabilising us at a time when things looked bleak. If he decides to sell, then he deserves the chance to explain why and to ensure that he does best by the club in the future. The underhand nature of some of the comments on here defy belief. I can only say that it is impressive that 3 or 4 year olds have such good IT skills these days!

Well said PAPA PIG,couldn't put it better me sen,no doubt this thread will be closed soon and no better post to do it with... Till some one else starts another one

Can someone please give me a rational (and I mean rational) well-informed insight into where all this speculation is coming from? Sure it's been a bit quiet recently on the Norman front, but it's a MASSIVE leap from that to "He's selling" What hard and clear evidence is available? For sure I'm not seeing or reading anything in this thread that is convincing me.

Until I hear it from Norman's mouth it's not even worth speculating about.

I think the V2001/MOLD fiasco has left us all wary and too involved with the the off-field affairs. For the immediate future, we should just concentrate our efforts on the football aspects of our club and let the relevant people worry about the running of the club. There are still numerous failings within the club but it's clear the Smurf is his own man, and will do things his own way in his own time, and we may not always like that but he is the owner using his own money.

Well said PAPA PIG,couldn't put it better me sen,no doubt this thread will be closed soon and no better post to do it with... Till some one else starts another one

I agree. It really annoys me when people have their say on a forum.

It would be much more interesting if we didn't have one.

Fully agree, Dont think Norman came intoo port vale to make money or to throw money away, He as put money into the stadium pitch shop etc, and now relying on sufficiant revenue to maintain a healthy vibrant club. Keep pumping money in will not acheive this end. Thankyou Mr. Smurf for what you have done so far to save our club

Like many, many other Valiants it gets on my goat having to constantly listen to or read about so called sales of the club/unrest or other such tripe.

Just get on with what we do....support the Vale.

Agree with most that whoever has control will make their own decisions and we will not influence them other ways.

It's like an Old mother Riley(for us owduns) nag- in when rumours sprout their ugly heads.

Vale are now in a fabulous position compared to a very short time ago and there is no reason on Earth why that can't continue and indeed progress with anyone in the power seat.

Archived