onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

So...are we for sale ?? Are we in trouble ?? Are we Boomerless ??

smithie

If (and it's a big if) we are for sale and/or struggling financially, I hope we get some straight talking from the chairman.

Personally I wouldn't be at all surprised if he wants out and if I'm honest I have had my doubts about NS from the start.

Not doubts about his dosh obviously, but some of his words and deeds have suggested to me someone very, very naive when it comes to football.

His boozing it up in the Crown was something I put down to giddy excitement and fair enough, he was entitled to celebrate like all of us. But there's a lot to be said for not trying to be all things to all men.

His response to the Wolves game (shock, horror - fighting at a football match) was cringingly green. Sorry folks, but people have scrapped outside Vale Park for longer than I can recall. For Norman to be surprised by it was a measure of his naivety.

As for the call to applaud Coventry fans DURING A MATCH!! I'm not sure I've seen such a wet gesture in over 40 years of watching Vale. A big deal ? No, but again one that smacked of a rather lame view of the rivalry that makes the game what it is.

Chuck in the new pitch and completion of Lorne St promises that have gone very quiet and it all adds up to someone going cold on their latest hobby.

Am I the only one who felt that things just didn't add up?

Advert

Yes, we are up for the sale.

No, you're not the only who feels that things don't add up.

Some people, for fear of being of shot down, are keeping quiet.

I too am aware of the same info as you and totally agree that many fans are keeping quiet due to the fact that they will be ridiculed on this forum. And If I named my source , he would be sacked.

Trouble is, we kept quiet waiting to see what transpired under Sir William Bratt's leadership.....and it was very nearly too late when we found out what a mess the club was in.

Fair comment, but Pratt hadn't got a pot to **** in, norm has.

Are we for sale?... Dont know, not sure I care.

Are we in trouble?... I dont think so.

Are we boomerless?... Not yet apparently

Chuck in the new pitch and completion of Lorne St promises that have gone very quiet and it all adds up to someone going cold on their latest hobby.
.. I cant see the point of completing the stand because it wont increase revenue and that would be my priority with a close look at the stand near the end of the tax year.

Are we for sale?... Dont know, not sure I care.

Are we in trouble?... I dont think so.

Are we boomerless?... Not yet apparently

.. I cant see the point of completing the stand because it wont increase revenue and that would be my priority with a close look at the stand near the end of the tax year.

That's my point! There never was a case for completing the stand, and it seemed fanciful to think that our average gates merited it. Sure it look a bit messy but we can live with that. But again, this rather naive idea that it was an important development just set alarm bells ringing for me. Naive, unrealistic or ill-informed...I'm not sure which.

I also think that this year's expected average attendance of 6500 is only "borderline" achievable and again, that figure seemed a bit optimistic when NS first spoke of it. If we do get there it will be thanks to Wolves & Cov!!

Archived