onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robs veiw on service feature

Advert

Whilst I agree with Rob's points, I reckon someone like Norman, with his business nous, would be aware of the need for a PA in the longer term if we continue to grow. My guess is that he has traded the cost of that off against things which he deemed to be more important at the time - hence the improvements elsewhere at the club.

It needn't be an expensive solution though - even getting someone in part time for a couple of days a week to deal with mail to the club, we could improve our response time.

I felt sad when I heard the story about the former players - but it doesn't sound like Norman to do that sort of thing, so I suspect it just slipped under the radar. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he reached out to the former players with an offer to put things straight. Hope so anyway - good clubs look after their former players.

Whilst I agree with Rob's points, I reckon someone like Norman, with his business nous, would be aware of the need for a PA in the longer term if we continue to grow. My guess is that he has traded the cost of that off against things which he deemed to be more important at the time - hence the improvements elsewhere at the club.

It needn't be an expensive solution though - even getting someone in part time for a couple of days a week to deal with mail to the club, we could improve our response time.

I felt sad when I heard the story about the former players - but it doesn't sound like Norman to do that sort of thing, so I suspect it just slipped under the radar. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he reached out to the former players with an offer to put things straight. Hope so anyway - good clubs look after their former players.

That's pretty much my take on it as well.

You were not at the recent supporters club meeting then. Smurf described the ex players as a bunch of old men and the present supporters would not know who they were. He took full responsibility for the decision and said it was nothing to do with Lodey.He came over as arrogant and rude. He desperately needs a CEO,someone who is experienced in running a football club.I am beginning to get the impression that he is out of his depth.

Exactly right rob views that I have become well known for on ovf I first expressed them back in may but was largely shot down in flames as some charlatan. Smurf should have invested in some staff a head of retail and a head of commercial we are still a joke in terms of our commercial set.

I think I agreed with you at the time that NS whilst the man with the vision and strategy might not have what's needed for the actual operation of the business..if we could afford such people

As you say, mainly you were shot down by people commenting along the lines of "do you think a man with such successful businesses etc etc doesn't know what he is doing"...strategically I am sure he does but operationally maybe not.

I feel it may be a deliberate decision not to recognise the ex-players as there may be a wish to sever ties with the past and emphasise that this is a new Port Vale. I believe there are very few, if any, recent ex-players in the organisation. I also think that Norman sees the Supporters Club as the only channel for communication between supporters and the club and the that communication should be open. Let us not go back to fragmented support when there were almost as many organisations as opinions amongst fans.

You were not at the recent supporters club meeting then. Smurf described the ex players as a bunch of old men and the present supporters would not know who they were. He took full responsibility for the decision and said it was nothing to do with Lodey.He came over as arrogant and rude. He desperately needs a CEO,someone who is experienced in running a football club.I am beginning to get the impression that he is out of his depth.

At last other people are seeng this. I was berated back in may for recognising this and accused of wanting the job etc etc. Smurf needs help way way out of his depth and drowning I could bring the additional 200k into vale within a week. The shop is ok but not spectacular we would have sold a boat load of shirts if they had arrived on the crest of the promotion wave. On th corporate side seen little evidence of anything new. Why did smurf bring wildes in with him in the first place ? Probbably to do the business end of things. Smurf got all hung up on the adulation of fans who worshipped the man who had saved the club from extinction and given them some sweeties out of a jar which turned out to be purse, hughes and the ever present legend birchall. He then decides to take on the role of three individuals and its simply not working as i said it wouldn't months ago.

I believe there are very few, if any, recent ex-players in the organisation.

Well, you clearly haven't read the articles about this issue then have you?

1. Click on this link - http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/content/ex-players-association-clubs-silence/

2. Look at the box on the right

3. You'll see that three of the ex-players association include Ken Hancock (269 appearances), Graham Barnett (57 apps) and John Poole (33 apps).

4. Then review your comment that it doesn't include any ex-players...

;)

I don't feel we have moved forward that much considering the amount of money that has allegedly been spent. None of my recent experiences when trying to spend money at the club have been very positive.

The shop has moved it's branding is better the shirt debacle was not great. The shop still has the same feel staff not trained to deliver any form of service. The girls just jibber behind one desk whilst the manager takes your money and isa total introvert .Product is improved but not enough of it as I have stated many times the shop, tommy s and the corporate events should be marketed together the shop staff should be talking about events at cheadles or in Lorne street. And the vale market don't know how far this has gone to be fair but to any doubters get up a little early visit penkridge market and then tell me markets are a thing of the past

Well, you clearly haven't read the articles about this issue then have you?

1. Click on this link - http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/content/ex-players-association-clubs-silence/

2. Look at the box on the right

3. You'll see that three of the ex-players association include Ken Hancock (269 appearances), Graham Barnett (57 apps) and John Poole (33 apps).

4. Then review your comment that it doesn't include any ex-players...

;)

I think he meant recent ex-players rightly or wrongly.

But Gary B also highlighted non-replies recently... are these all slipping under the radar or is there a much wider problem?

Archived