onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robs veiw on service feature

So this season , AFTER PROMOTION, we have had the slagging off of players, Pope, Lines to name just two, the continual slagging off of the manager big time , and the start of slagging off of the chairman and OWNER of the club who saved us from extinction and is still putting money into the club..............Was only a few months ago when we were all celebrating the new era of OUR club, and we ALL pulled together after all the s**te years we had endured before. But we still have fans who are not happy , look where we were ,and look where we are . We should be thankful that we still have a club to support not to slag off.

Advert

I am only reporting what I have experienced as a customer. Don't keep harping on about the debt free bit, that is because Mr Smurthwaite paid off the debt at 3p in the pound, writing off some Vale fans shareholding in the process. I haven't noticed the facilities improving that much, that is my point. Food in the directors lounge seems expensive and poor compared to how it was, I really struggled to buy some directors box tickets for a recent game, including spending quite a while on the expensive 0871 phone number without anyone answering.

So it's Smurfs fault the fans shareholding was written off for paying off the debt, and not V2001's fault for getting us in such debt leading to administration? You're blaming the solution rather than the cause, which quite frankly is backwards and bonkers.

I am only reporting what I have experienced as a customer. Don't keep harping on about the debt free bit, that is because Mr Smurthwaite paid off the debt at 3p in the pound, writing off some Vale fans shareholding in the process. I haven't noticed the facilities improving that much, that is my point. Food in the directors lounge seems expensive and poor compared to how it was, I really struggled to buy some directors box tickets for a recent game, including spending quite a while on the expensive 0871 phone number without anyone answering.

Smurf bought the club out of admin, just like your mate did. Not only deluded, but also ignoring facts to justify your delusions. And that line about 'writing off some vale fans share holdings' is not only ridiculous but it insulting to anyone with a little bit of intelligence. The people who lost the fans shareholding was V2001, who not only ran us into the ground, but ignored offers to sell and protect those investments. Only people to walk away with their money was bratt (and melv)! To even put such a suggestion in he same sentence as smurf is insane whilst constantly defending the people who ripped the heart out of the club and lost fans money out of self interest, I can't figure out if you are too pig headed to accept what happened, or too daft to understand. If you haven't noticed any improvement, I presume you have your eyes closed when using the shop, ticketing systems or watching games in a higher division with better players. You constantly pick at little issues now, yet never once criticised the past regime and in fact defended them to the hilt. There is no sensible reason for this. Was having mar mate as chairman so important to you?

So this season , AFTER PROMOTION, we have had the slagging off of players, Pope, Lines to name just two, the continual slagging off of the manager big time , and the start of slagging off of the chairman and OWNER of the club who saved us from extinction and is still putting money into the club..............Was only a few months ago when we were all celebrating the new era of OUR club, and we ALL pulled together after all the s**te years we had endured before. But we still have fans who are not happy , look where we were ,and look where we are . We should be thankful that we still have a club to support not to slag off.

Whats that got to do with customers complaining about service.... or the PR is cack... smurf bought it as a business I would have thought he would use best business practices to improve the business... perhaps Im wrong

Yes we are thankful smurf saved the vale although we don't know someone else wouldn't have. Yes we are thankful the old regime has gone all that lot frankly is in the past so lets move on. The fact is a man purchased our club a man reportedly worth 50 million we expected a better playing squad smurf hailed each signing as if we were getting van persie the following day only to find on each occasion it was darren purse and chris birchall. We eventually got hughes very late after the fax machine debacle.

Last seasons promotion was on mickey adams team siege mentality and very little to do with the smurf.

When wildes went it left wildes exposed in ideas or experience in commercial management or pr.

The club needs a CEO and or a decent commercial and marketing manager smurf is floundering the club shop is probbably the only move forward and smurf only approved its design. Which ever way it's dressed up smurf ordered the shirts without any testing of quality or penalties to the suppliers.

I feel it may be a deliberate decision not to recognise the ex-players as there may be a wish to sever ties with the past and emphasise that this is a new Port Vale.

Oddly many of us continue to support Port Vale becasue of what has happened in the past..on the pitch. The past is one of the main reasons that we are here now and will still be here in the future

I feel it may be a deliberate decision not to recognise the ex-players as there may be a wish to sever ties with the past and emphasise that this is a new Port Vale.

This thread was originally about the issue of lack of customer-focus by the club (the focus of the blog post).

Even if your point is correct then in terms of informing the customer, the club are failing.

We had a presentation (albeit when Mr Wildes was still here) about respecting the past and our heritage, the back of our home shirt (approved by Mr Smurthwaite) also reflects that as does our crest for this season. All that indicates that the Vale's past and heritage are still important to the club.

If there's been a change away from recognising the past (and I would agree with Aitch's comments above about that) why has that not been communicated and explained?

I'm pleased we have an owner in charge who is financially able to take us forward and yet is astute enough not to over-spend to achieve it; I am delighted that Micky Adams guided us to promotion; I am pleased to be back in League One.... But if we want to compete in the long-run, if we want to try and attract new fans and families then marketing and PR are going to play a major part. And right now, there still seems to be a worrying lack of communication - the lack of updates on what is happening with regards to the third shirt being another good example.

If the above sounds like "moaning" to some people, then so be it. However, as I mention in the article itself, I would class it as constructive criticism as I'm not just complaining and offering no solution. I mention several ways that I think the club can address this problem - none of which I feel will cost a great deal - especially not in the long-run as good communication and marketing can more than pay for itself in the long-run.

This thread was originally about the issue of lack of customer-focus by the club (the focus of the blog post).

Even if your point is correct then in terms of informing the customer, the club are failing.

We had a presentation (albeit when Mr Wildes was still here) about respecting the past and our heritage, the back of our home shirt (approved by Mr Smurthwaite) also reflects that as does our crest for this season. All that indicates that the Vale's past and heritage are still important to the club.

If there's been a change away from recognising the past (and I would agree with Aitch's comments above about that) why has that not been communicated and explained?

I'm pleased we have an owner in charge who is financially able to take us forward and yet is astute enough not to over-spend to achieve it; I am delighted that Micky Adams guided us to promotion; I am pleased to be back in League One.... But if we want to compete in the long-run, if we want to try and attract new fans and families then marketing and PR are going to play a major part. And right now, there still seems to be a worrying lack of communication - the lack of updates on what is happening with regards to the third shirt being another good example.

If the above sounds like "moaning" to some people, then so be it. However, as I mention in the article itself, I would class it as constructive criticism as I'm not just complaining and offering no solution. I mention several ways that I think the club can address this problem - none of which I feel will cost a great deal - especially not in the long-run as good communication and marketing can more than pay for itself in the long-run.

You have really said it all there Rob. Whilst I am loath to criticise Smurf, I am beginning to see a few of his short comings(we all have them.... even me ha ha) he is misguided if he feels that he can run the club solo especially on a three day week basis.

A good CEO officer would really pay for himself with the contacts the right man has and I believe Paul Wildes was well aware of this fact.

We have come so far in a relatively short space of time and to go backwards by lack of a little extra cash investment would be an absolute crime. How much more is Smurf's investment in Port Vale FC worth now in cash terms? Perhaps our Norman should consider this and get a couple more nice sweeties out of the jar!!

Archived