onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Orient v Port Vale, 14th Sept 2013. Pre Match/ Match

Fosse69

I'll be going to this and i really am hoping we can shock them and get something from this but we were really poor yesterday and can see us getting stuffed if Micky puts the same side as yesterdays starting 11.

My heart says 2-1 Vale but my head says 3-0 Orient.

Nobody has beaten Vale by three clear goals for well over 18 months. It won't happen at Orient either.

Advert

Orient had a decent season last year and have obviously moved up a gear this season.

But, if you're looking for omens:

Their Manager has won Manager of the Month this week

They have won all their games and must drop points soon

Vale will have some self belief after last weekend

They will see Griff in our team , and

They may be a bit complacent

So what do we do? Well we could get rolled over 2-0, or we could go on the attack and gain a well deserved 2-2 draw.

I think something must be about to give for Orient.

Orient had a decent season last year and have obviously moved up a gear this season.

But, if you're looking for omens:

Their Manager has won Manager of the Month this week

They have won all their games and must drop points soon

Vale will have some self belief after last weekend

They will see Griff in our team , and

They may be a bit complacent

So what do we do? Well we could get rolled over 2-0, or we could go on the attack and gain a well deserved 2-2 draw.

I think something must be about to give for Orient.

Are points 4 and 5 linked? :)

On a serious note, looking forward to this one. Should be another good test for us.

But if he changes a team thats won the last two games and we lose then people will also go mental at him for changing a winning team.

We've scored 3 goals in 2 games.

All 3 have come when Myrie and Mo were on the field.

The team that has won us the games is the team that includes the wingers.

Tough one this, they will lose some time, hopefully the manager of the month curse strikes again. If we pick our best 11 for this game then I think we could cause an upset. I would certainly play one of the wingers and leave the other on the bench if needed to try and change the game.

Neal

Yates Chilvers Robertson Dickinson (If Jones isnt fit)

JMW Griffith Lines Loft

Pope Williamson

Or maybe Dodds behind Pope instead of Williamson. Think there is enough attack in that team to worry Orient, if we struggle we have pace and experience on the bench with Hughes, Tomlin and Mo. Think we will snatch a point in an even game 1-1 JMW.

My team would be 4-3-3: Neal; Yates, Robertson, Dickinson, Loft; Griffith, Lines, Dodds; Tomlin, Myrie-Williams, Pope

Lets have Tomlin on the right and JMW on the left. Get to the byline and put some good balls in. popes found his touch so lets feed him properly. Crosses of right footers from the left are easy to clear by defenders. Lets put in some hard, fast crosses that make defences panic.

Obviously a good side Orient r but hopefully the confidence gained from the last two wins will mean the team been at the top of there game .

Well Griff has something to prove when we go there be lovely if he smashes in a 30 yarder .

my team

Neal

Duffy Robbo Chilvers Dicko

Griff

jmw Shuker Loft Mohammed

Pope

I see no reason why we cannot put them on the back foot this team allows us to go forwards and maybe deliver telling balls to Popey .

4_3 Vale Pope Griff Loft Hugill

Hugill?????????? really

My team would be 4-3-3: Neal; Yates, Robertson, Dickinson, Loft; Griffith, Lines, Dodds; Tomlin, Myrie-Williams, Pope

Lets have Tomlin on the right and JMW on the left. Get to the byline and put some good balls in. popes found his touch so lets feed him properly. Crosses of right footers from the left are easy to clear by defenders. Lets put in some hard, fast crosses that make defences panic.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tomlin given a run on the wing as well,didnt he score most of his Southend goals from that position?

Archived