onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are we Lucky to have Micky?

old sage

Advert

OS makes some valid points that are his own opinions.

JMW performed well but can you really judge his performance in the first half from the Railway stand?

Ben Williamson needs more games to improve and there was some nice interplay between Pope, Dodds and Ben that didn't happen when Lee Hughes was on the pitch.

As for the main subject in this thread I think your right about Mickey regarding team selection and subs but he's the manager he deals with these players on a daily basis and knows how to do the job better than any of us so let's get behind Mickey and whoever pulls on a Vale shirt because that's all we can do to help.

Finally I am just glad that when John Rudge was manager we didn't have OVF and all this sh!t was talked about at work, on the terraces and in the pub.

You are right about Rudge era and no OVF

Can you imagine it ???????????/

yes we are, and i'll back him all day long. 5 games into our first season in L1, some people have short memories and should be ashamed!
I agree my friend that is why I am very dismayed with the lack of patience shown to Tom Pope by so many after just 5 league games where despite his poor goal return has still been far from our worst player. A few months ago everyone was imploring him to sign a long term contract yet now many consider he isn't up to L1. short memories remember how he got his £180,000 move to Rotherham due to his goals in the Championship for Crewe.

Micky Adams conceded yesterday that the quality of service to him was poor and Mick Cullo said on Radio Sjoke that 'he had two decent crosses on Saturday and he got to them both with one going in the net'. Enough said.

I agree my friend that is why I am very dismayed with the lack of patience shown to Tom Pope by so many after just 5 league games where despite his poor goal return has still been far from our worst player. A few months ago everyone was imploring him to sign a long term contract yet now many consider he isn't up to L1. short memories remember how he got his £180,000 move to Rotherham due to his goals in the Championship for Crewe.

Micky Adams conceded yesterday that the quality of service to him was poor and Mick Cullo said on Radio Sjoke that 'he had two decent crosses on Saturday and he got to them both with one going in the net'. Enough said.

Short memories? Lack of patience?

You need to see your comments about a certain winger who was in League 2's team of the year last year.

Put your faith in Mickey Adams. Thats what we were told. Thats what we all did, almost.

I certainly did and what have we had in return.

Signs 6 new players

Robertson - good - an improvement

Lines - not sure - dont see him as the midfield player we needed

Cannot see him scoring a goal let alone goals.

Yes he does the simple ball well, so should all pro footballers but why this 20yd / 40yd pass

too many times. Thought his best game was Bradford where Loft played as the runner and Lines did sit back

Griffith - why sign him - Again cannot see him scoring a goal.

Why are we possibly the only team in league 1 who needs a destroyer.

Other teams have a decent footballer in his position.

He cannot tackle and ' destroy ' teams in they pass the ball past him.

That two centre mid players and no goals. Both too deep in their play. 20yds too deep.

Anyother player we have is untried at this level and is a big gamble.

Personally i dont believe they are good enough.

This league is a massive step up. Too many times i have heard said that this League 1 will be easy

and thats our players never mind 1000's of supporters , its not.

Colchester , Oldham , Walsall will all struggle and they have all beaten us already.

Mohammed - poor - will he ever be more than a bench player. NO.

Complete waste. Had good seasons with Cheltenham but i cannot see any good in him

Tomlin - In our formation i cannot see a good player here.

Pope and Tomlin or is it Tomlin wide ? Not for me.

Dickenson - 100% player but not a centre back. Most important position if you are to stay in this league.

You cannot make do. Earlier someone said Duffy for centre back. WHY He or Dickenson have never played there

Why try them out now.

The daft thing about Dickenson is that after signing him we are led to believe that we cannot sign another player

- Doumbe - because of finances etc etc. If this is true why sign Dickenson !!!!!!

Our wide men are struggling- This is a good league dont forget-

Pope is struggling - Dont want to knock him but i have seen many many times players have wonderful one off seasons.

The bench doesnt offer me anything to say ' swap him or him and it will be all o.k. '

Dodds Birchall Williamson Schuker Taylor Lloyd Chilvers Davies

Its last years bench, its a league 2 bench. Four or five of our bench will never start a game and shouldnt too.

Lets just add:

We offer Birchall a contract and the he jets off for a month and has no pre season.

The pre season that everyone says is a must and is so important.

He plays half a game out of 3 , if a remember , comes back and says hes retiring from Int football. Too late !

We resign Hughes who at 37 really is looking his age im afraid BUT would still start in my team,

providing we have wide men who offer him a decent service. Why have him sat on the bench ? [ we did at the start ]

If we cannot give him a service then i dont believe he is worth his money.

I dont blame Hughes here but with him and a struggling Pope, i cannot see any goals in our team

We need 30 + goals minimum to survive. Where are they coming from.?

Centre mid ?

Wide men ?

Front two ?

Oh i forgot we have a long range thrower now - but no goals to show

So Mickey - personally i did put my trust in you.

Yes its very early days and yes you and your team know more than i will ever know about football

but i have seen some football myself over the years and at present this current squad has a lot to do

to keep league 1 football at Vale Park.

" In Mickey we trust " I still do - i have no choice so dont let me down Mickey

I will still be here next year and the year after

Put your faith in Mickey Adams. Thats what we were told. Thats what we all did, almost.

I certainly did and what have we had in return.

Signs 6 new players

Robertson - good - an improvement

Lines - not sure - dont see him as the midfield player we needed

Cannot see him scoring a goal let alone goals.

Yes he does the simple ball well, so should all pro footballers but why this 20yd / 40yd pass

too many times. Thought his best game was Bradford where Loft played as the runner and Lines did sit back

Griffith - why sign him - Again cannot see him scoring a goal.

Why are we possibly the only team in league 1 who needs a destroyer.

Other teams have a decent footballer in his position.

He cannot tackle and ' destroy ' teams in they pass the ball past him.

That two centre mid players and no goals. Both too deep in their play. 20yds too deep.

Anyother player we have is untried at this level and is a big gamble.

Personally i dont believe they are good enough.

This league is a massive step up. Too many times i have heard said that this League 1 will be easy

and thats our players never mind 1000's of supporters , its not.

Colchester , Oldham , Walsall will all struggle and they have all beaten us already.

Mohammed - poor - will he ever be more than a bench player. NO.

Complete waste. Had good seasons with Cheltenham but i cannot see any good in him

Tomlin - In our formation i cannot see a good player here.

Pope and Tomlin or is it Tomlin wide ? Not for me.

Dickenson - 100% player but not a centre back. Most important position if you are to stay in this league.

You cannot make do. Earlier someone said Duffy for centre back. WHY He or Dickenson have never played there

Why try them out now.

The daft thing about Dickenson is that after signing him we are led to believe that we cannot sign another player

- Doumbe - because of finances etc etc. If this is true why sign Dickenson !!!!!!

Our wide men are struggling- This is a good league dont forget-

Pope is struggling - Dont want to knock him but i have seen many many times players have wonderful one off seasons.

The bench doesnt offer me anything to say ' swap him or him and it will be all o.k. '

Dodds Birchall Williamson Schuker Taylor Lloyd Chilvers Davies

Its last years bench, its a league 2 bench. Four or five of our bench will never start a game and shouldnt too.

Lets just add:

We offer Birchall a contract and the he jets off for a month and has no pre season.

The pre season that everyone says is a must and is so important.

He plays half a game out of 3 , if a remember , comes back and says hes retiring from Int football. Too late !

We resign Hughes who at 37 really is looking his age im afraid BUT would still start in my team,

providing we have wide men who offer him a decent service. Why have him sat on the bench ? [ we did at the start ]

If we cannot give him a service then i dont believe he is worth his money.

I dont blame Hughes here but with him and a struggling Pope, i cannot see any goals in our team

We need 30 + goals minimum to survive. Where are they coming from.?

Centre mid ?

Wide men ?

Front two ?

Oh i forgot we have a long range thrower now - but no goals to show

So Mickey - personally i did put my trust in you.

Yes its very early days and yes you and your team know more than i will ever know about football

but i have seen some football myself over the years and at present this current squad has a lot to do

to keep league 1 football at Vale Park.

" In Mickey we trust " I still do - i have no choice so dont let me down Mickey

I will still be here next year and the year after

Agree with all that. A number of lazy signings as usual.

Say one thing about Pope,if Marc Richards had the treatment dished out to him Popey has had this season he would be banned now :yes:

Biggest factor in the scoreline yesterday was the quality on show and the fact that Wolves have a wages budget twice that of ours.

Money talks and to be honest I would have been happy with a point.

Are you serious? 1 player on £40k a week, don't know about the rest.

The original quote was 'we don't deserve Micky Adams', which is the biggest load of ******* I have ever heard.

Are we lucky to have Micky? No. He does his job, and gets paid handsomely for it. He tried the league above and failed miserably.

I personally don't like his character, but this doesn't reflect on what I feel about his managerial skills. Ferguson and Mourinho are idiots but this doesn't change my view on their ability.

I personally think that we will not progress any further than mid-table in this league with Micky's tactics and signings. His reluctance/refusal to play youth is irritating, and will jump ship if the opportunity occurs, as history proves.

If Micky were to leave tomorrow, I would be grateful for what he has done for us, but I would look forward to a more exciting brand of football, with less emphasis on target men and experienced, battle-hardened pro's.

This post has nothing to do with our current form. Please do not respond with "5 games in ****** hell already moaning look at what he's done fickle fan omg omg omg".

and the biggest load of sh** ive ever heard you saying Feruson and Mourinhio are idiots.

At the start of last season I would have said yes..... if your in a corner with no money, little hope and only what stands before you adams is one of the few that can do the job decently. With choices, more money and the ability to bring in players his value decreases. How much it decreases I cant guess, I dont have opinions on who he signs or his substitution choices because I dont see them first hand, others do so I will leave them to comment.

He doesnt seem to like young players and doesnt seem to show much interest in developing any, I could be wrong but I havent seen any signs of it.

His PR skills are terrible and his attitude shows above everything else... before people jump up and say he isnt employed for his PR skills... its part of the job.... if it isnt then whoever decided it was wise to stick a microphone in front of him after a match should seriously rethink the strategy... get someone else to do it.... anyone... except lodey.

Whoever we have on the books are there because adams chose them, I doubt he pulled names out of the hat so he must have done some homework, if they arent good enough its down to him, if there are players on the books that arent good enough get rid. A big squad can carry a little dead wood but a small squad doesnt have that luxury, everyone has to be capable of pulling on the shirt and doing the job.... are there any players not good enough?... I dont know.

If he hasnt signed his new contract its time to look for a possible replacement, whether he goes or not its time to look just in case.... better prepared than grab in panic.

Will he go?.... no idea.... its his choice... and smurfs... although smurf outwardly gives the impression he would hang on to him at any cost and that adams is port vale.... what he thinks in private is anyones guess.

Should he go/stay.... are his signings any good.... does he pick the right team.... are his substitutions any good.... are his tactics up to the job.... are all questions I leave to others.

To be quite honest provided the team perform well [not just win] I dont care if its micky adams or mickey mouse in charge

Dont know about MA going, with all the sh it and slagging been thrown about by some idiots on here can see Smurf walking. How quickly certain vale fans turn on their own.

If smurf decides to walk he will, I doubt very much if, as a business man, he would decide to walk because of an internet forum.

Racist chants, flares, thuggery may play a part in the decision as may falling gates because of them but fans gobbing off on a forum... nah... to get rid of that all he has to do is stop reading it.

He is a business man [i hope] he will walk when he decides the time is right.... usually when there is a profit to be made or the losses are too great.

All this talk of Smurf maybe walking raises the question, under what circumstances?

He cannot just walk! He has to find a buyer and presumably one that gives him a profit on what he's already put into the club? Who would that be? Who could offer Vale the stability shown so far and more?

Some on here question Smurf's input/attitude already, even though he's been an absolute hero in the eyes of so many other of us. If there is a constant hammering of Adams and or players then Smurf may re-think his long term strategy and imo that would cause Vale a massive step backwards, just when it looked likely we had ridden our club of so many detrimental drawbacks.

We are in division 1 with a hopefully increasing fan base and only 5 League games gone. At Vale Park at least we have actually played some very good football and frankly even though we lost 3-1 to Wolves we were in no way outplayed or outclassed by allegedly one of the favourites to get promoted. Get your heads out of the sand peeps and back the Club. Get rid of the morons, not the people who got us into a far better way of Football life at Vale!!

Archived