onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are we Lucky to have Micky?

old sage

Advert

For gods sake he we go another defeat and you lot all want Adams sacked!!! Get a grip we've played 5 games.....we are in a new division and we are feeling our way in I don't think Adams knows yet what his best side is everybody picked the same side as Adams before the game and when it all doesn't quite work out you all criticise!!

I love all this team picking on here just shows how two faced some people are

No criticism when we beat Bradford seams to be he is always out of his depth when we lose!! It's football....you win some you lose some typical knee jerk reactions

Having read all the previous posts I can find ONE that says Adams should be sacked all the rest are opinions,Why do you say "You lot what him sacked" ? I dont I am a typical supporter who wonders why we always go to pot in the second half and never seem to make game changing substitutions are you saying you are not allowed an opinion ?

I give the man a huge amount of credit for what he has done for this football club and i certainly dont hold a grudge against him just because he moved to his boyhood club... anyone would do that. He has a good track record at this level and has a wealth of experience in the game. However, the game has developed and tactics wise especially, there are now better managers out there more suited to the modern game. His subsitutions are always questionable and the style of play although attacking is never the prettiest.

In my opinion, it is now time for Micky to use a modern formation of 4-2-3-1 and atleast try to play free flowing and passing football instead of the hoof top Popeys head or the predictable get it out wide and in the box. Whether we've got the players to change and do this who knows? If possible, i would love him to look for some younger prem players eager for some game time in and strengthen our squad.

I give the man a huge amount of credit for what he has done for this football club and i certainly dont hold a grudge against him just because he moved to his boyhood club... anyone would do that. He has a good track record at this level and has a wealth of experience in the game. However, the game has developed and tactics wise especially, there are now better managers out there more suited to the modern game. His subsitutions are always questionable and the style of play although attacking is never the prettiest.

In my opinion, it is now time for Micky to use a modern formation of 4-2-3-1 and atleast try to play free flowing and passing football instead of the hoof top Popeys head or the predictable get it out wide and in the box. Whether we've got the players to change and do this who knows? If possible, i would love him to look for some younger prem players eager for some game time in and strengthen our squad.

Mitch,what you,myself and many others would like to see ain't going to happen.Flogging players in training,going for the older type, journeyman, hard worker with limited skill and of little value to the club in the future is what we'll get.What I don't get is he moans about his meagre budget ( again yesterday) but wastes it on players who probably won't get a dozen games a season at this level.Micky did a good job last season but needed a decent injection of cash to get us over the line.I hope he proves me wrong but I'd expect a real struggle,as he is now saying he thought we would anyway.Any news on him signing his new contract yet?Thought not.

Well Martin Foyle got us 12th in this league a few years back and was hounded out by vale fans. With Akpo and Constantine up front breaking all time Vale goal scoring records.

So if Micky Adams is a superior manager I would expect higher than 12th this season.

In reality this league is much harder than people realise and we'll be lucky to stay up.

You think Foyle is a better manager than Adams? Nonsense.

Lets not forget he started the rot that Sinnott and Glover continued.

Mitch,what you,myself and many others would like to see ain't going to happen.Flogging players in training,going for the older type, journeyman, hard worker with limited skill and of little value to the club in the future is what we'll get.What I don't get is he moans about his meagre budget ( again yesterday) but wastes it on players who probably won't get a dozen games a season at this level.Micky did a good job last season but needed a decent injection of cash to get us over the line.I hope he proves me wrong but I'd expect a real struggle,as he is now saying he thought we would anyway.Any news on him signing his new contract yet?Thought not.

Correct!

I don't expect to sign a new contract until his current one expires. My belief is twofold.

1. Adams is trying to get away, if he can get another job, and it will be easier for him to leave with minimal compensation if the Chairman is determined to get a pay off.

2. It wouldn't surprise me if the Chairman has talked to all the opposition Chairmen to glean information from and to learn more about running a football club which has opened his eyes to the fact that MIcky is probably being paid more than the going rate for a manager at our level. Don't forget Bratty doubled his money when he came back from Sheff. Utd in an attempt to deflect criticism from him self in the hope that the return of "the Messiah" would get fans onside.

I've said it for the last 6 months. I don't think Micky will be our manager come the start of next season. Either he'll engineer a move away or he'll be sacked.

As I have said I like Adams and I think he will keep us up but like has been said I think his wage will be a problem along with not wanting to play younger players

yes we are, and i'll back him all day long. 5 games into our first season in L1, some people have short memories and should be ashamed!

Ok gloves off, without Tom Pope we wouldn't have got promoted. Micky did a great job of holding things together and creating the right mentality. However, his tactics and his substitutions, particularly after Christmas, when teams had worked us out were pathetic at times.

You can argue that he didn't have the quality of players at his disposal but if that's the case why sideline Mordey and get rid of Burge when we were crying out for players like them.

Just my opinion of course and I will undoubtedly be told to shut up and be accused of wanting to be the next manager. Come on folks, this is a fans forum and a place where we can air our views supposedly.

Whatever happens, I'm there home and away (oh except next week - family committment, sorry!)

Ok gloves off, without Tom Pope we wouldn't have got promoted. Micky did a great job of holding things together and creating the right mentality. However, his tactics and his substitutions, particularly after Christmas, when teams had worked us out were pathetic at times.

You can argue that he didn't have the quality of players at his disposal but if that's the case why sideline Mordey and get rid of Burge when we were crying out for players like them.

Just my opinion of course and I will undoubtedly be told to shut up and be accused of wanting to be the next manager. Come on folks, this is a fans forum and a place where we can air our views supposedly.

Whatever happens, I'm there home and away (oh except next week - family committment, sorry!)

Respect Bertie me owd fruit. Na seriously, I get things aren't perfect atm, we need to back everyone. We'll soon see if he's up to it, but my money is on him :)

Agreed. He did best at the start of last season when his team and formation was forced on him by the transfer embargo. Once that was lifted he had decisions to make and we went back to the tired old tactics.

Archived