onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are we Lucky to have Micky?

old sage

Advert

He walked out for his boyhood club when the club was relatively 'stable' not when we were in Admin. Furthermore a lot of fans were boycotting the club too at the time he went with all the B & G protests against MOLD.

WRONG!!! he walked out after the Christmas 2010 shareholders meeting when all the protests were just about to kick off, and fatman & copper top made up half of MOLD which was set up by BB in the autumn of 2011,

Could maybe one of our 'statto's put up a 'league table' of Micky's overall games/wins/loses/draws table against, say the last 5 managers?.

It won't tell us much we don't already know but it may make interesting reading.

Neither will it change many people's views, either for or against - Micky is our manager and I back his judgement until he's not manager anymore - then I will back the next guys.

Results on the pitch or the offer of another job will determine when that change will take place.

Now is not the time for knee jerk reactions we've played 5 games for gods sake, we could quite easily be four points better off get off the managers back and support him .

Spot on!

Are we lucky in having him as manager....no we are not lucky as such, but need to get behind him and lads to ensure we keep on improving.

Results are pretty much everything the higher the Leagues you climb so time will dictate whatever the Club and/or Adams decides is best for both. Until that is upon us we need to support ALL Vale.

I like Adams and I think at this level he is a good manager. He will keep us up this year which will be a good achievement. His only problem is that fans expectations are high after a promotion season.

Yesterday I feel in the second half he went for it and it backfired.

Wolves have better players than us and it showed in the end.

But over the course of the season I imagine we will have some great highs and also lows. Just have to remember that when we go through a low moment where we have come from.

In the light of what both Smurf says and what I am seeing on this forum I wonder what others think?

My own personal opinion is that though he can be a good motivator his tactical nous is very poor and at times his substitutions are quite frankly unbelievable.

Lets just have a squint at yesterday's events. I thought that his team selection was pretty good especially his decision to play JMW on the left. It all started to unravel when Jones came off injured. Why didn't he simply push Dickinson into his favoured left back position and put Duffy (who I don't rate I'm afraid) into the centre of defence. Instead he moved Yates over to the left and played Duffy on the right. Duffy is quite simply too slow to play at full back.

At half time he astounded many by moving Myrie who was having his best game of the season on his more natural left side, into the middle and then the 'master stroke' shortly after when he took Hughes off to replace him with Williamson who though he hit the post with a cracking effort generally offers very little in my opinion. I bet their boss Mr Jackett couldn't believe his luck!

I believe had Micky not fiddled with the team with the above changes that we would now have at least 1 if not 3 more points on the table.

Smurf says that we are lucky to have Micky, sometimes I wish 'that we weren't so lucky!!'

I will be interested to hear other posters views.

Agreed

I see os is venting a good few of his bug bears in one post. It lost credibility as soon as you said Jeno was having his best game of the season just to fit into your "play him on the left" agenda. Utter nonsense
Did you attend the game Yukon?. Serious question because JMW had his best half for a long time and skinned their full back on several occasions.

Could maybe one of our 'statto's put up a 'league table' of Micky's overall games/wins/loses/draws table against, say the last 5 managers?.

I think his record would be far better than Glovers or Sinnotts! That said that's hardly an achievement. To put things into perspective he's one of only two managers in the last 30 years to win a promotion.

Williamson does very little.Sage you normally make valid comments.This is not one of them.
Go on tell me what he does then and I will tell you what our front two do an awful lot better. Ben is at his most dangerous when we are already winning but we need subs that can 'turn' a game sadly Ben doesn't. This isn't about Williamson though more about the Manager's decision making.

Archived