onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tommy Cheadles

CAVALIER

Smurf wanted jimmy to use tommy's for his away trips but they are not as accommodating as the bulls head, haven't got a licence till 10 am so any early trips such as Carlisle and Orient where early starts are required the bulls head would serve early drinkers from 8 am

IF this is true about only open for Wolves Fans on Sat I think this is scandalous to the regular customer....not everyone wants to walk into Burslem for a pre match drink!!!!

Advert

Smurf wanted jimmy to use tommy's for his away trips but they are not as accommodating as the bulls head, haven't got a licence till 10 am so any early trips such as Carlisle and Orient where early starts are required the bulls head would serve early drinkers from 8 am

IF this is true about only open for Wolves Fans on Sat I think this is scandalous to the regular customer....not everyone wants to walk into Burslem for a pre match drink!!!!

Makes perfect sense to me, for a couple of our biggest games of the season why not. I'm sure that people wouldn't miss Tommys that much! Keeps many of the Wolves fans out of town, gives them somewhere to drink right outside the away end.

Can't see what the problem is.

Charge them double price.

Even so this needs to be well publicised if this is what is happening.

its not great for the regulars however from a safety point of view it makes perfect sense - I think its a great idea

I dont drink there though

So let me get this straight.....I' m meeting some wolves friends of mine in tommy's on sat where I have drank every week before a game and if I try to go in they are going to refuse me entrance!!!

Good eh? Turn the home fans pub over to the opposition? I don't know if I'm correct in thinking this, but will we be able to go into the Valiant suite in Lorne street instead ? If yes, I think thats fair enough and at least we may have a better alternative, if no then it looks like we'll have to find elsewhere to go for our prematch pint. Tommys is hardly a nice place to go for a pint and it's a pig to get served. We've persevered over the years because I thought the revenue went to the club and because it's convenient. Chuck us out without a decent alternative? Wont be returning....

Since they have moved people into the new directors restaurant ...the valiant suite hasn't 't been very busy so if entrance to Tommy's is refused the least they could do is to let us into the valiant suite
Question for the meeting tomorrow.

Since they have moved people into the new directors restaurant ...the valiant suite hasn't 't been very busy so if entrance to Tommy's is refused the least they could do is to let us into the valiant suite

And here's the answer:

We were there early on Saturday, before the bar opened. Talking to the girl who runs it, she was saying The Club own it, however she said "The People upstairs, in the Club" we're being complete pains in the **** over licensing issues. Lodey has threatened to shut them down, if anybody is spotted drinking before time. She also mentioned they have been forced to close after the games for an hour because of Health and Safety people insisting on it. The impression she gave, was the Club, just weren't helpful and we're as communicative as a bar of chocolate.

An issue I raised to Smurf via twitter :D, as because of the licensing issue, the Club is now losing money, with Jimmy taking his Coach back the Bulls Head.

Agreed. We'll have to see what happens, but I'd appreciate some prior notice. Don't want to.be turning up ready for a pint only to be refused and then have a walk into Boslem. To be honest, I dont agree with turning Tommys over. The away fans can go into the ground and get a beer in the concourse, which is more than I can do in the Bycars....

Archived