onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tommy Cheadles

CAVALIER

I have binned Tommy's for a couple of reason's NO Draught Ale (We decided to put the pipes on soak last night) and NO Food (but the Cafe on the Hamil would happy with your Business)......This is what i was told last Saturday prior to departing for Oldham............I had 44 people in there awaiting my last pick-up. With respect Wendy who opened up is a very nice person BUT she was under orders. I decided to give Tommy's a trial at the request of Smurf, but i found the place very unaccommadating as i thought i was joining the Official Coaches and putting money into the Vale.......The Clubs Coaches never bothered and picked up at the bottom of the Car Park. So in future my Coach/s will depart from the Bulls Head....

Advert

Good idea this is. 4000 wolves fsns. If they all have 1 pint, that'll help the coffers surely.

And they'll probably have 5 people waiting on as well.. So you have to wait 30 mins and more to get served!! The club have always been hopeless at waiting on/selling food etc to fans... How can you run out of chocolate on game day, do they have a 1 day perishable date on?!?

We were there early on Saturday, before the bar opened. Talking to the girl who runs it, she was saying The Club own it, however she said "The People upstairs, in the Club" we're being complete pains in the **** over licensing issues. Lodey has threatened to shut them down, if anybody is spotted drinking before time. She also mentioned they have been forced to close after the games for an hour because of Health and Safety people insisting on it. The impression she gave, was the Club, just weren't helpful and we're as communicative as a bar of chocolate.

An issue I raised to Smurf via twitter :D, as because of the licensing issue, the Club is now losing money, with Jimmy taking his Coach back the Bulls Head.

Ah the wonderful Mr Lodey.He'd probably forget about the bar being open or forget to fill in the proper paper work.It really is time he left the club.

Ah the wonderful Mr Lodey.He'd probably forget about the bar being open or forget to fill in the proper paper work.It really is time he left the club.

In Lodeys defence he informed Tommy's in the presence of Smurf that the Club was licensed from 10am and NOT 11am as they thought......But as i said earlier i don't think the people who run the Tommy's were all that interested in early opening's.....

Wow.... so many negative posts about the possibility of the club earning extra money.... we are moving forward... we need the money.

If you read my post i gave Tommy's the chance to earn money and they could not be arsed......

no decision is gonna please everybody but it blows my mind that anybody could have particularly strong feelings about this. i do normally have a pint in TC's before any home matches i attend, but if i can't go in there on this occasion, oh well, i'll just go somewhere else. it's NOT a massive deal.

i dread to think how some people react to an actual problem

(i know most people have actually praised this decision, so my post obviously isn't aimed at you)

Archived