onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Club Shop & Sondico

Vital Spark

Advert

Good point, why not try it.

The only thing I'm disappointed in, is that although I appreciate it's a Club shop and caters for all things Vale, why can't it cater for other Sports like a normal Sports shop. I.e Trainers, Football Boots, Snooker Cues, Rugby Balls ect.

Fair do's if they can't because it's purely based on Vale stuff, but surely could be a bigger and better money earner if more Inventory and more stuff catered for.

Great shop and good range from Sondico.

My only issues are

1) No changing rooms in the shop

2) Website not updated/complete, stuff missing. Why not put the away kit up on pre-sale and make ****loads of money?

Yes, the lack of a changing room is strange in a custom built shop.

The cost of some of the gear is unbelievably high compared to what Sondico charge directly. Have a look on the Sondico Professional Store website and you'll be shocked how much markup Vale are putting on their merchandise, for example the public can buy the new Sondico raincoats for £24.99 (Vale undoubtedly get them much cheaper) but in the club shop the price is a staggering £40.

I think the new shop looks superb and has exceeded my expectations. Unfortunately the online shop is dreadful and even if they actually get to the stage where the stuff is available to buy, the interface is so un-user friendly. It must be the worst facility of its kind in the football league and will cost the club serious money from exiled fans. The original online club shop was down originally because of admin and us not able to process card payments initially. This club shop online appears to be down because there is nobody around who is prepared to design it properly. I could add things to baskets, but they were out of stock or some other error.

The new home shirt is a great bespoke design as is the away one, but some of the other stuff is clearly sportsdirect.com sondico tat that sells for £4.99. Those raincoats in question are in sportsdirect with no vale badge for £12.99. Sondico are a sportsdirect "brand" these days.

I live in the South-East for work, but I am visiting my folks this weekend to see the Bradford game. I had hoped to purchase via ticketmaster but instead I am looking at lining up at a ticket office at 2:30 rather than walking through a turnstile at 3:10 like only a season ago. The ticketmaster scenario is a farce, if they can't get it up and running we should take legal action against them as they will cost us further money. I don't blame the club, as it is not their service. We put faith in ticketmaster to deliver.

I think the new shop looks superb and has exceeded my expectations. Unfortunately the online shop is dreadful and even if they actually get to the stage where the stuff is available to buy, the interface is so un-user friendly. It must be the worst facility of its kind in the football league and will cost the club serious money from exiled fans. The original online club shop was down originally because of admin and us not able to process card payments initially. This club shop online appears to be down because there is nobody around who is prepared to design it properly. I could add things to baskets, but they were out of stock or some other error.

The new home shirt is a great bespoke design as is the away one, but some of the other stuff is clearly sportsdirect.com sondico tat that sells for £4.99. Those raincoats in question are in sportsdirect with no vale badge for £12.99. Sondico are a sportsdirect "brand" these days.

I live in the South-East for work, but I am visiting my folks this weekend to see the Bradford game. I had hoped to purchase via ticketmaster but instead I am looking at lining up at a ticket office at 2:30 rather than walking through a turnstile at 3:10 like only a season ago. The ticketmaster scenario is a farce, if they can't get it up and running we should take legal action against them as they will cost us further money. I don't blame the club, as it is not their service. We put faith in ticketmaster to deliver.

The Sondico range used by Vale isn't available in Sports Direct with or without a Vale badge.

when I went to get the new home top the manager of the shop did say he was shocked when he saw there were no changing rooms plus there isn't a stock room at the shop its elsewhere. I'm sure they could put up a small changing room up a corner somewhere. other than that I like the new club shop a lot more variety of merchandise love the new home and away kits and training kits. all the small technical problems and queueing on match days will get better the more the club and fans get used to it all

The only thing I'm disappointed in, is that although I appreciate it's a Club shop and caters for all things Vale, why can't it cater for other Sports like a normal Sports shop. I.e Trainers, Football Boots, Snooker Cues, Rugby Balls ect.

Fair do's if they can't because it's purely based on Vale stuff, but surely could be a bigger and better money earner if more Inventory and more stuff catered for.

It's never going to compete on price with Sports Direct & JD Sports though.

100% agree with BLV the place is huge and needs filling with all kinds of sports equipment to entice non Vale fans into the shop.

I have got to say though the merchandise is better there is a distinct lack of larger sized shirts and tops. I'm a big lad but looking around the ground there are many like myself who would buy or even order shirts if there was a wider(I get that ha ha) size choice on offer?

I must be honest and say that most of the Vale badges and other merchandise isn't as wide as most club shops either.

Over all better than before but could still be improved upon.

The club shop needs to be filled with stock i agreed. However the most concerning part is the club shop website.. It takes ages to load, hardly any stock and is generally very poor to use. Being in this industry myself i can't believe how bad it is.. This should be a cash cow for the vale instead i bet it generates next to nothing!

I'm surprised nobody has pulled you up on this so I'll do the honours.

You should've found the time to pop up to Vale Park during the summer or sometime this week to purchase your ticket in advance (even though you live 200 miles away). Joining two queues instead of one is progress, and you have no right to moan because it serves you right for your lack of planning. If you can overcome the obstacles put in your way, it proves that you're a proper fan. And so on.

Archived