onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is it time to off load ticket master?

melv

The Speakers in Lorne st stand are very bad, can't understand a word said the speakers are pointing forward instead of down.

What??!!?? Thread title: 'is it time to offload ticketmaster' NOT 'throw in a cheap shot and moan at every improvement Port Vale Football Club has tried to make in a VERY short time period and you personally are not delighted with' christ on a bicycle....

Advert

Bit of a knee jerk reaction Melv. Give it time to sort itself out

Its not a reaction its a question in relation to what Smurf said at the SC meeting.

You only have to look at the many posts by people who are not happy with there being no pay on the gate.Now IF the system was running properly and tickets could be downloaded and printed off then that would help ease the problem.Also if you care to look back through my posts you will see that i have been more for the idea than against the idea.

Lets hope the rain holds off tonight (as i think it will) or people that havnt yet got their ticket will think twice about having to queue up twice.

When/if SMURF decides to scrap TICKETMASTER that will be the time.ONE game gone and some want it scraping with out thought of how to replace it,in my eyes PORT VALE FOOTBALL CLUB are trying to move forward with a modern ticket system but some want to go back pay on gate,with thinking like this we will always be known as TINPOT PORT VALE just to satisfy a few who are stuck in a rut, I suppose protest will be on the agenda next .., SAD SAD SAD SAD ...

Grebo where have I said I want it scrapping it was a question.

Also no one any where has mentioned anything at all in any way shape or form about a protest(just you)

Not having a dig at protesters,just saying,what happens if TICKETMASTER is not scraped,and for your info,av never had a dig at protesters

What was your thinking into bringing protesters into this debate then?

Its not a reaction its a question in relation to what Smurf said at the SC meeting.

You only have to look at the many posts by people who are not happy with there being no pay on the gate.

please...theres about 10 people on here moaning repeatedly and a handful more who are openly debating with little real opinion either way..hardly a pandemic...lets be realistic 4600 (ST)+800 (AWAY)=5,400 Saturday were perfectly happy the remaining 2k (I was one of them left the pub early predicting issues and stood in a queue thinking its my own fault next time I will pre-buy a ticket (I didnt for tonight as TM is not working and will stand in a queue again thinking what an idiot-but hey this wont be a problem in a few weeks) as I do at the bank/supermarket/bus station/canteen at work etc etc every day of my life ....every consequencial game less and less people will turn up without a ticket and eventually this will all blow over. However if we drop ticketmaster then this will be a MASSIVE issue IMO as this will be my prefered method of payment as it is miles out of my way to get to VP I will have no choice but to queue every week...then this will be when problems and real moaning will start....

In SMURF (and Ticketmaster...i hope) we trust :-)

Is it time to off load ticket master.They appear to have failed with the option to download a match ticket.There is a distinct lack of news of when the system will be fully up and running.Smurf said at the last SC meeting something like if they don't get their act together they will be gone.They have failed,they failed to have the download option running for last Saturday.Nothing about being able to download tickets for tonight's game.We can't pay on the gate which will put people off.Meaning the club losing money.So is it time to off load ticket master?

Probably a bit early to do that, but even if up and running I don't think it's worth 8 grand a month. If results are good people will come, simple as that.

I doubt there will be an option to pull out... just yet. There may be a compensation clause in the contract if TM fail to deliver in a timely manner but there will probably be conditions regarding the activation of those clauses that will be open to interpretation.

I dont think its time to pull out just yet. I would prefer it to work, and work properly to alleviate some of the pressure on the ticket office.

My only concern is the not so faithful... the ones who havent planned which games they will attend, who they will attend with and what food and drink they will take because the catering is cack... the people who turn up on a whim... the people who may become the faithful if they like what they see... if they are taken care of all should be well

I think Ticket Master is a gamble...

A gamble that attendances will increase dramatically, we all hope they do, Im sure smurf hopes so too. Not overall attendances, away sides can get their allocation sent to them, but home support in particular.

If the vale section is as low as say 5,000 - 6,000 and 4,600 of those are ST holders do we need TM to supply the remainder? [400 - 1,400] Is it worth £2,000 per week to Vale for them to do it?

Its a bit like virgin territory for vale, although we have been here before, we dont know yet how we will fare in this league, this time.

Is it a gamble worth taking?... if smurf thinks so it must be... its his money.. and I dont gamble.

Archived