onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket admission only

old sage

Advert

I went to West Ham a few seasons back and used my mate's ST. Outside the ground I asked what the huge queue was for coming out of the shop.

It was the matchday ticket queue.

It seems to be a problem with perception and breaking a habit and doing something different. Originally I was going to travel earlier on Saturday, buy my ticket and then visit my folks for some lunch. It isn't irritating and is utterly reasonable. As is either phoning up the club, going on line or turning up early. If bigger queues/gates is a symptom of going further up the leagues then I don't see that as a problem. The Ticketmaster solution will streamline the ticket office and take the pressure off allowing walk-up fans to stroll up at 2.55 and expect to get entrance immediately.

I knew there would be teething troubles - there always is with this kind of stuff.

There are convenience limits, it has never been the case that lots can turn up just before kick-off. Most prefer a relaxed entry to the game, which from experience they can judge the time to arrive, also based on their perception of what the gate is likely to be. Alternatives like more turnstiles and terminals add to running costs if not matched by increased crowds. By September, teething troubles should be behind us, and we will have had Wolves to test our system.

So it looks like the on line booking option will not be up and running tonight.Which will not help the attendance.It really is time that some info came out from the club letting people know when it will be up and running.Either that or it's time to ditch ticket master.

So it looks like the on line booking option will not be up and running tonight.Which will not help the attendance.It really is time that some info came out from the club letting people know when it will be up and running.Either that or it's time to ditch ticket master.

Why don't you organise a protest against Smurf if you don't get your way :(

I can't understand for the life of me how you lot can carry on making excuses up and trying to justify a crap idea.

Open up a shop in Boslum, sell tickets in pubs, print you own tickets.

What a load of balls.

Whats up with proper tickets that you can get in everywhere else with...pictures of the Queens head on notes.

Its inconveniant(however you spell it) and surely just keeps increasing the overall costs to the club.

Rubbish idea all round

Some of you lot sound like because you've got a season ticket, you look down on people without them as lesser supporters and should therefore put up with anything some wand in an office comes up with.

The crowd v Burton an Northampton wouldn't have been anywhere near as many had this usless, off putting twoddle been already introduced

I can't understand for the life of me how you lot can carry on making excuses up and trying to justify a crap idea.

Open up a shop in Boslum, sell tickets in pubs, print you own tickets.

What a load of balls.

Whats up with proper tickets that you can get in everywhere else with...pictures of the Queens head on notes.

Its inconveniant(however you spell it) and surely just keeps increasing the overall costs to the club.

Rubbish idea all round

Some of you lot sound like because you've got a season ticket, you look down on people without them as lesser supporters and should therefore put up with anything some wand in an office comes up with.

The crowd v Burton an Northampton wouldn't have been anywhere near as many had this usless, off putting twoddle been already introduced

Virtually everybody bought tickets in advance for those games. What's your point??

My point is that for over 100 years you've been able to turn up,pay to get in and watch the match and its worked fine.

Now its turn up twice or miles earlier and enjoy 2 queues...for no good reason.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me 1 decent benefit.

Money makes the world go round, the logic of this makes my head spin round.

It should be made as easy as possible for people to attend Vale and this new system doesn't do that.

I like Norm and all he's done but he's wrong on this.

It will put people off

Archived