onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our Squad (as it stands) compared to others

j_grainger10

To be honest, I'm worried about next season as things stand at the moment. I still think we're 3-4 good players off being competitive. People won't like me saying this but it's my opinion.

The reason why is I keep seeing other teams in our league signing players I'd like us to sign.

Just seen that Bradford have signed Mark Yeates from Watford, this is a guy that played 30 times in the Championship last season and scored 4 goals. This is the type of pedigree I'd like to see at Vale.

Don't get me wrong, i'm happy with Mohammed, Robertson and Tomlin but i'd still like our midfield and defence bolstering.

You do realise it's the first week of July, don't you?

Advert

As it stands now I think we will struggle to stay up....we desperately need a couple of central midfielders who can hold and play the ball and a solid central defender. Get these 3 signings right and I honestly feel we could be a good outsider for the play offs.

As it stands now I think we will struggle to stay up....we desperately need a couple of central midfielders who can hold and play the ball and a solid central defender. Get these 3 signings right and I honestly feel we could be a good outsider for the play offs.

There is no way 3 players will take us from a team who will struggle to stay up to a team pushing for the playoffs..

You do realise it's the first week of July, don't you?

Fair point. However, other teams seem be doing lots of business now and our pre-season has started. Ideally i'd have liked us to have our squad ready so they can become "Micky Adams fit" during pre-season and integrate with the other players.

I was talking to a Wolves fan while on holiday and he is not confident of doing well at all.

He said he would be happy to stay up and consolidate to halt the slide they are on. He says teams will raise there game against them and he is worried.

He also says we are a team on the up and that we have the bonus of being promoted last season and the confidence we had from that should see us do well.

There is no way 3 players will take us from a team who will struggle to stay up to a team pushing for the playoffs..

I disagree to be honest. Central defence and midfield are key areas. 3 quality signings there and with our attacking abiity, I'd be quietly confident.

I disagree to be honest. Central defence and midfield are key areas. 3 quality signings there and with our attacking abiity, I'd be quietly confident.

Agreed, the key though is indeed the word QUALITY and that costs money.

Personally i'm not so bothered about statements of intent but a quality quick centre half, a quality central midfield ballplayer and a quality holding central midfielder would stengthen the spine of our team imeasurably.

Ideally two or all three of such signings need to be strong talkers as since the loss of Purse we once again don't seem to have people in that ilk.

So we are better than probably the worst team in the league....

We should be comparing to crewe really a pretty solid league one side who could challenge, if we are looking as good as them on paper fingers crossed we will have a good season.

Interesting that i get shot down for "birchall bashing" yet every vale fan on here is saying we need two new centre mids, which basically means they agree with me that birchall isnt good enough.

So we are better

than probably the worst team in the league....

We should be comparing to crewe really a pretty solid league one side who could challenge, if we are looking as good as them on paper fingers crossed we will have a good season.

Interesting that i get shot down for "birchall bashing" yet every vale fan on here is saying we need two new centre mids, which basically means they agree with me that birchall isnt good enough.

My condolences ;)

Interesting that you think Birchall ONLY can play cm. He's versatile and he'll be fitter than last year. I personally don't think we have a more accurate passer of the ball either bar maybe Shuker, who won't be more than a rotation player with his age.

2013/2014 nPower League One Summer Transfers so far........

Bradford City

Manager: Phil Parkinson

Ins: Jason Kennedy (Rochdale, free), Mark Yeates (Watford, free)

Outs: Matt Duke (Northampton Town, free), Will Atkinson (Southend United, free), Dean Overson, Adam Baker, Steve Williams, Zavon Hines (all released)

Brentford

Manager: Uwe Rosler

Ins: Jack Bonham (Watford, free), Jake Bidwell (Everton, undisclosed), Alan McCormack (Swindon Town, free), George Saville (Chelsea, loan), Will Grigg (Walsall, undisclosed)

Outs: Antonio German (Gillingham, undisclosed), Harry Forrester (Doncaster Rovers, undisclosed)

Bristol City

Manager: Sean O'Driscoll

Ins: Jordan Wynter (Arsenal, free), Aden Flint (Swindon Town, 300k), Derrick Williams (Aston Villa, free), Frank Fielding (Derby County, undisclosed)

Outs: Tom Heaton (Burnley, Free), Cole Skuse (Ipswich Town, Free), Jon Stead (Huddersfield Town, free), Richard Foster (Rangers, free), Lewis Nyatanga, Matthew Bates, Brian Howard, Dean Gerken, Mark Wilson, Lewis Carey (all released)

Carlisle United

Manager: Gregg Abbott

Ins: David Amoo (Tranmere Rovers, free), Josh Gillies (Gateshead, undisclosed)

Outs: Adam Collin (Rotherham United, free), Andy Welsh (Scunthorpe United, free), Mathieu Manset, Peter Murphy, Frank Simek, Rory Loy, John-Paul McGovern (all released)

Colchester United

Manager: Joe Dunne

Ins: Craig Eastmond (Arsenal, free), Mason Spence (Mk Dons, free), Sanchez Watt (Arsenal, free)

Outs: Jack Compton (Hartlepool United, free), John White (Southend United, free), Matt Heath, Jackson Ramm (all released)

Coventry City

Manager: Steven Pressley

Ins:

Outs: Nathan Cameron (Bury, free), Richard Wood, Jordan Stewart, Danny Philliskirk, Stephen Elliott (all released)

Crawley Town

Manager: Richie Barker

Ins: Andy Drury (Ipswich Town, free), James Hurst (Valur, free)

Outs: Richard Brodie (Gateshead, free), David Hunt (Oxford United, free), Matt Sparrow (Scunthorpe United, free), Mustapha Dumbuya (Notts County, free), Shaun Cooper, Lateef Elford-Aliyu (all released)

Crewe Alexandra

Manager: Steve Davis

Ins: Vadaine Oliver (Lincoln City, undisclosed), Thierry Audel (Macclesfield Town, free), Lee Molyneux (Accrington Stanley, free)

Outs: Joe Gorman (Inverness CT, free), Luke Murphy (Leeds United, undisclosed), Andy White, Harry Clayton, Brendon Daniels, Paris Bateman, Brandon Moores, Liam Wilson, Toby Appleton (all released)

Gillingham

Manager: Martin Allen

Ins: Amine Linganzi (Accrington Stanley, free), Antonio German (Brentford, undisclosed), Adebayo Akinfenwa (Northampton Town, free)

Outs: Jack Evans (Tamworth, free), Andy Frampton (AFC Wimbledon, free), Lewis Montrose (York City, free), Jack Payne (Peterborough United, undisclosed)

Leyton Orient

Manager: Russell Slade

Ins: Jake Larkins (West Ham United, free), Shaun Batt (Millwall, free)

Outs: Jimmy Smith (Stevenage, free), Michael Symes (Burton Albion, free), Lee Cook, Charlie MacDonald, Leon McSweeney, Martin Rowlands, Lee Butcher (all released)

MK Dons

Manager: Karl Robinson

Ins: Patrick Bamford (Chelsea, loan)

Outs: Mason Spence (Colchester United, free), Ryan Lowe (Tranmere Rovers, free), Gary MacKenzie (Blackpool, undisclosed), Mathias Doumbe, Charlie Burns (All Released)

Notts County

Manager: Chris Kiwomya

Ins: Malcolm Melvin (Aston Villa, free), Andy Haworth (Rochdale, free), Mustapha Dumbuya (Crawley Town, free)

Outs: Jeff Hughes (Fleetwood Town, free), Alan Judge (Blackburn Rovers, free), Neal Bishop, Julian Kelly, Hamza Bencherif, Liam Mitchell, Jake Wholey (all released)

Oldham Athletic

Manager: Lee Johnson

Ins: Jonson Clarke-Harris (Peterborough United, undisclosed), James Dayton (Kilmarnock, free), Sidney Schmeltz (SC Veendam, free), Korey Smith (Norwich City, free), Mark Oxley (Hull City, loan)

Outs: Connor Hughes (Hyde, free), Matt Smith (Leeds United, free), Alex Cisak (Burnley, free), Robbie Simpson, Dean Bouzanis, Liam Jacob, Daniel Taylor (all released)

Peterborough United

Manager: Darren Ferguson

Ins: Jack Payne (Gillingham, undisclosed)

Outs: Jonson Clarke-Harris (Oldham Athletic, undisclosed), George Boyd (Hull City, free), Dwight Gayle (Crystal Palace, undisclosed)

Port Vale

Manager: Micky Adams

Ins: Kaid Mohammed (Cheltenham Town, free), Chris Robertson (Preston North End, free), Gavin Tomlin (Southend United, free)

Outs: John McCombe (Mansfield Town, free), Sam Morsy (Chesterfield, undisclosed), Darren Purse, Kingsley James, Calvin Andrew, Clayton McDonald (all released)

Preston North End

Manager: Simon Grayson

Ins: Tom Clarke (Huddersfield Town, free), Chris Humphrey (Motherwell, free), Declan Rudd (Norwich City, loan)

Outs: Chris Robertson (Port Vale, free), Andy Proctor (Bury, free), Luke Foster (Released)

Rotherham United

Manager: Steve Evans

Ins: Joe Skarz (Bury, free), Richard Brindley (Chesterfield, free), Adam Collin (Carlisle United, free), Danny Hylton (Aldershot Town, free), David Worrall (Bury, undisclosed), Robert Milsom (Aberdeen, free), Michael Tidser (Greenock Morton, undisclosed)

Outs: Nicky Hunt (Accrington Stanley, free), Ian Sharps (Burton Albion, free), Dale Tonge (Torquay United, free), Andy Warrington, Alec Denton (all released)

Sheffield United

Manager: David Weir

Ins: Jasper Johns (Everton, free), Sean McGinty (Manchester United, free), Stephen McGinn (Watford, free), Febian Brandy (Walsall, free)

Outs: Barry Robson (Aberdeen, free), Dave Kitson (Oxford United, free), Matt Harriott, Lescinel Jean-Francois, Danny Coyne (all released)

Shrewsbury Town

Manager: Graham Turner

Ins: Alex McQuade (Bolton Wanderers, free), Dave Winfield (Wycombe Wanderers, free), Tamika Mkandawire (Millwall, free)

Outs: Marvin Morgan (Plymouth Argyle, free), Rob Purdie (Hereford United, free), Asa Hall (Oxford United, loan), Matt Richards (Cheltenham Town, free), Mark Wright, Ryan Doble (all released)

Stevenage

Manager: Graham Westley

Ins: Luke Jones (Mansfield Town, free), Oumare Tounkara (Bristol Rovers, free), Simon Heslop (Oxford United, free), Sam Wedgbury (Macclesfield Town, free), Jordan Burrow (Morecambe, free), Jimmy Smith (Leyton Orient, free)

Outs: Patrick Agyemang (Portsmouth, free), Michael Thalassitis (Ebbsfleet United, loan), Mark Roberts (Fleetwood Town, free), Andy Iro, Miguel Com*****s, Bondz N'Gala (all released)

Swindon Town

Manager: Kevin MacDonald

Ins: Jack Barthram (Tottenham Hotspur, free), Alex Smith (Fulham, free), Grant Hall (Tottenham Hotspur, loan), Massimo Luongo (Tottenham Hotspur, loan), Tijane Reis (unattached)

Outs: Joe Devera (Portsmouth, free), Aden Flint (Bristol City, 300k), Gary Roberts (Chesterfield, free), Alan McCormack (Brentford, free), Chris Smith, Simon Ferry, Raffaele De Vita, Tommy Miller (all released)

Tranmere Rovers

Manager: Ronnie Moore

Ins: Stephen Foster (Barnsley, free), Evan Horwood (Hartlepool United, free), Ryan Lowe (Mk Dons, free)

Outs: Paul Black (Mansfield Town, free), Danny Harrison (Chester, free), David Amoo (Carlisle United, free), Adam McGurk, Michael Kay (all released)

Walsall

Manager: Dean Smith

Ins:

Outs: Jake Jones (Tamworth, free), Febian Brandy (Sheffield United, free), Will Grigg (Brentford, undisclosed), Jamie Paterson (Nottingham Forest, undisclosed), George Bowerman, Richard Taundry, Aaron Williams, Connor Taylor (all released)

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Manager: Kenny Jackett

Ins: Sam Ricketts (Bolton Wanderers, free)

Outs: Adam Hammill (Huddersfield Town, undisclosed), Dorus De Vries (Nottingham Forest, free), Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Stephen Hunt, Christophe Berra, Johnny Gorman, Sam Winnall (all released), Jody Craddock (retired)

Please just shhhhhhhhh

Archived