onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Egm

Lady_Vale

Advert

If the Board pad out the agenda so that the important stuff is way down and likely not to be discussed, can somone not call a point of order and propose a motion that a particular item is brought to the top of the agenda.

Another thought: a small venue may be chosen deliberately to ensure that the anti-board voters who may only have a few shares each can't all get in. If 900 people try to attend and the fire safety limit is only 300, then 600 people won't be able to get in and I suspect they would not be able to vote, so it may well be important to get all the votes available distributed as proxy votes among 100 or so people, and ensure that those people get into the meeting. If you can't vote, then don't take the place of someone who can!

There are venues within two miles that can host 650 for a relatively small fee. The board seem intent on carrying on the animosity towards fans and shareholders if rumours are to be believed by calling it on a half term and in the working day which prevents many attending. Whilst the proxies can still be used, they need to face the shareholders en-mass and be answerable to their actions and also to see the sheer numbers who are unhappy.

We know they will not do the right thing as they don't believe in integrity, if you're so confident on your actions and the numbers supporting you then do the right thing, call an EGM at the end of May in a venue that will cope with the numbers and let's start planning for next season. By leaving it until the last possible moment they are jeopardising any potential managers, players and contracts that need to be sorted as soon as the season closes.

We know they will not do the right thing as they don't believe in integrity,

That's exactly my point - shareholders need to plan ahead for the possibility that the venue may not be big enough, or they may not be able to attend, and get their votes moved to proxies to ensure they are used to maximum effect. The last thing we need is for people to be locked out or for someone to have to leave the meeting before it gets to a vote, because they have to pick up the kids from a child minder.

He's right, you need a register of people that can attend even in worst possible scenarios and then get those that can't to pass them their proxies as soon as the venue is announced.

You all know what the board is like, plan for the worst they can do.

From my prior knowledge of company law - which is nearly 30 years old and may now be out of date - a private limited company has to have at least two directors.

You are right,its out of date. Only one is needed unles the articles state otherwise. The last Companies Act made a lot of other changes, so you would be best slinging your book.

This lot,they don't do things quickly do they?

Doesn't leave much time for any new investors to prepare for the new season.

This selfish shower don't seem to give two hoots about the future of our football club.

Its takes 3-4 months to sell a football club, just bare with him!!

I'll be there and guess what, I'll be voting with the board. Reason, tried to contact LB and Choudry many times, no reply. Contacted the board and they were very willing to speak.

Chris, so Bratt replied with one of his nice little chats and fed your head full of his ***** and that's it for you? What more do you want to know about Mo's bid that hasn't already been aired? Mo's window of opportunity document or the boards blueprint for the future? If you seriously have questions, PM them to me and I will ask Mo for you and report back.

You will vote for the board because you haven't received a phone call from another party, did you ring Gordon Brown and David cameron before the election and then vote for the one who rang you back? And here was me thinking you were a bright lad! :rolleyes:

Not forgetting that since the AGM, those calling the EGM can now count on the votes of Mike Thomstone, Paul Humphries and Broxap.

That is another decent sized chunk.

I'm not sure why the B&G lot are so pessimistic. I think they'll do quite well here.

Because the board only require approx 10% of shareholders to vote with them in order to achieve 50%+1

That's exactly my point - shareholders need to plan ahead for the possibility that the venue may not be big enough, or they may not be able to attend, and get their votes moved to proxies to ensure they are used to maximum effect. The last thing we need is for people to be locked out or for someone to have to leave the meeting before it gets to a vote, because they have to pick up the kids from a child minder.

Good point LV.

When the General Meeting is called we will be contacting all the shareholders asking for their proxy vote. We will ask EVERYONE to return this proxy regardless of whether they think they can turn up. if they turn up that is fine they can vote for themselves.

There are at least two big advantages to this:

1. If people turn up and cannot get in, then we already have the proxy in the bag.

2. If it comes to a poll vote we can use that proxy to vote for everyone in one go, we will have all the names ready and so it will speed up any poll vote, no long queue of people waiting to vote, eating up time.

We will try to cover all eventualities.

Thanks for that. So is the first vote at the EGM going to be to scrap the 24.9% rule? This would open the door for Mo's original bid to be legally accepted but will there be a vote on that at the EGM? Or will we have to wait and force the board's hand with it?

If the above is unsuccessful, will a vote then go on removing each Director? Or will this be done anyway?

The board will set the agenda.

However, they are legally obliged to vote on each director as it was part of the share requisition. Thus it will happen.

Chris, so Bratt replied with one of his nice little chats and fed your head full of his ***** and that's it for you? What more do you want to know about Mo's bid that hasn't already been aired? Mo's window of opportunity document or the boards blueprint for the future? If you seriously have questions, PM them to me and I will ask Mo for you and report back.

You will vote for the board because you haven't received a phone call from another party, did you ring Gordon Brown and David cameron before the election and then vote for the one who rang you back? And here was me thinking you were a bright lad! :rolleyes:

Everyone likes to feel loved. No it wasn't Bratt. I have my concerns about Mo Chaudry's plan, not about him himself, and it's not that he's going to build houses on the ground. Like you said, the Sims thing was also botched a bit. But, the board have failed to convice me either that they have a plan, or why Mo Chaudry fails due dilligence. Surprise surprise I guess you'd say. So, in the absence of anything dramatic between now and then, like the board finding the money for Messi and Morinho as manager or releasing a good reason why Chaudry failed due dilligence, such as hiding Bin Laden, not the tittle tattle we've had so far, I'll be against the board. On the grounds that Chaudry is the only show in town basically. Plus I was in a bad mood having tripped over (as opposed to kicking) the cat and breaking my leg.

Sorry if this has been asked before......as I understand it the GM has to be called by Friday?

So I suppose the way Bratt disrespects everyone he will ignore that deadline and then on Monday we tell him when and where it takes place..is that correct ? ===

Because the board only require approx 10% of shareholders to vote with them in order to achieve 50%+1

I have accepted this 40% director share in the past, but I do not think it is so high. The directors hold 65150 shares, non-director 117648, total 182798. Making % of 35% and 65%. To get 50% +1, the directors need 15% votes from the 182798 total, which is 27420 shares or 23% of non-director shares. So 75% of non-director shares will win the day, if RW does not vote. Please check my sums. Then get the votes out.

Sorry if this has been asked before......as I understand it the GM has to be called by Friday?

So I suppose the way Bratt disrespects everyone he will ignore that deadline and then on Monday we tell him when and where it takes place..is that correct ? ===

Hopefully the thought of not being able to run the General Meeting themselves or pick the time and venue will concentrate their collective minds to call it.

I would fully expect to hear by Friday.

Archived