onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Egm

Lady_Vale

They are bound to try every trick in the book and you can gurantee the EGM will be held at some crazy time. Whats to bet Bratt will say. We have been reliably informed that Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda have been funding this movement against Valiant 2001 and in 'our' best interests we will hold the Egm at this, what some would say is an unsociable time, but some would say that wouldnt they.We could call it in the evening but that would rule out the shareholders who work at night.

Advert

Just to re-iterate I'd like to volunteer to be someone's proxy.

Reason being I'm self employed and can guarantee my attendance if required.

I'm also offering the use of me and my car to give lifts to anybody who may find making the meeting difficult.

I will do likewise as my situation is the same.

10.30 am 1/6/11, how very convenient Mr Bratt

The arrangement of the EGM shows Bratt and co in their true colours.

They purport to want to know what the shareholders think - in fact they purport to represent them - and yet they arrange a meeting to minimise the number who can make the meeting.

They have also delayed the meeting to the last possible day, which could affect the appointment of a manager and reduce the time he has available to assess and sign players. It could also make it more likely that players like Owen are forced to make their decision to leave the club before the meeting.

It strikes me that they are willing to undermine the club's situation merely for self preservation. If the internet was unrepresentative of the club's fans and a majority wanted the board to stay, why would they not arrange a meeting at a time when all shareholders could attend?

I have my concerns over Chaudry, but I now think there is no alternative other than to get rid of the current board and let him take over the club.

dont know if this has been mentioned but to get a fair result it should be one shareholder one vote or the board should abatain fron voting on mo bid so they get a true reflection of feeling amongst shareholders === ===

I think you'll find it's one share, one vote, so that those with a bigger financial investment get a bigger say. Do you think MC would buy 51% of the shares if it only gave him one vote?

The arrangement of the EGM shows Bratt and co in their true colours.

They purport to want to know what the shareholders think - in fact they purport to represent them - and yet they arrange a meeting to minimise the number who can make the meeting.

They have also delayed the meeting to the last possible day, which could affect the appointment of a manager and reduce the time he has available to assess and sign players. It could also make it more likely that players like Owen are forced to make their decision to leave the club before the meeting.

It strikes me that they are willing to undermine the club's situation merely for self preservation. If the internet was unrepresentative of the club's fans and a majority wanted the board to stay, why would they not arrange a meeting at a time when all shareholders could attend?

I have my concerns over Chaudry, but I now think there is no alternative other than to get rid of the current board and let him take over the club.

i agree ...................

Good that it is arranged in the morning - that means it can conceivably last all day. much better than 7,30pm, with people drifting away to catch "last orders"

Or finish early enough so that the outcome - which is likely to be ****** either way - can hit the Sentinel.

EDIT: I knew the swear filter would catch me out. For the record, the offending word rhymes with 'woody' and isn't a swear word in this context.

Good that it is arranged in the morning - that means it can conceivably last all day. much better than 7,30pm, with people drifting away to catch "last orders"

I can't see it lasting that long, especially as the boards vote will be a block one and hopefully NLVs vote will be a block one and will mean the people in the room won't need to vote as things will be passed through.

fair point, and the Board have put no other items on the agenda, either, which is what I had expected them to do.

Is there a room at Vale Park that could conceivably hold 980 shareholders, or is it going to be held on the terraces?

What sort of meeting will it be? Just a polling station? I assume the next EGM will be penciled in, and interim management arrangements/duties already arranged. Probably only Lodey will turn up to witness the spectacle.

Archived