onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup final day...............

blackdog

Advert

Brilliant............Doesnt seem that long ago we were playing Wigan in the FA Cup at Springfield Park and ending up beating them at Old Trafford,who would have thought they would come so far, I really hope they stay up.

The first replay for that FA Cup tie in November 1969 was the first time I saw Vale in the cup. I was walking up from Longport station with my brother after catching the train from Macc when a coach with Wigan fans stopped and asked us the way to Vale Park. We got on board and showed them the way and got a lift at the same time.

Wonder if any of those on that coach nearly 44 years ago were at Wembley today? They must be in dreamland.

Very pleased for Wigan and can there be a more decent, intelligent and well-liked manager than Martinez?

How good was that? Well done Wigan, a result AND performance that is a beacon for all us smaller clubs. Blackpool made the Prem, Wigan have won the cup, there IS hope even in the modern era of mega-bucks big clubs. If they can do it we can dare to dream - just hope I can live long enough to see us achieve something major!

Who would have thought that to day was the final of the finest football cup competition in the world.

The competition has been prostituted by the premier league and ruined, what was a fantastic day for all supporters has turned out into just another game.

The FA have been told by the sponsors to have it at this time to make more money because more people, supposedly will watch it.

I listened to it on 5live. I was in, and could've watched it. But didn't. They are doing their very best to kill the best cup competition in the world.

We shouldn't be surprised though, the FA are a spineless bunch who do what they are told.

And well done wigan!

The FA have been told by the sponsors to have it at this time to make more money because more people, supposedly will watch it.

I listened to it on 5live. I was in, and could've watched it. But didn't. They are doing their very best to kill the best cup competition in the world.

We shouldn't be surprised though, the FA are a spineless bunch who do what they are told.

And well done wigan!

Apparently its going back to the traditional last game of the season,the whole prematch build up was pathetic, the anthems were ruined the FA should be ashamed of what they have done to the competition

I love the FA Cup, for whatever reason it's the biggest sporting leveller going as we have experienced ourselves from Chasetown and Enfield to Tottenham and Everton, well done Wigan, I remember them being an non-league club!!

I love the FA Cup, for whatever reason it's the biggest sporting leveller going as we have experienced ourselves from Chasetown and Enfield to Tottenham and Everton, well done Wigan, I remember them being an non-league club!!

They were Northern Premier League winners in 1978 Tosh !

Just over 10 years ago,on Boxing Day 2002 to be precise,I helped to sponsor the game against Wigan at Vale Park.They won the game 1-0 and went on to win League 2 with 100 points with Crewe in 2nd place.

So pleased for Dave Whelan and Roberto Martinez who both deserve their success.

Archived