onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale in league 1: player requirements?

ValeMadrid87

THIS IS NOW GOING TO BE THE PROBLEM- SENTIMENTALITY!!

if you want top 10 league 1 positioning then you have to let go of some of the players who got us up. if not what was the point in going up? the players who got us up wont be forgotten, but we need to progress on the field not show sentiment to players we know arent quite good enough

Sadly that is how football works. Its not easy to tell some of the players that have won promotion that they are no longer wanted.

However its a lot easier for them to get another club than cast offs from Accrington or Aldershot.

They should all be given a rousing thank you next weekend and at the player of the year.

Of course contracts will come into it and some of those going may be better than some of those staying.

Advert

I like the lad Brown at Fleetwood, Nahki Wells at Bradford etc but, I really hope I'm thinking small fry! I am so excited at the thought of some of the players we're going to bring in- hopefully some real surprises

This is the time when fans think we have a divine right to walk up and take other clubs players. I find it amusing .

Other clubs will fight tooth and nail to keep their best players look what Chesterfield had to fork out to get Richards from a club in admin!

Be thankful we have proper businessmen in charge who will ensure that their cash is well spent.

This is the time when fans think we have a divine right to walk up and take other clubs players. I find it amusing .

Other clubs will fight tooth and nail to keep their best players look what Chesterfield had to fork out to get Richards from a club in admin!

Be thankful we have proper businessmen in charge who will ensure that their cash is well spent.

Business men who have stated they are prepared to pay for Mickys' targets and want to push for promotion next year. I fail to see what is in the slightest bit amusing about it

Business men who have stated they are prepared to pay for Mickys' targets and want to push for promotion next year. I fail to see what is in the slightest bit amusing about it

Do you really think Bradford will let Wells go at a price we can afford , or what we are reallistically willing to pay.

I would like to see some experience brought into midfield , preferably from higher up.

Do you really think Bradford will let Wells go at a price we can afford , or what we are reallistically willing to pay.

I would like to see some experience brought into midfield , preferably from higher up.

I don't know what we are able to afford/ willing to pay! That's sort of the point of threads like this isn't it!?!

How can you suggest that players who have had a great second half of the season such as Yates, wont be good enough in league 1. You have no information to support that argument. Im basing it on this seasons performances and Yates has been consistent throughout and deserves a contract, if he struggles we always have duffy there to slot in.

ok so you are telling me both yates and duffy would get into sheff utd, tranmere, swindon, mk dons or coventrys squad? because thats who we are going to have to compete with?

Wouldnt mind see any of the 3 below providing competition for our midfield and bonus is their contracts are up end of the season.

Jacques Maghoma (Burton)

Darren Carter (Exeter)

Romauld Boco (Accrington)

I wouldn't mind Maghoma but i think he will end up in the Championship somewhere.

ok so you are telling me both yates and duffy would get into sheff utd, tranmere, swindon, mk dons or coventrys squad? because thats who we are going to have to compete with?

Are you trying to say that every player for the above teams would walk into our squad? The Sheff Utd who we very nearly beat at their place, the tranmere we hammered?

Are you serious? Are you actually serious?

Fantastic keeper, best we've had in years. Wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the bottom two divisions.

I know this is a place for opinions, but surely you can see that Neal has been our most consistent player this year?

I couldn't disagree any more. His form since January has been ****.

I just want to be the first to have said it, because unless he rediscovers his form we will get caught out in league one.

Shrewbury hardly moved the earth to keep him, and they've struggled all season.

there's no way he's been our most consistant player.

You heard it here first.

I couldn't disagree any more. His form since January has been ****.

I just want to be the first to have said it, because unless he rediscovers his form we will get caught out in league one.

Shrewbury hardly moved the earth to keep him, and they've struggled all season.

there's no way he's been our most consistant player.

You heard it here first.

Disagree 100% he has been consistent all season. One or two dodgy games that's all. Excellent keeper.

I don't know havnt seen them play other than against us. They were certainly nothing special. Why shouldn't be trust Yates he's been great all season. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Lets concentrate on more important positions.

Archived