onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale in league 1: player requirements?

ValeMadrid87

I don't know havnt seen them play other than against us. They were certainly nothing special. Why shouldn't be trust Yates he's been great all season. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Lets concentrate on more important positions.

Exactly my thinking. Mattholl seems to think we need a new XI for next year. Yates has been one of our better performers of the year so deserves his chance in league 1. Same with a few other players. I think we need to be looking at a higher class of CB and CM personally.

Advert

Personally i think we will be looking at Championship players who are struggling at their clubs.

In the january window we got a couple of league 1 players who were struggling in Jones and Hughes. Cracking signings. Now we are up we will be looking at higher class, fully established players i believe.

I will throw one in the mixer though. Strikers.... We have Pope, Hughes and Williamson. I think we need just one more. I wouldnt be surprised if that 1 more was a certain Marc Richards.

Disagree 100% he has been consistent all season. One or two dodgy games that's all. Excellent keeper.

This is the knock on from Anyon, or Goodlad if you go back further.

We had it with Martin, we had it with Tomlinson, both times there were people on here that honestly thought they were the best keepers in the league, when in truth they were average at best. I fear that Neal is the same, yes he was outstanding early on, but go back and look at the Cheltenham game, Chesterfield, Rochdale. There's three games recently that he has been at fault for goals.

McCombes error v Cheltenham - Not many people realise that the striker rolled the ball at neal who instead of just holding on he pushed it out to their striker.

Chilvers OG v rochdale - Yes they always say don't pass it back between the posts, but watch the goal again and tell me what the **** Neal is doing. He doesn't have to go for the ball.

Chesterfield - Again he failed to deal with a shot and the ball falls to Rico who puts it in completely unchallenged from a ridiculous angle. Should have done better both times for me.

And look back at any of the last 6-7 games, his kicking has been woeful.

He needs genuine competition for his place in my opinion.

Personally i think we will be looking at Championship players who are struggling at their clubs.

In the january window we got a couple of league 1 players who were struggling in Jones and Hughes. Cracking signings. Now we are up we will be looking at higher class, fully established players i believe.

I will throw one in the mixer though. Strikers.... We have Pope, Hughes and Williamson. I think we need just one more. I wouldnt be surprised if that 1 more was a certain Marc Richards.

A fit Liam Dickenson:unsure:

Regarding Chilvers OG. Liam has come out and taken all the blame. Live on RS after the game. He said Chris shouted and he heard and should have got out of the way.

Regarding Ricos goal. I was right behind it. Whilst it looked like he could have done better i dont think he saw it until late. He gets the benefit of the doubt there.

Hes been superb for me. A great signing who will get better. I really think its a pointless debate in saying he isnt good enough but he quite clearly is.

We had it with Martin, we had it with Tomlinson, both times there were people on here that honestly thought they were the best keepers in the league, when in truth they were average at best. I fear that Neal is the same, yes he was outstanding early on, but go back and look at the Cheltenham game, Chesterfield, Rochdale. There's three games recently that he has been at fault for goals.

McCombes error v Cheltenham - Not many people realise that the striker rolled the ball at neal who instead of just holding on he pushed it out to their striker.

Chilvers OG v rochdale - Yes they always say don't pass it back between the posts, but watch the goal again and tell me what the **** Neal is doing. He doesn't have to go for the ball.

Chesterfield - Again he failed to deal with a shot and the ball falls to Rico who puts it in completely unchallenged from a ridiculous angle. Should have done better both times for me.

I give up. You are in the minority on here (just you think he needs replacing) so hopefully this is a reflection on the Vale fanbase on the whole.:banghead:

On your reasons, Pope should be replaced. Had a bad 11 game spell, his lack of goals cost us in that time.

NEAL FOR ENGLAND

release Purse, McCombe, Chilvers, Shuker, McDonald, Griffith, Andrew (would say Taylor but think he's under contract)

keep Jones, Williamson, Birchall, Neal, Myrie-Williams, Davis (I think Loft, Pope, Duffy, Hughes are under contract)

as for Vincent, Dodds, Yates, Morsy, James, Lloyd, Johnson I wouldn't be fussed either way. Think it will depend on budget and what players he can bring in.

Really need centre backs and another centre midfielder. Griff isn't the answer, a solid League Two player but no better

Would love to keep the younger players (Morsy, James, Johnson, Lloyd) and I would believe for the first time in years we would be in a financial position to hold on to them rather than freeing off the wages, but we'll have to see what Budget Adams gets

O

Sorry I completely disagree. You're really clutching at straws with this argument. I think the one position we don't need is a goalkeeper.

O

Sorry I completely disagree. You're really clutching at straws with this argument. I think the one position we don't need is a goalkeeper.

Well if detailing clear examples which back up my point is clutching at straws then yeah, I'm guilty.

I would prefer it if we didn't need a goalkeeper, but I think we do. I hope I am wrong, but there's some class strikers in league one, and they'll be more deadly than their league two counterparts.

Might be aiming too high but what is Matty Fryatt doing these days?

He's had a really unlucky season at Hull, having a Achilles injury that has kept him out until recently.

With Hull looking to go up, he'll probably leave in the summer, but most likely to a Championship club.

He is the type of striker we need to be looking at though. If Williamson was a better finisher then we would have it.

Could that be Troy Brown,quite an highly rated defender?

I think Dean Cox(Leyton Orient) could add something and has experience at league one level,also think Adams will know him.Maybe Nicky Adams at Crawley could be worth a pop and both are good ages 25 and 26.

I thought Aldershot's 23 - Sonny Bradley had a good game at VP, on loan from Hull, no reason why we couldn't get him next season if Hull go up and Shots go down?

Archived