onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale in league 1: player requirements?

ValeMadrid87

ok so you are telling me both yates and duffy would get into sheff utd, tranmere, swindon, mk dons or coventrys squad? because thats who we are going to have to compete with?

To be fair matt, at the start of the season you probably wouldn't have put a single Yeovil player in any of those sides you've just mentioned, and look at them!...

It's about getting the right balance and having luck. If we spend well and get some good quality players in then I'm very confident we can finish above mi table. These owners are serious and want to see us up in the mix.

Over to you Micky!!

Advert

release Purse, McCombe, Chilvers, Shuker, McDonald, Griffith, Andrew (would say Taylor but think he's under contract)

keep Jones, Williamson, Birchall, Neal, Myrie-Williams, Davis (I think Loft, Pope, Duffy, Hughes are under contract)

as for Vincent, Dodds, Yates, Morsy, James, Lloyd, Johnson I wouldn't be fussed either way. Think it will depend on budget and what players he can bring in.

Really need centre backs and another centre midfielder. Griff isn't the answer, a solid League Two player but no better

Would love to keep the younger players (Morsy, James, Johnson, Lloyd) and I would believe for the first time in years we would be in a financial position to hold on to them rather than freeing off the wages, but we'll have to see what Budget Adams gets

McCombe and shuker are under contract too

I'm in between the arguments here. On the one hand we should show loyalty to some of the players that got us here, but on the other hand we're getting promoted with one of the smallest points totals of recent years. Yates has been excellent in the past few months but does he have good enough distribution to play in the league above? I'm not so sure. Will the likes of chilvers, again much improved, be quick enough to cope in league 1, again I'm not so sure. Mccombe, Taylor, purse, shuker all not quite up to it anymore. Griffiths will never be the midfield general we need, can we afford to just have him in as a stopper in the league above? I'm not convinced. First team at the moment would only include for me neal, Jones, jmw and pope (maybe Hughes). Dodds is an interesting one because I think he might thrive playing against better players and not the league two bullies.

To really move forward we need three defenders, three or four midfielders and possibly a striker. Otherwise I just can't see us being good enough to challenge next year.going to be a busy summer!

MARLON PACK of Cheltenham Town i tweeted him recently to ask him if he fancies playing for the vale and he replied saying he cant say, but to me that's a yes because he wouldn't of replied otherwise would also love see Nakhi Wells at the park

I we signed them too I would be ecstatic. A centre half in addition and then I would be confident of success next season.

Aden Flint looks decent at swindon

release Purse, McCombe, Chilvers, Shuker, McDonald, Griffith, Andrew (would say Taylor but think he's under contract)

keep Jones, Williamson, Birchall, Neal, Myrie-Williams, Davis (I think Loft, Pope, Duffy, Hughes are under contract)

as for Vincent, Dodds, Yates, Morsy, James, Lloyd, Johnson I wouldn't be fussed either way. Think it will depend on budget and what players he can bring in.

Really need centre backs and another centre midfielder. Griff isn't the answer, a solid League Two player but no better

Would love to keep the younger players (Morsy, James, Johnson, Lloyd) and I would believe for the first time in years we would be in a financial position to hold on to them rather than freeing off the wages, but we'll have to see what Budget Adams gets

I think that is spot on - apart from keeping Dodds for the 5th midfielder role especially during tougher away games.

I couldn't disagree any more. His form since January has been ****.

I just want to be the first to have said it, because unless he rediscovers his form we will get caught out in league one.

Shrewbury hardly moved the earth to keep him, and they've struggled all season.

there's no way he's been our most consistant player.

You heard it here first.

This is the conclusive evidence that you are a complete cok.

The players for me to go are: Purse, Mccombe, Mcdonald, Taylor, Shuker and Andrew. The rest should stay with maybe James getting loaned out again as well as Lloyd.

To come in:

2 centre halfs are the main priority. Krystian Pearce, Aden Flint, Jake Wright from Oxford are all good shouts. Chilvers and Davis to cover.

Left Winger - Jacques Maghoma fits the bill for me. Andy Barcham from Scunthorpe? Ryan Hall on a loan from Leeds?

Centre Midfielder - I reckon Griff will be signed but i feel there needs to be a ball playing midfielder in there unless Birchall gets a good pre season uder his belt. Marlon Pack would be an immense signing if we could pull that off though!!! Richie Wellens? Andrew Tutte maybe? Jed Wallace?

Striker - Liam Dickinson would be a handful if he could get his fitness back. Lee Barnard partnering Pope would be class.

Anyway whoever we bring in, hopefully they add more quality to the squad already and push us on in league one!

From the few games I have seen we need some pace/agility at the back..but whoever it is also has to have experience to organise the defence..in the mould of Kompany

Hard working midfeilder as we could get outmanned in midfield if we persist with wide men against better teams..in the mould of Barry

More of a hold up forward rather than an out and out striker..in the mould of Mark Hughes/Kevin Davies...maybe the actual Kevin Davies

Kompany, Barry, hughes..not asking much is it

Archived