onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale in league 1: player requirements?

ValeMadrid87

I know a few won't agree but first out the door would be Taylor & Dodds. Both can be brilliant on their day but IMO were lucky to get a contract last time and have had a number of chances but apart from a few odd games haven't contributed much. Shuker also hasn't played much since the turn of the year I'd much rather see we kept Morsy than him. Griff we have to keep if we are persisting with the attacking intent from this season or again we'll get overun in midfield.

As people have said centre of defence and for a few years now we have been sadly lacking in midfield I think most of us fans know that.

Advert

Danny Butterfield

Papa Bouba Diop

Luis Boa-Morte

Ricardo Gardner

Robbie Neilson

Mid 30's free agent veterans looking to finish their careers somewhere

Chris Zebroski playing for Eastleigh after Cheltenham booted him out for behaviour problems

Maghoma from Burton

Any 2 of the 5 mentioned + Maghoma but certainly not Zebroski

i no i no....dont keep going back for ex players............

but i genuinely think griff and lee collins are league 1 standard........

collins marked pope / hughes out the game on satdee.....

(we will just ignore the blooper.....unless it was his cunning plan to play league 1 next year.....dont think footy players are that clever though)

what happened to duffy...came with a lot of promise....now behind yates in the pecking order...if he waqs injured or steps up could be like a new player.....also think he is a centre back not right back..........

think we are in a good position to pick off / pinch the best league 2 players (extra wages / opportunity to step up a league and prove themselves) so thats where MA will start....added by a few young promising championship loanee's...

we are in a good position for once.....rather than being the team thats having its best players poached.......

are birchalls plans to stay in England now or return to USA? if so graet addition...especially when he loses his gut.....

Offer Marc Richards one last chance to play at a higher level? he is obviously keen....we can pay him what he needs...and he still has ability......although his arrival may upset pope who blossomed without him.........

personally i think

Andrew Davies - Free

Tommy Spurr - Free

Sam Sodje - free

Lee Croft - Free

John Ostemobor - Free

Andre Grey - Luton

Ross Allen - Guirnsey

Antoni Sarcevic

also a few mentioned on here

Interestingly from the prem you can pick up a free team of

Lukas fabianzski

William Gallas

Kolo Toure

Danny Simpson

Phil Neville

Frank Lampard

Florent Malouda

Chris Brunt

Yossi Benayoun

Andrei Arshavin

Carlton Cole

Not a bad line up for sod all

From looking at the link again on here, what is Martyn Waghorn's story? Injured? Or just can't get in the Leicester team?! They paid decent money for him I think from Sunderland a few years back and only 23. Could be a great left-winger/forward in League One!

A waghorn/Wellens double would do nicely!! ;)

I am convinced we will sign Griff. Im also convinced we will bid for Marc Richards.

I bet Calvin Andrew gets 12 months as well.

I agree with you about Griffith and not sure how i feel about that tbh,i would like to see NEW faces and not ones who played for us before,that's also why i dont want us to go for Richards.

I agree with you about Griffith and not sure how i feel about that tbh,i would like to see NEW faces and not ones who played for us before,that's also why i dont want us to go for Richards.

Im with you on that, apart from Griff who has been much improved and has been a valuable asset for us since coming back.

Rumours have it that a mass clearout will happen at Chesterfield with 3 or 4 of their big earners being shipped out or listed.

I think we will throw 50-100k at them for Rico. I wouldnt personally but i think Micky will.

Im with you on that, apart from Griff who has been much improved and has been a valuable asset for us since coming back.

Rumours have it that a mass clearout will happen at Chesterfield with 3 or 4 of their big earners being shipped out or listed.

I think we will throw 50-100k at them for Rico. I wouldnt personally but i think Micky will.

I agree again that Griff has improved BUT could he cut it in league with Orient? As for Rico,hopefully MA will see how well the forwards have performed without him and also see that Pope,Hughes,Williamson,Dickenson? will be fine(along with maybe one more young striker coming in).

Micky tends to sign players who have played for him before. That's why a bid for Rico wouldn't be out of the question IMHO.

IF we were to dip into Chesterfield's squad, and only IF, I would like to go for Togwell and/or O'Shea over Richards. We don't need Richards. He's too similar to Hughes and Pope. We need a different breed of striker to these. If Andrew gets an extension, Micky wants shooting! I'm sorry, but he does.

Rico is a good player, but if they want rid we take on his wages, not pay a fee. For to be smart about it, and if they want rid then the ball is in our court. 12 month loan even?

Archived