onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A Hypothetical Question?

Boslem Boy

Given that we are where we are. I ask;

We have a successful team pushing for promotion with a proven manager who gets the best out of what he has got.

We also have a prolific goalscorer who is worth his weight in gold!

So just for the devilment in me..................... You have to get rid of 1 of them despite promotion beckoning. Who would you sack in order to gaurantee promotion & bearing in mind you have to plan for next season?

Please and this is just for fun & I ask for no criticism as it is only hypothetical, I just thought who would Vale fans regard as our biggest asset at the moment in time, especially at this most critical of times during our promotion run in?

Would you want Micky or the Pope?

Advert

Notice this post was put on at 03.36am. Assume therefore either drink or lack of sleep had a lot to do with asking such a ridiculous, wind-up, pathetic question. No need to have these posts on here at all, suggest this is cancelled immediately before some Vale fans really get angry about irrelevant, child like thoughts!

Given that we are where we are. I ask;

We have a successful team pushing for promotion with a proven manager who gets the best out of what he has got.

We also have a prolific goalscorer who is worth his weight in gold!

So just for the devilment in me..................... You have to get rid of 1 of them despite promotion beckoning. Who would you sack in order to gaurantee promotion & bearing in mind you have to plan for next season?

Please and this is just for fun & I ask for no criticism as it is only hypothetical, I just thought who would Vale fans regard as our biggest asset at the moment in time, especially at this most critical of times during our promotion run in?

Would you want Micky or the Pope?

If this is to be taken seriously, you'd need to specify a great deal more than you have. Not least, the fee for Tom Pope.

I'm sure Tom himself would agree that if someone came in and offered £5million, it would be best for him to leave however much he loves Vale. That's silly though, but just illustrates that every player has a price. So would £1million be enough - or are you saying we would have to lose him for free?

A bit the same with MA - would we get compensation ? And as already asked, who would replace him.

I tend to think MA will be very difficult to replace anyway because he builds suqads of 'his players' and will not tolerate those who are not fully dedicated (Malbon, Burge) to his ideals - rightly so in my opinion.

But we saw what happened to the players morale and performance when he left before.

OK, you have a bit of an answer - but the question would have been more 'fun' after all our fixtures have been completed.

Archived