onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burge has left

Va-LEE-ant

Advert

as long as we go up i'll be happy haha, i'm sure there will be a better quality of players than burge brough in next season anyway

he parked next to me, the 'only happy thoughts 'til the end of the season' mantra I have adopted prevents me from commenting on

my opinion about his exit from the club.

I don't doubt for a minute that Paul Wildes made the decision but the fact remains that in my opinion (and many others have said it on here) it was still a poor decision regardless of who had a hand in it. and one that wouldn't have manifested further if MA wasn't such a dinosaur of a manager when it comes to handling his players. Ryan Burge would still be at the club and helping us to promotion and beyond.

I run a sales team that have a multitude of personalities and they certainly don't always agree with everything I do or say but I know that a one size fits all approach is not the answer when dealing with issues. That is how it definitely comes across with MA, sometimes he needs to put his giant ego to one side and think of the consequences of his actions and the future of the club in the long term.

I will keep on saying it that Burge was not just joint top of the MOTM leader board by accident he was a good player who if handled correctly could and would have been a fantastic asset to the club not only this season but also in league 1. For all of you who are knocking him ask yourself if you were doing that when he helped the club to a great win on the day you voted him man of the match?

I'm not knocking him as a player, but as you will know from your job role, there is more to being a team player than just being good at your job. There has clearly been more to this saga than has (quite rightly) been disclosed and I suspect that Ryan has either been too arrogant to apologise or he has been badly advised. Either way, no individual is bigger than the team. I sincerely hope he learns from this and let's his football skills do the talking rather than his mouth!

H's a talent, but if he wasn't respected by the senior players and staff in the dressing room then it was the correct decision to let him go. Unfortunately I can't see Morsy being with us next season either, which is a shame as both of them had the makings of good lower league midfielders.

Archived