onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next two home games.

For Us All

Advert

Come on, 2 home wins now infront of fervent fans will keep the momentum going. We can go on a sequence of good results and let the rest try and worry about us. In our hands and after yesterday's high for all of us then why not now go on from strength to strength. Let's ALL give the Club a boost by turning out in massive numbers as the players will now feed off our passion.

Don't know about anybody else but I'll take four points from the next two home matches against Aldershot and Cheltenham.Three points on Saturday against the 'Shots' will do us the world of good and will set up a cracker against rivals Cheltenham on Good Friday at Vale Park.

Views and opinions please.

The teams we now play at home have a poorish away record but we dont have an impressive home record so it will certainly be interesting,i would also take 4 points out of our next two games.

I know its an old cliche but its really important to look at it one game at a time.

Lets not get carried away when we win.

Lets not get suicidal when we lose.

A win on Saturday will leave us in a great position with 6 to go.

Its all ifs buts and maybes.

We would go mad if we started to look to far ahead. Infact, some already have!

Ifs buts and maybes its only ifs buts and maybes ifs buts and maybes lol.. Wise words Grasshopper

First goal is massive yet again with this Vale team especially at home. If we can get the first goal then we should beat Aldershot. Cheltenham will be a completely different game where again the first goal will be crucial.

If you were to ask me now if id take 4 points id say yes, with the 3 points coming against Cheltenham though.

I still see the Burton & Northampton home games defining our season. I think we need to win atleast one of those two matches. Our remaining away games look tricky.

4 wins from the last 7 will mean top 3 for me as some of those wins will come against promotion rivals.... 3 wins & we need a few draws. I think 12 points will do it for us.

We all know it will go to the last day... were Vale aren't we!

If we can get the first goal then we should beat Aldershot.

Just to underline how crucial the first goal has been this season:

We've scored the first goal in 19 games this season. We've gone on to win 17 of them and drawn the other two.

Sod's law that those two draws were the home games v Rochdale and York where we threw away two-goal leads.

You only have to look at how it settled us down and dented York's confidence to see how important it is.

As much as I know that our home form has struggled in comparison with our away form, we should not be fearing anybody at home. Whilst people are talking about the burton, Cheltenham and Northampton home games, take a look at their away form - it's a lot worse than our home form! Goals change games and if we can eradicate the early gifts we have given away at home lately, we will be just fine.

I went to Aldershot and they were very poor...Their main man was Lopez..........He has since left and returned to Stevenage. by all means i don't want Vale to be complacent BUT if we score early i can see us battering them..........

I went to Aldershot and they were very poor...Their main man was Lopez..........He has since left and returned to Stevenage. by all means i don't want Vale to be complacent BUT if we score early i can see us battering them..........

I'm glad he did leave Jimmy,he got a hat-trick against Sheff.Utd.yesterday.

I concur with James.

However this is the time of the year when freak results (bottom beating top) can and do happen. As long as we don't let ourselves become a victim.

Popey should be fired up for this after the way Andy Scott treated him at Rotherham.

Archived