onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

smurf twitter

manuel

We have a fundamental problem and after reading 8 pages I conclude that the vast majority of fans are desperate for the team to succeed but they do not like Adams. He cannot see this because he is arrogant and will blame fans, players, weather, pitch before himself. Wait for Smurf and Wildes to disagree with each other because it will happen eventually. If we get promoted do you really think we will survive without a major overhaul. Has Adams' signings made you think he is capable of that overhaul.

Where do we go from here? I would send for Caroline:laugh: before Carpetman, Steele Curtain, Eric et al.

Advert

I don't boo my team, never have, never will. I won't call for the managers head, but what I will do is voice my opinion if I think the team is playing badly or that, in my opinion, Adams has got his selection wrong, which by the way, I think he has done for the last half a dozen games. I feel I am entitled to my opinion as a paying customer, whether that be on a home or away game. One thing for sure nobody will ever stop me from voicing my opinion but I'm pretty damn sure whatever I say will not influence how the team plays or what the manager decides to do !!! :rolleyes:

Just a point regarding this myth that the moaning is purely a OVF thing I have been approached by 4 vale fans this morning at work all have said Adams has totally lost the plot regarding his team line ups and his statement regarding giving up on automatic promotion none of them are members of this forum 2 say adams should be sacked

After much consideration over the weekend I would say on Saturday was on par or below the glover sinnott days I would go as far to say we were ****ing ****

It was obvious to me even before xmas we needed a pacey centre half and a midfield general, if I was adams I would have begged paul and norman to break the bank for such players , it seems he sees things on the pitch different than me

Just a point regarding this myth that the moaning is purely a OVF thing I have been approached by 4 vale fans this morning at work all have said Adams has totally lost the plot regarding his team line ups and his statement regarding giving up on automatic promotion none of them are members of this forum 2 say adams should be sacked

After much consideration over the weekend I would say on Saturday was on par or below the glover sinnott days I would go as far to say we were ****ing ****

It was obvious to me even before xmas we needed a pacey centre half and a midfield general, if I was adams I would have begged paul and norman to break the bank for such players , it seems he sees things on the pitch different than me

The non-OVf moaners of which there are undoubtedly many , will just slope off quietly , not come to games , not buy STS etc and folk willbe saying "why are we not getting bigger gates?". Sound familiar?

At least by moaning on here it gives the club an insight as to why fans are staying away and gives them the opportunity to do something to attract them back. Its market research thats so cheap , its free.

The non-OVf moaners of which there are undoubtedly many , will just slope off quietly , not come to games , not buy STS etc and folk willbe saying "why are we not getting bigger gates?". Sound familiar?

At least by moaning on here it gives the club an insight as to why fans are staying away and gives them the opportunity to do something to attract them back. Its market research thats so cheap , its free.

Agreed.

I'd be rather worried that fans are staying away when we are second, with the first chance of a promotion in 18 years.

Either that or our support is flat-lining and doesn't have the potential to go much higher.

It doesn't bode well for what would be tougher times in the League above.

Short-term, promotion is a must. Off the back of that, we would be looking to sell

lots of season tickets that are so affordable that it's crazy not to have one.

I've taken to praying every night that we don't bugger this up!!

Caz or caz123,

I,ve read your post several times and your comment about the Internet is really relevant.

Many on here claim this website helped to unseat Valiant 2001, and I'm sure there is some truth in that.

It shows therefore that people who claim that this forum is just banter between fans is not strictly true, and that it can have a real influence on the club and it's future.

I have no problems with opinions, but I have a major problem with people calling for the managers head, or suggesting people should not attend games, AT THIS CRITICAL STAGE OF THE SEASON.

Regarding the criticism of fans by Adams. He could have replied that every fan has the right to vent their feelings, that's the standard answer football managers give. Perhaps he was being clever in diverting the flak away from the team onto himself, who knows.

My only gripe with Adams is that I think he as always seen Vale as a stepping stone to better things, but overall in terms of ability I think he is the best manager we have had since John Rudge, by some distance.

Anyway at the end of the day I think we both see promotion as the key issue, everything else pails into insignificance..

Caz or caz123,

You are absolutely right to say everyone is entitled to their opinion, as I am. Firstly though are you sure the worst moaners on here are actually coming through the turnstiles?

Secondly Vale were going backwards under V2001 and in those circumstances it must have been right for people to air their strong views. We are now moving forward under the new owners and as you know this is a critical time where pressure is getting to everyone. Can you really compare the two periods?

Just leaving aside the fact that as you say people are entitled to their opinion, can you give me one other valid reason why it makes sense to ridicule the manager and players at this particular time?

A lot of people are upset over the comments made by Adams about certain supporters and of course he's never been a diplomat as he. I think that's one of his strengths, that he calls it as he sees it.

I cannot remember Caz seeing any post from you that I have disagreed with, but in this case isn't the logic against you? Isn't the bigger picture that no one and no one's opinion is more important than the goal of promotion, and anyone undermining that goal is putting themselves before the Club we all support.

Are you suggesting that these people do not go through the turnstiles?

As the saying goes:-

"Some of us can be wrong - some of the time, But ALL of us can't be wrong ALL of the time"?

17 mins Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc

Been away for 8 days and you would think the club was back in Admin Where has the support the Manager, players and staff should be getting

15 mins Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc

from the fans who have been to the darkest place in football prior to new ownership. I pledge my support to MA his support staff & players

Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc

We need to defeat the league and go up,and not each other.Remove blame and replace with pride and support as I do we need it Papa Smurf

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:Tin hat time Smurf:laugh:

Nah there's too many on here who dying for Adams to fail loving it if he does, well he won't he's the best man for the job by far

Can't wait for us to get promotion and rub it in their smug little faces

That's a ridiculous comment to make. I remember similar stupid comments being made by some protestors towards those that chose not to act. It does nothing but drive wedges between supporters and, ultimately, the club. Totally uncalled for.

Whether you agree or not with the views being aired on here, in the pub, wherever, people have every right to air them. The fragility of those involved at the club sometimes over comments on public forums beggars belief.

We're going through a bad run of form, Mickey, unfortunately, has been held up on some pedestal without actually acheiving anything for Port Vale yet and, just as easily as fans needlessly put him up there, at present it's quite as easy to knock him off it.

People need thicker skins and should at least learn to stop knocking the paying customers for their views, regardless of what they think personally.

We all hope that we'll get through this and acheive promotion but at the moment things are rapidly deteriorating. Naturally, people are unhappy.

Bede,

This is not about the right to air their views. I have only heard one poster suggest they should not have the right, so that's now becoming a tired comment.

This is about promotion and how best to achieve it. Rob Fielding says it's out of the fans hands, not strictly true.

If you accept this website had a major effect on V2001, then it follows it can also effect things now.

The posts that concern me are first, calling for the managers head, and second, trying to influence people not to attend games.

The timing of the posts that helped remove V2001 were right, in this case they are entirely wrong. The irony of them is that the people posting in this way actually want Vale to get promoted, so you can only think they are oblivious to the damage their posts may be causing.

The only influence I see not to attend games are when the manager and CEO intimate that some aren't welcome. Madness.

Don't you think that supporters' ties to the club are exceptionally fragile thanks to the last ten years? False dawn after false dawn, attack and blame on fans from the club on too regular a basis, yet we need these very people through the gates to progress and survive.

I hope that the cool and collected thoughtful Mr Wildes has a quiet word to the shoot from the hip others. If we are to calm down and pull together as a fanbase, the club need to lead from example. I'm convinced that Adams' tirade after Torquay has been quite damaging on attendances. It doesn't take a lot for many to think "well ******** to you then" due to recent history.

Archived