onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

smurf twitter

manuel

blackdog,

You call some of the people on here who are sniping, customers. Well let me say this they are a small number and Vale are better off without them.

:doh:

Do you really think that? They are customers and they're entitled to their opinion.

We need every single supporter we can to come through the gates. What would have been the scenario now if the 'snipers' hadn't grouped together to rid the Club of the last lot who were 'running' or should I say ruining the Club.

Advert

What he said.

By the way as i went to quote Yukon I noticed the -1 thing in the corner, realised then that people click to give it thumbs up/down, (I'm a bit slow!!) this made me scroll up the page & I noticed the only posts on this page with minuses were the posts that asked people to stop sniping - pretty pathetic really (& not petty at all,honest) - i clicked thumbs up on them to put them back to zero.

I thought the thing in the corner was to allow posters to show whether they agreed or disagreed with the post not to encourage them to vote one way only , or there would not be 2 icons. I suggest you change your name to Robert Mugabe.

:doh:

Do you really think that? They are customers and they're entitled to their opinion.

We need every single supporter we can to come through the gates. What would have been the scenario now if the 'snipers' hadn't grouped together to rid the Club of the last lot who were 'running' or should I say ruining the Club.

Spot on. The happy clappers will attend whatever, the snipers/dissenters, call them what you will, need to be attracted back or the club will fail. We need every single one of them - every one. Apart from the snipers a lot of fans (even more) will just slope off quietly never to return. This is not a blip its a ****ing disaster.

Caz or caz123,

You are absolutely right to say everyone is entitled to their opinion, as I am. Firstly though are you sure the worst moaners on here are actually coming through the turnstiles?

Secondly Vale were going backwards under V2001 and in those circumstances it must have been right for people to air their strong views. We are now moving forward under the new owners and as you know this is a critical time where pressure is getting to everyone. Can you really compare the two periods?

Just leaving aside the fact that as you say people are entitled to their opinion, can you give me one other valid reason why it makes sense to ridicule the manager and players at this particular time?

A lot of people are upset over the comments made by Adams about certain supporters and of course he's never been a diplomat as he. I think that's one of his strengths, that he calls it as he sees it.

I cannot remember Caz seeing any post from you that I have disagreed with, but in this case isn't the logic against you? Isn't the bigger picture that no one and no one's opinion is more important than the goal of promotion, and anyone undermining that goal is putting themselves before the Club we all support.

I thought the thing in the corner was to allow posters to show whether they agreed or disagreed with the post not to encourage them to vote one way only , or there would not be 2 icons. I suggest you change your name to Robert Mugabe.

I suggest you change your name to ILOVETOMOAN&CLICKNEGATIVES

Caz or caz123,

You are absolutely right to say everyone is entitled to their opinion, as I am. Firstly though are you sure the worst moaners on here are actually coming through the turnstiles?

Secondly Vale were going backwards under V2001 and in those circumstances it must have been right for people to air their strong views. We are now moving forward under the new owners and as you know this is a critical time where pressure is getting to everyone. Can you really compare the two periods?

Just leaving aside the fact that as you say people are entitled to their opinion, can you give me one other valid reason why it makes sense to ridicule the manager and players at this particular time?

A lot of people are upset over the comments made by Adams about certain supporters and of course he's never been a diplomat as he. I think that's one of his strengths, that he calls it as he sees it.

I cannot remember Caz seeing any post from you that I have disagreed with, but in this case isn't the logic against you? Isn't the bigger picture that no one and no one's opinion is more important than the goal of promotion, and anyone undermining that goal is putting themselves before the Club we all support.

Spot on

Fair play, he's showing support for the players and the staff. But how come its always the fans getting blamed. Will the 200 or so people who turn up tuesday get any recognition. Probably not. But mugs like me will keep turning up to get blamed by the likes of Micky Adams etc.

My tweet would have been fair play to the 4000 that turned up on saturday, yes they booed but at least they bothered unlike the ****ing wingers.

I have actually clicked far more positives than negatives but hey ho.

I dont love to moan but sometimes I need to moan.

I hold the record for moaning - usually about my aching bones, my job, my business - but Nick - nobody on here will ever convince me that booing, slagging off, berating the manager, is going do us any good whatsoever. Its as if people have been sharpening their knives for months, waiting for this opportunity to demand Micky gets effed off, to state how sh** the team are, how lucky Pope has been.

Fair play, he's showing support for the players and the staff. But how come its always the fans getting blamed. Will the 200 or so people who turn up tuesday get any recognition. Probably not. But mugs like me will keep turning up to get blamed by the likes of Micky Adams etc.

My tweet would have been fair play to the 4000 that turned up on saturday, yes they booed but at least they bothered unlike the ****ing wingers.

I don't really think that NS needs to comment. What is there to be gained?

MA will know where he stands with the owners.

Caz or caz123,

Feel free to disagree with any of my posts, it'd be a very boring world if we all thought the same way :)

With regard to your first point, I don't actually know everyone who posts on here but I do know quite a few who hold strong opinions, negative opinions if you like, regarding the team/manager at the moment and yes, they do go through the gates and have done for long time. Some of them even longer than me!

Re your second point, of course we can't compare the two periods in time. Under V2001 we were, as you say, going backwards both on and off the field. Gladly, because folk held strong opinions and refused to back down, things are now much improved. Improved beyond belief really. I suppose because i'm a member of the admin team I'll always veer to the right of folk to voice their opinions as per OVF policy. I can hardly delete posts etc just because they're negative. In this instance though I do believe people are entitled to their opinion. It doesn't say that I have to agree with it. As for negative comments making sense. I'm sure that they make sense to the folk who have paid for their entertainment and are just not getting it right now. Football fans are very fickle. Up one day, down the next. Even before the internet fans have vented their anger after a bad game. The fortunate or unfortunate thing, which ever way you look at it, about a fans forum on the internet is that, unlike angry comments in the pub after the game, the comments are there for all to see forever!

With regard to Micky. You seem to be excusing his comments because, as you say, he's never been very diplomatic. I just don't think he can have it both ways. If he gives the flack he must be prepared to take it. As you so rightly say, no man is bigger than the Club.

One thing I am sure about is that everyone wants promotion this season and I think that a lot of whats said is borne out of frustration seeing that aim may be slipping away. Perhaps we should all call a truce and just get on with the job of seeing our Club climb into the higher league. I'm taking 2 weeks holiday from here if we don't get it!

Smurf as most prob seen the ADAMS OUT thread on OVF and that's the reason he as tweeted, I for one think that thread was the most embarrassing thread in the history of OVF considering we are second in the league.. But AY HO some ov yer av your opinions :(

Smurf as most prob seen the ADAMS OUT thread on OVF and that's the reason he as tweeted, I for one think that thread was the most embarrassing thread in the history of OVF considering we are second in the league.. But AY HO some ov yer av your opinions :(

Got to say that I 100% agree with what you're saying there Grebo. HHave a moan and a winge if you will but to call for MA to go is, in my opinion of course, very embarrassing to say the least. :rolleyes:

Archived