onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams Out...

scVale

You seem to be continually ignoring my posts, presumably because you have no answer to them. Still, I'll try again. It we were to sack Adams, make Page caretaker until the end of the season and then see who is about then. Adams is not all that many think he is. He is an average manager with limited tactical nohow.

What was said in this interview ?

Adams said he got his team selections wrong and of he fails to get us promoted he'll probably get the sack.

Advert

We can't sack him now. It would end hopes of promotion. But I agree it's a difficult subject. If we sacked Adams (won't happen) then we have someone else in charge for the remainder of the season who potentially won't know the players, I don't see the need to sack him now. If we fail to go up then fair enough, i don't think he would be good enough in league 1 either, so it's whether you sack him now and hopefully go up with a new man or keep him and go up and potentially struggle next year. Anyway he has to stay till the end , I'm far fr his biggest fan but he's got us this far, I'm willing to put my faith in him getting us over the line.

It wouldn't only be daft to sack someone when second (even though I'm no fan), it would also send a very negative message out to potential future employees. And we won't be able to offer abramovich level wages to make it worth the risk.

Also the new owners can run the risk of creating more bad feeling. If they get rid and we still don't go up, then people will blame them, especially the disciples (haven't heard the mantra in a few weeks though), as we are second right now. If we go up, then we don't know if Micky would have turned us around (look at rothehams turn around of results). I'm not much for him as a manager or person, but its make or break with Adams until the end of the season at least. The fans need to back the team, but they need a bit more from the manager than the interview he did yesterday which was awful, negative and once again had a pop at the fans.

I personally don't think that MA deserves to be sacked.I think that the players & staff respect him & that is essential to any football team.If you sacked him do you think that the players would or could perform any better ?.

How ever if the players start to question him & distrust him & he loses their respect ,then that in my honest opinion is time to get rid of him.

I hate this "lost the dressing room" nonsense. They are paid to play football. Adams doesn't give away penalties, do short back passes, do an impression of a blind man with a banjo trying to hit a cow's anus, let the ball go through his legs, or go over the top and get sent off. "Lost the dressing room", that's players sending out excuses in smoke signals. Things have gone wrong, partially Adams' fault but also the players fault - but "losing the dressing room" what do they expect a bleedin "workers" cooperative. Things go wrong, Adams carries the can. Bickering doesn't help.

It's not nonsense. Gannon lost it after the Crewe game. It happens - believe me.

Well I said on the other forum give Adams till the end of the season, as its the least he deserves but after hearing his interview I'm not so sure now, he really seems to have lost belief and this is gonna be reflected onto the players even more.

Totally fair comment--MA is the one in charge, he is being paid to select and motivate the team. He, like any other manager (and not just in football) has to take responsibility for his decisions & actions. He has had support from the new owners as far as signings are concerned, so he can have no gripe on that front. It is interesting to think back on how motivated the very small squad we had were when we were in administration, with everyone obviously committed to the cause. How the dynamics have changed--maybe the new signings have had a more disruptive effect than a positive one?

Has the negativity of the fans got to Micky or vice-versa?

A bit of both for sure! However, the fact that MA appears to be lowering his sights to the play-offs, is I think a move to take some of the pressure off the players. Tension and frustration is evident both on the pitch and in the stands at Vale Park, so maybe it's MA's reverse psychology intended to take away some of the high expectations (and tension) and get the team back to the freer-flowing and higher scoring football that was produced earlier in the season when it appeared more enjoyable for everyone involved--players & fans?

Personally would sack Adams Monday morning, and hire Paul Simpson as manager to the end of the season just to get over the line,i know some people will laugh at this but Simpson did a great job at Shrewsbury and Carlisle.

Would he come in for such a short while?

What would be the point of such a short term contract as a manager.He would take a while to get to know the players and work out who to play,where and with what system.By sacking Adams while we are still second in the league what sort of message would that send out to any potential manager?

Have you ever thought he has said what he said to think he wud get ppl off his back obs its backfired, ive sat and had a think about it and i for one do not think micky would give up after coming this far i cud be wrong but to say adams out weve not picked up a win since torquay but we are stil 2nd in the league lets hope our blip is over starting tuesday at bristol

Personally would sack Adams Monday morning, and hire Paul Simpson as manager to the end of the season just to get over the line,i know some people will laugh at this but Simpson did a great job at Shrewsbury and Carlisle.

At Shrewsbury he cocked up despite a massive budget (remember Grant Holt) and was a disaster at Stockport.

I'm not a huge fan of Adams, and I think his tactics, selections, signings and substitutions have been very questionable in recent months, however, the players have got to take some of the rap. How many times have players failed to clear the first man when taking corners? How many times have players slowed down play by paying ridiculous sideways passes? How any times have players tried to 'walk it in' instead of smashing in a shot when in dangerous/promising positions? Etc..etc...

Archived