onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams Out...

scVale

scVale,

If Vale got rid of Adams, who would be the replacement? Presumably you would not want any of the 21 managers who are currently below him in League 2.

Vale are not that attractive a proposition for proven managers, so we may have to risk a rookie. If you think of applicants for the Vale managers job over recent years, there were not many, if any, who would have a track record like Micky Adams.

You seem to be continually ignoring my posts, presumably because you have no answer to them. Still, I'll try again. It we were to sack Adams, make Page caretaker until the end of the season and then see who is about then. Adams is not all that many think he is. He is an average manager with limited tactical nohow.

Advert

Exactly Dodds was the best player on Tuesday but couldn't even get on as a sub today. How does this make the player feel. Adams is such a feeble man!

Go back to your little hide, you only seem to come out when you can really thrash your negativity about, been a while now, what's rattled your cage?

are you one of the klansmen as well bede, i know i'm outnumbered by about 50-1 but everyone is anti adams and some of the posts are beyond belief wanting to start demonstrating against the manager so as the board will take notice, de ja vue or what, get another manager in, some idiot contacting pw on twitter wanting adams head on a platter,someone has to stick up for the bloke he's got us this far,some supporters i use that term in it's loosest sense aren't happy unless they're unhappy, talk about a vociferous minority, some on here take the proverbial biscuit,a few brain cells wouldn't go amiss.

You and your posts might be respected more if you were not so insulting and abusive to fellow posters.Or kept having a dig at SEO,B&G,protesters,marchers.Without these very people we would probably not have a football club as we have now.Just what is your agenda that you keep having a dig at these people?

You seem to be continually ignoring my posts, presumably because you have no answer to them. Still, I'll try again. It we were to sack Adams, make Page caretaker until the end of the season and then see who is about then. Adams is not all that many think he is. He is an average manager with limited tactical nohow.

Exactly, it amazes me how he got Leicester into the Prem but I can see why the following season went how it did, looking at the tactical nous of some of the managers in the prem, can you imagine Adams v Mourinho... oh dear!

Starting to lose my patience with him but no way should he be sacked just yet and if so, who is out there to replace him? He comes across as a lazy and quite arrogant character in interviews but he more than anyone wants us to go up this season and knows we are capable of it. Yes, his team selection and subs are questionable at times but at the end of the day, we are still second so lets be patient with him for the time being and see if he can motivate the players to get back to winning ways and go up!

Exactly, it amazes me how he got Leicester into the Prem but I can see why the following season went how it did, looking at the tactical nous of some of the managers in the prem, can you imagine Adams v Mourinho... oh dear!

Leicester?? Adams has never managed Leicester!!!

Sacking Adams if we fail to go up is all well and good, but the problem with that is it's a reactive move.

If that's what Wildes and Smurf are planning on doing, which I'd guess is fairly likely, I'd much rather see them be proactive and make the move sooner rather than later BEFORE the damage is done. I'm not full blown "Adams out" but I'd say I'm about 60/40 in favour at the moment.

Personally I'd make Page caretaker manager till the end of the season. He seems to have some tactical knowhow and it wouldn't be a destabilising change a la Gannon.

cheeky,

Not ignoring your posts. I think you believe in what you say and won't be influenced by others. Page has no managerial experience, why would you think he could be the man to get us back on track.?

Just to repeat I think we should stay with Adams for another season, come what may.

No but they are still beating us very, very easily.

If Adams wants to save our season and his job. Then he must stop carrying vendettas and bearing grudges.It's time for him to cut himself a big slice of 'Humble Pie' and eat it all up.Then call a clear the air talk because I am led to believe he has fell out with Yates, Burge and goodness knows how many more of his players.

Burge has been our best midfield player this season by a mile but because the lad complains when he is subbed its 'Out you go'. A wise manager would turn the situation to his advantage by challenging Ryan to prove him wrong and I bet he would have given his all.

Dodds our best player on Tuesday ( according to OVF poll) how does Mr Adams repay him?. 'Go on the bench'!!?!??

Shuker whi I aren't the biggest fan of but who was our best midfield player today. What does his Lordship do?. Subs him for Andrew.

These are the reasons why Adams is proving to be tactically inept and a very spiteful man.

Someone said the other week Adams is the best manager outside the Premiership as James Royle wouls say 'Best manager my a**e'. Tell you what Jim is spot on

Around January, to the majority if not ALL Vale fans he was the messiah. We didn't play well against Barnet but picked up a point, however since Morecambe at home we've been on the mother of all declines.

When Vale fans have requested him to change the side, he's then done so (after some time) - hasn't worked.

They'll now want a regular XI to create stability, rhythm - will that work?

If what you say is true re. Yates and Burge, I'll be surprised. I think a lot of us would say have Adams get's the best out of players. Despite our run of form, a lot of players in the squad have had good seasons so far. Surely Adams has to take some credit for that?

I'd like to see Yates start as I don't think Duffy provides anything going forward. Williamson and Hughes for me up front whilst Pope is going on a bit of a drought. I also believe Pope and Hughes are too similar. Ben provides pace, will take defenders with him, giving space for other players. I think that's partly why Pope has had such success in front of goal this season

No, I'm not particularly a 'Klansman' but I do have little time for Adams the person. I'm just worried at our implosion. Adams has been held up on a pedestal simply because he was a recognised face that brought something fresh back in the dark days of V2001 and the unfolding carnage. He hasn't yet actually achieved anything and, the way we're currently heading, he may not do this season either, despite being handsomely backed since the rebuilding began. I can understand people's anger and frustration and they're entitled to express this on here without being shouted down and abused for it.

Archived