• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Bill Bell - RIP

Alexpvfc

My best memory of Bill Bell was when I was stuck in traffic driving back from the away game at Derby in the FA Cup. We had just won (3 - 1?) and I saw Bill Bell was on the back seat of the car next to mine so I wound down my window and gave him the thumbs up and he gave them back. He had a massive smile on his face. He made our dreams possible in the 1990's. PVFC owes him a BIG send off!

Advert:

My best memory of Bill Bell was when I was stuck in traffic driving back from the away game at Derby in the FA Cup. We had just won (3 - 1?) and I saw Bill Bell was on the back seat of the car next to mine so I wound down my window and gave him the thumbs up and he gave them back. He had a massive smile on his face. He made our dreams possible in the 1990's. PVFC owes him a BIG send off!

Similar story me sen. After we got promotion at Brighton,

Billy was driving through the streets and stuck in traffic and

wound his window down to shake my hand. I would have only been

6 at the time, so I thought it was a nice touch.

RIP Billy.

Advert:

Advert:

I grew up on brown edge and on a fair few occasions he pulled his Bentley over giving me and my mates a lift to the ground.

That man loved this club and it's fans, just went about his business his way.

We owe a massive amount of our success in that period to his business nous!

Advert:

Will the Lorne Street be renamed the Bill Bell stand?

I hope some posters aren't being hypocritical.

For all his faults, he and Rudgie got us within a whisker of the top level of football.

Thanks for those good years.

I grew up on brown edge and on a fair few occasions he pulled his Bentley over giving me and my mates a lift to the ground.

That man loved this club and it's fans, just went about his business his way.

We owe a massive amount of our success in that period to his business nous!

He followed me along the road once after i missed the coach to Wigan and then gave me a lift there,told me if i had a problem coming back on the coach just go into reception at Wigan and ask for him and he would give me a lift back too.A top top man.

Would a minutes applause be better than a silence?? let him here how we appreciate those many happy years under him and the fact that he and JR got us on the verge of Premier league football.

Archived