onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our fans to get hamil end?

Advert

As I've stated before when this has cropped up, the only reason that away fans can't use the Bycars is because the old railway bridge on Bycars Lane is too weak to allow coaches to pass over it, otherwise the swap between Hamil and it would have happened years ago.

They could park the buses at the Bycars end of the Coop car park, there's a gate there too, you could open that to allow away fans into the car park whilst keeping the Vale fans from the Paddock away from them.

I like the idea but I can't see it happening, It'll upset too man people, like erm......Jeff Kent.

I have been a Bycars Boy for many many years now and remember the good old days when facilities were just as crap as they are now but guess what the football made the place bounce. The bycars is a superb home end that for some reason (beer) has become unpopular for the singing section. The noise the bycars can produce is awesome when it is used as our home end.

To be fair its deathknell was sounded when we shot ourselves in the foot on the late nineties I think and introduced for some bizare reason a ID card to use the Bycars. Fans simply went to another part of the ground to avoid it, and I dont think they've ever returned. Add to that you could not get a drink in the bycars and the drop down the leagues and numbers all added to its demise.

Answer me if the Railway didnt sell beer do you think the exodus would have happened? There ahs to be a way to get the Bycars bouncing again. Improve toilets, Yes. Organise an area where you can get a drink, Yes. Use the section at the base of the family stand for refreshments, Yes. It could be done with some thought and determination.

Its not just Geoff Kent that loves the BYcars!

Wont you bury me under the Bycars

Wont you bury me under the sun

Wont you bury me under the Bycard

Tiill my duty till football is done

One word- police. They wouldn't let the away fans pass the paddock or Lorne Street in a million years, as it is they drive them to the door

South yorkshire police dont bother about away fans having to go past home fans at Rotherham so why do Staffordshire police have to have the last say on where away fans sit at VP.:unsure:

I have been a Bycars Boy for many many years now and remember the good old days when facilities were just as crap as they are now but guess what the football made the place bounce. The bycars is a superb home end that for some reason (beer) has become unpopular for the singing section. The noise the bycars can produce is awesome when it is used as our home end.

To be fair its deathknell was sounded when we shot ourselves in the foot on the late nineties I think and introduced for some bizare reason a ID card to use the Bycars. Fans simply went to another part of the ground to avoid it, and I dont think they've ever returned. Add to that you could not get a drink in the bycars and the drop down the leagues and numbers all added to its demise.

Answer me if the Railway didnt sell beer do you think the exodus would have happened? There ahs to be a way to get the Bycars bouncing again. Improve toilets, Yes. Organise an area where you can get a drink, Yes. Use the section at the base of the family stand for refreshments, Yes. It could be done with some thought and determination.

Its not just Geoff Kent that loves the BYcars!

Wont you bury me under the Bycars

Wont you bury me under the sun

Wont you bury me under the Bycard

Tiill my duty till football is done

I remember when the railway did not sell beer and had one of those membership cards in the 1990 s remember if you had not got a passport photo the bloke in the ticket office would do you one for about 3 quid. He would produce a big card produce a big bit of card and a Polaroid camera and you were made to feel he had saved you money.

Any way I used the bycars then and was in there for the stoke fa cup game the reason fans use the railway is to be close to the away following and engage in chanting and banter etc. the ground is simply too big and unless crowds pass 13000 it always will be. Having said that dont really care which end I stand in right now

I remember when the railway did not sell beer and had one of those membership cards in the 1990 s remember if you had not got a passport photo the bloke in the ticket office would do you one for about 3 quid. He would produce a big card produce a big bit of card and a Polaroid camera and you were made to feel he had saved you money.

Any way I used the bycars then and was in there for the stoke fa cup game the reason fans use the railway is to be close to the away following and engage in chanting and banter etc. the ground is simply too big and unless crowds pass 13000 it always will be. Having said that dont really care which end I stand in right now

Side views are usually priced higher as it is the favourite view. Bycars should be cheaper, but ends are supposed to be the same price for away fans, thus Bell`s idea of members discount at Bycars, but keep Hamil prices up. Not the only club to do it though.

I think moving from the Bycars would alienate too many paying customers.

Personally I hate it when we attack the Hamil End second half... when I see us lose the toss and get turned round round my heart sinks.

I think there's a Catch 22 at the moment where more people would choose to sit in the Bycars if there were more people in there. Nobody's willing to make the first move.

Time to bring back the old chestnut - there is room to turn the pitch 90 degrees so that the completed Lorne St bit is behind one goal and the Railway behind the other, the Bycars along one side and the Hamil a long way back from the pitch but earmarked for a rebuild sometime years ahead. The Bycars would be full then. Great atmosphere then from 3 sides all close to the pitch and the away fans can watch from the Hamil in the distance.

We used to have the widest pitch in the league, so I feel sure that a bit more pitch added on to the width would meet minimum length requirements though it would put the goals close to the Lorne St and Railway (great !) - must be a few other problems that would make it a tricky venture though. Perhaps the new owners will see this and consider it.

Archived