onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the last piece of the puzzle...

thecompletevaliant

...would be a natural wide midfielder, to cover for vincent & JMW. Although we have Shuker and now Jones who can play on the wing, it would be good to sign an out-and-out winger who can come in and frighten defences.

eg/ Keammar Daley who Preston have just released

Marsh-Brown at Yeovil

Lennox, young player at Plymouth

UTV :yes:

Advert

If we could get hold of one other player it would be a goalscoring midfielder for me, a poor man's Ian Taylor or a Bridge-Wilkinson type.

Rob Taylor can cover on the wing and Dodds can also play there. Currently he's fighting Hughes and Williamson for a spot but he's decent on the wing if required. So decent in fact that I would perhaps consider him before Vincent in the next match.

You are right though. The squad is looking strong now for the run-in even though I'm not entirely sure if Birchall was signed to play or to get fit.

If we could get hold of one other player it would be a goalscoring midfielder for me, a poor man's Ian Taylor or a Bridge-Wilkinson type.

Rob Taylor can cover on the wing and Dodds can also play there. Currently he's fighting Hughes and Williamson for a spot but he's decent on the wing if required. So decent in fact that I would perhaps consider him before Vincent in the next match.

You are right though. The squad is looking strong now for the run-in even though I'm not entirely sure if Birchall was signed to play or to get fit.

I don't think we need anyone to get promoted now. Though if we do, I agree with the first line completely.

Personly i dont think we need anymore signings for this year anyway, will probably need a couple more for next season if we are in div. 1.

I think we might be ok now.Of course there is always room for improvement.But for now I dont think we are far off.See how we go from now on then decide what is needed for next season.Gaining promotion or not could make a difference as if we do gain promotion then I think a few more could be needed.This cost could be aided by bigger gates etc.

Think we now have the best squad I have seen for a long time, so quite content.

The only signing we really need is Tom Pope on a long term deal!!

Totally spot on for me,i would also like to see Burge given a longer deal as i think he will be well suited for league one should we get there.

Archived