onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale V Bradford reserves?

ollyandpatch

Vale just need to concentrate on Vale and not worry about Bradford. Parkinson has got a massive dilemma that week with two possible Wembley trips and points needed to make the play offs. He's probably best off trying to win all three and then see what he gets as opposed to, say, putting all efforts into the Villa game and missing out on the Paint Pot and the play offs.

L2 should be proud of Bradford they've really carried the flag for our division this season. I'd love to see them win the League Cup although that's a big ask and I'd be happy for us to get promotion then watch them win the play off final on tv. Beating Rotherham, preferably.

Advert

Their reserves have already hammered us once this season - be careful what you wish for!

A reserve team for Bradford entered my mind after their superb result in mid-week and then my mind wandered to exactly the same thought. That said however we played a reserve team too as we had players out through injury and suspension.

If we don't get at least 7,500 I will be very disappointed, however that's tempered by the fact when we have had slightly decent attendances at home we have failed to perform.

Some Bradfud fans wish they had Hughes. Some reckon that with Pope and Hughes we have automatic promotion nailed on. Who needs Wells!

Here are some of the quotes:-

"Pope and Hughes will be too strong for many defences.

Vale and Gillingham are certs for automatic now.

About 8 teams are battling for the other spot."

"The signing of Lee Hughes has clinched Port Vale promotion in effect. He might be a **** but he will score goals and, morals or no morals, forgiven or not forgiven, between him and Pope they've got the goals to pull them clear of the chasing pack.

City fall into the same category as Rotherham, Burton, Fleetwood, can beat anyone on their day but turn in some shocking results at times. Playoffs is all they deserve really."

http://www.claretandbanter.co.uk/threads/32424-Lee-Hughes/page4

Some Bradfud fans wish they had Hughes. Some reckon that with Pope and Hughes we have automatic promotion nailed on. Who needs Wells!

Here are some of the quotes:-

"Pope and Hughes will be too strong for many defences.

Vale and Gillingham are certs for automatic now.

About 8 teams are battling for the other spot."

"The signing of Lee Hughes has clinched Port Vale promotion in effect. He might be a **** but he will score goals and, morals or no morals, forgiven or not forgiven, between him and Pope they've got the goals to pull them clear of the chasing pack.

City fall into the same category as Rotherham, Burton, Fleetwood, can beat anyone on their day but turn in some shocking results at times. Playoffs is all they deserve really."

http://www.claretandbanter.co.uk/threads/32424-Lee-Hughes/page4

I think most fans in this league would want him at there club but because he isn't they will hate him even more

But it isn't nowhere near as strong as:-

Neal,

Yates, Chilvers, Purse, Duffy

JMW, Loft, Burge, Vincent

Pope, Hughes

I'm not saying it is. What I am saying is don't underestimate the effort of fringe players trying to impress their manager for a place in the team for maybe two trips to Wembley. Complacency has a habit of biting people on the backside.

Archived