onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We missed the boat with paladini

andy jones

I still believe that Paladini would have been the wrong man for Vale. I worked in West London for almost a decade and I know a fair few QPR fans. Several of whom work for the club and some were even involved in witness statements regarding his trial over the "gun plot" incident.

I feel that QPR are where they are because of two factors -

1. They have the right manager. Mr Paladini takes credit for appointing him but also its his fault for the managerial merry-go-round before. Perhaps if you appoint enough managers sooner or later one will come good (even V2001 managed to appoint one good manager). Paladini also fell out with Ian Holloway who is now in the PL - so QPR may even have been promoted earlier if not for that.

2. They have the right financial backing, due almost entirely to their geographical location. Paladini admitedly deserves credit for getting them involved, but would this have been as easy at Vale? I doubt it!

The views of QPR fans I have spoken to say QPR are successful despite of Paladini (his involvement in a ludicrous gun-trial, sueing a popular fanzine and numerous other incidents have not made him in any way popular) and it's really the moneymen who operate the club with Paladini just given his role as a "thank you" gesture. If you go onto several QPR forums you will see a fair proportion who still want to get rid of Paladini. Hardly any want to get rid of the big money investors!

In my view, he's generally seen as a comic figure, who doesn't add much apart from media gaffes and contradictions (remind you of any Port Vale chairmen)?

It's also worth noting that even now as they head for the PL, QPR have a FA charge looming over them which could see them not go up due to docked points. Mr Paladini is charged with several of the offences regarding not registering a player properly. So, even now, he may still derail their promotion bid.

While these disclosures about V2001's dealing with Paladini give a new view on what actually happened (and reading them it does seem that the board didn't give us the true story) I would rather have Mo Chaudry looking to invest than Gianni Paladini.

p.s. No doubt Mr Machin will again accuse me of a Stalinist re-writing of QPR's recent history for the above.

Advert

like i said yesterday all this is in the past now it's the future whats important

for what it's worth i didn't trust machin, paldini, jackson, bratt or any of them, i always said a club run by commitee would never work to many fingers in the pie

didn't v2001 say their running of the club would only be short term until the right person came along to take it on?

8yrs and waiting

Unless we get the current board out now, we are in serious, serious trouble. They not only lack any idea how to make this club successful, their naked self interest will be fatal. Without fresh ideas, new blood and massive investment, I'm just dreading next season. We could easily be facing years in the footballing wilderness just like the other dozen or so former league clubs languishing in the Conference or below.

In fifty years or more of supporting this club, I can't think I've ever been so worried about its future with this wholly incompetent bunch of amateurs in charge.

Time for change, big time.

I still believe that Paladini would have been the wrong man for Vale. I worked in West London for almost a decade and I know a fair few QPR fans. Several of whom work for the club and some were even involved in witness statements regarding his trial over the "gun plot" incident.

I feel that QPR are where they are because of two factors -

1. They have the right manager. Mr Paladini takes credit for appointing him but also its his fault for the managerial merry-go-round before. Perhaps if you appoint enough managers sooner or later one will come good (even V2001 managed to appoint one good manager). Paladini also fell out with Ian Holloway who is now in the PL - so QPR may even have been promoted earlier if not for that.

2. They have the right financial backing, due almost entirely to their geographical location. Paladini admitedly deserves credit for getting them involved, but would this have been as easy at Vale? I doubt it!

The views of QPR fans I have spoken to say QPR are successful despite of Paladini (his involvement in a ludicrous gun-trial, sueing a popular fanzine and numerous other incidents have not made him in any way popular) and it's really the moneymen who operate the club with Paladini just given his role as a "thank you" gesture. If you go onto several QPR forums you will see a fair proportion who still want to get rid of Paladini. Hardly any want to get rid of the big money investors!

In my view, he's generally seen as a comic figure, who doesn't add much apart from media gaffes and contradictions (remind you of any Port Vale chairmen)?

It's also worth noting that even now as they head for the PL, QPR have a FA charge looming over them which could see them not go up due to docked points. Mr Paladini is charged with several of the offences regarding not registering a player properly. So, even now, he may still derail their promotion bid.

While these disclosures about V2001's dealing with Paladini give a new view on what actually happened (and reading them it does seem that the board didn't give us the true story) I would rather have Mo Chaudry looking to invest than Gianni Paladini.

p.s. No doubt Mr Machin will again accuse me of a Stalinist re-writing of QPR's recent history for the above.

Compared to our current board that doesn't sound so bad. Lest not forget, Paladini is operating in the second tier under more scrutiny. We've been falling down the leagues like a broken yoyo for years. With Paladini's money and various friends in high places I am 100% certain we would of been in the Championship by now at least.

If we weren't run by the Artful Dodger and his band of pick-pocketers we would be considerably better off.

I see that the question of QPR's promotion has a possible last minute hitch to be resolved.

According to "When Saturday Comes":

"If there is, however, to be a major collapse in our fortunes, it is most likely to come in a courtroom rather than on the pitch with the FA having charged the club with various offences relating to the signing of Argentinian midfielder Alejandro Faurlin in 2009."

They go on talk about Paladini's "colourful past".

The decision isn't to be made until the day before the last game of the season.

Paladini has attracted other investment to QPR, though let's not be fooled by this, as QPR's geographical position aswell as its background would've lent a helping hands. Paladini was a liar, the stories about him playing for Juventus were untrue.

Still. As a liar he would feel at home at Vale eh? haha!

V2001 out!

I always liked Charlie Machin he seemed a decent honest man and had some genuine contacts and as other posters have said it is difficult to imagine Briatore et al coming to Boslem but there were plenty of others out there. As for Palladini being a liar so are Jackson, Bratt and the rest of their rotten crew the difference is they have lead us on a downward spiral. I also agree that administration is the only way to dislodge V2001

I wish those mk lot had bought vale and moveded it to milton keynes. mk valiants mk vale ? maybe at a higher level' new city and a one team city. In the modern age vale can't compete for support and will nmot be able too.

I think its not the fact we are a two club city its the fact that we have been pants for too many years that effects the support. Average crowds are twice what they were last time we were in DIv 4. However these will continue to decline unless the rot stops. Lots of people don't like Stoke but would prefer to spend their dosh enjoying themselves. The solution is on the pitch success breed success. Its just a small matter of winning!

Archived