onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Shots 1 - Vale 3 Post Match Comments

Paul6754

Advert

wow!! we only won 1 of our 1st 7 games and didnt get into the top 3 till the 40th game look at some of the attendances 10,000 against exeter

Yeah. Seems crazy to think about it now, but Rudge was under some pressure that season and the bad start had some calling for his sacking. I remember this particularly against Barnet away. It was a dire performance (after we'd slaughtered them 6-0 with ten men at home) and there was quite a vociferous "Rudge Out" coming from our section. All came right in the end though and a great day out and performance at Brighton!

They spread the play out well in the first half, but we left too much space. Yates was caught out a couple of times, but had a solid second half. I never really worried after our second - even with their 10-15 minutes of pressure before the penalty, I never felt they came too close to scoring.

BTW - did Neal actually do anything?

Also, what were the officials playing at? Throw-in/corner decisions wrong, them fouling us 5 times in a row with nothing given when they were blatant etc. Really poor display.

Didn't he push Danny Hylton over?!

Chesterfield is going to be a massive game now,it COULD see us going top,so i really hope we can get 6,000+ in for that game.

Chesterfield have won their last 3 games and are level with Vale in the form table over the last 8 games.Rico has started scoring for them so we should be in for a cracker on December 8th.

Let's hope so DH cos it's a treat. The last time was 93-94 when we won promotion on the last day of the season at the old Goldstone Ground in Hove. There can't have been many better days, 3-1 win with the winning goal from Foyley right in front of the away end packed with Vale fans. Mental!

Rest of the season was pretty good too, knocking Southampton out of the cup in a replay at Vale Park. It would be nice to see a repeat this season, starting next week. Good summary of the season in wiki for anyone interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993–94_Port_Vale_F.C._season

We were on that pitch every goal that we scored! thousands of us on the pitch at the end, their fans stayed and clapped up. Me and my mate on top of the dugout haha Best day ever!!! A championship trophy at home would top it!

We were on that pitch every goal that we scored! thousands of us on the pitch at the end, their fans stayed and clapped up. Me and my mate on top of the dugout haha Best day ever!!! A championship trophy at home would top it!

They would still try and stop us from going on the pitch even if we won the title.

That's my third favourite Vale game ever (Bristol Rovers P/O final and Spurs FA Cup are 1 & 2 respectively). An amazing day. Their fans were really good natured, not bothered we stayed on the pitch at the end waiting for the players to come out in their directors box.

Archived