onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

V Oxford. Live on Sky.

Spunk Trumpet

It may be controversial but personally I wouldnt drop the price because its on the telly.

If people would prefer to stay at home they will, no matter what reduction is applied. Some will go the pub and get bladdered and watch, others will attend and shout the team on.

I wouldnt drop the price just to get more people to attend either, unless it brings in more revenue.

At the end of the day its a business, a business thats in trouble, giving away whatever sky donate is counterproductive....

The price is set at £20 and should be adhered to.... I think its too much personally... but thats what it is... I think the whole pricing structure should be reconsidered but its not my business so not my decision.

Simply put... if you cant afford to go... dont go..... Would it be a nice gesture?... of course it would... but so would Sainbury's reducing your shopping bill by 50%-75%...

Advert

It may be controversial but personally I wouldnt drop the price because its on the telly.

If people would prefer to stay at home they will, no matter what reduction is applied. Some will go the pub and get bladdered and watch, others will attend and shout the team on.

I wouldnt drop the price just to get more people to attend either, unless it brings in more revenue.

At the end of the day its a business, a business thats in trouble, giving away whatever sky donate is counterproductive....

The price is set at £20 and should be adhered to.... I think its too much personally... but thats what it is... I think the whole pricing structure should be reconsidered but its not my business so not my decision.

Simply put... if you cant afford to go... dont go..... Would it be a nice gesture?... of course it would... but so would Sainbury's reducing your shopping bill by 50%-75%...

Only the hardcore season ticket holders will attend and maybe 500-750 extra paying home fans.

How can you compare it to a supermarket chain?

Id personally like to see 2000 extra pay on the gate customers with a chance they may return.

That is great long term business logic.

I pray you arent one of the seven interested parties!

This is bull****!!

People should just either pay the price or shut up moaning, Gets rate on my nerves moaning about not being able afford, but if it was £15 I could...its an extra fiver?? how can you justify that. People in general need to get a grip and stop being so tight, yeah i understand times are rough but as others have said if you want to do something you sacrifice other things. Last point if your that bothered you would have got a season ticket.

This is bull****!!

People should just either pay the price or shut up moaning, Gets rate on my nerves moaning about not being able afford, but if it was £15 I could...its an extra fiver?? how can you justify that. People in general need to get a grip and stop being so tight, yeah i understand times are rough but as others have said if you want to do something you sacrifice other things. Last point if your that bothered you would have got a season ticket.

Totally agree, get down there next Mon. Get 100 per cent behind the lads and hopefully we can put a show on for the cameras.

UTV

Those who cant afford have a perfectly acceptable reason for not going, full stop.

Those who can afford will only be attracted by good football and a successful team. The only way we will find out if a price reduction will work is by trying it - it doesnt have to be every game. I have my doubts but those who can afford but think its too expensive are perfectly entitled to spend their cash how they wish. If Cameron Clegg have their way I'm sure purse strings are going to be tightening even more.

What I dont agree with is criticising those who dont go, how is that going to get them back? We need every single fan whatever you think of them.

I may grumble a bit but still end up going and many others will do the same.

Those who cant afford have a perfectly acceptable reason for not going, full stop.

Those who can afford will only be attracted by good football and a successful team. The only way we will find out if a price reduction will work is by trying it - it doesnt have to be every game. I have my doubts but those who can afford but think its too expensive are perfectly entitled to spend their cash how they wish. If Cameron Clegg have their way I'm sure purse strings are going to be tightening even more.

What I dont agree with is criticising those who dont go, how is that going to get them back? We need every single fan whatever you think of them.

I may grumble a bit but still end up going and many others will do the same.

The club should look at some kind of ticket promotion for the Sky match and the next match, people will obviously not pay £20 when its on TV, so to get more there look at 2 tickets for the next 2 matches at say £30.

But even Sainsburys, Comet, Next etc have a 'Sale' a few times a year!

Only the hardcore season ticket holders will attend and maybe 500-750 extra paying home fans.

How can you compare it to a supermarket chain?

Id personally like to see 2000 extra pay on the gate customers with a chance they may return.

That is great long term business logic.

I pray you arent one of the seven interested parties!

I didnt compare them.

Archived