onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

V Oxford. Live on Sky.

Spunk Trumpet

Call me a tight wad , but I wouldn't drop the price, if yer going the match go, if yer onner, dunner,getting fed up with these so called fans begging for cheap tickets,reminds me of them scroungers down Hanley.

Bull****.

My father has his 2 girls on a monday night. He would love to go but at 20 quid for him and then is it 12 quid each for under 16s? Thats 44 quid.

Maybe 6 quid spent on refreshments at half time and thats 50 quid.

If he stays in with them in the warmth of their home it costs nothing.

He may be tempted to go though at cheaper prices.

Hes never begged for cheaper tickets and is Vale through and through but you need to get it into your thick skull that people find it much much more difficult to go night matches when they are parents to young children.

Thats why attendances are lower, especially winter night matches.

Sky Tv matches are great opportunities for folk like my dad to watch the vale with his kids without forking out 50 quid before hes even had a pint but like ive said, the club can still tempt these people with cheaper prices.

Think what you are saying next time eh?

Advert

If thats a reference to me then alls i will say is dont come on here moaning when we barely hit 4500 for it.

Wasn't just at you. I'm sick to death of hearing about people who can't afford. If I can't afford and want to go I sacrifice something else to go see my team. And saying six quid on refreshments, it's easy to bring form home or to not have anything. Not a dig at you personally. We are all in the same boat at the end of the day, the recession is horrible, football is an expensive luxury. Vale are in admin, we can't lower the prices all the time.

I have Sky but I'm opening up my wallet and going to the game.

Wasn't just at you. I'm sick to death of hearing about people who can't afford. If I can't afford and want to go I sacrifice something else to go see my team. And saying six quid on refreshments, it's easy to bring form home or to not have anything. Not a dig at you personally. We are all in the same boat at the end of the day, the recession is horrible, football is an expensive luxury. Vale are in admin, we can't lower the prices all the time.

I have Sky but I'm opening up my wallet and going to the game.

Fair play.

But do you have 2 kids and are married?

Its ignorant to just assume that everyone should struggle financially and test their relationship because of their club.

I can do it. My mrs is going spare that im flying over AGAIN for the Burton and Northampton games but apart from her i have no ties.

I sympathise with people like my father who have a choice of spending 50 quid that quite frankly he hasnt really got or watching the game in the comfort of his home.

I can see both sides of the argument but to personally attack supporters like Grebo saying they are like scroungers up Hanley is pathetic and narrow minded.

Like it or not Sam, people do have different priorities in life other than their football club.

Fair play.

But do you have 2 kids and are married?

Its ignorant to just assume that everyone should struggle financially and test their relationship because of their club.

I can do it. My mrs is going spare that im flying over AGAIN for the Burton and Northampton games but apart from her i have no ties.

I sympathise with people like my father who have a choice of spending 50 quid that quite frankly he hasnt really got or watching the game in the comfort of his home.

I can see both sides of the argument but to personally attack supporters like Grebo saying they are like scroungers up Hanley is pathetic and narrow minded.

Like it or not Sam, people do have different priorities in life other than their football club.

That's true I don't have people depending on me (wife or kids) and people do have different situations. But these stories aren't a good justification for the club to lower prices any more than it is for the cinema to lower prices for example. My missus moans that I put football before her all the time. I sympathise with your dad I really do, it's tough.

What's even more frustrating i seeing people on twitter saying "not going cus it's raining, too easy to stay away" That ****s me right off.

Melv,

'No win no pay' vouchers

As its a midweek game we will attract circ 1,500 less than a Saturday match.

Because its live on television who is going to pay £20 over the turnstile? - circ 1,000 less than would normally.

How many are going to come up from Oxford midweek when they could stay at home and watch it? Maybe 200 max.

So on the basis of that - by charging full price we are looking at a home attendance of circ 1,000 to 1,500 paying on the night (home attendance 4,000 - 4,500 - circ £25,000 maximum taken on the night.

So if you make the offer of 'no win - no pay for the next game' at the very least it would attract circ 1,000 to come who would otherwise stay at home i.e. circ £15,000 otherwise not obtained = £40,000 taken through the turnstile on the night.

Use the 'bird in the hand' analogy and the team win then that's 1,000 happy customers who will be back.

If we dont win and have charged full price on the night that is cash in the bank and we would only lose the admission fee if they come back the next game - on our record how many after losing / drawing at home genuinely come back the next home game?

the Dagenham attendance for Vale fans pay on the day was 75% down on the Gillingham match - so the fans we are trying to attract back are known to definitely be floaters. So if they had paid full price on the night they wouldnt be coming back the next game anyway.

Now if we reduce the price to £10 as suggested earlier we would have to INCREASE the pay on the night attendance by 100% just to be at the same financial income as if we had done nothing - that has been proven in the past will never happen (look at the fiver to get in night).

So financially you either do absolutely nothing at all and risk your pay on the nights staying at home whereby the club gets nothing or incentify them to come through the gates on the basis of they get a free game if we dont win - So on the one hand they sit at home pay nothing then possibly pay £20 the next game if they can be bothered to come whilst with the voucher scheme they pay £20 on the night and if we win we attract them to pay £20 for the next match.

Beyond that it would get widespread publicity for those who believe in making football affordable and Sky would give it a lot of publicity because its never been done before.

To be honest, I would have thought that the prospect of making an **** of yourself on live telly would be a very attractive proposition for some of the folk on here. :razz:

I think we may have met? I resemble that remark and shall be attending:laugh:

I like Dave F's idea. Easy to impliment and basically an "no lose" scenario for the Vale.

Love the idea of an incentive! Won't do me too many favours as can't go the saturday game, but if they do one for the 2 games, and someone cant do the Monday but can the Saturday, I don't mind going halves with that person if they wanted!! :) All hypothetical anyway as it stands! :rolleyes:

Sort it out Bobby!

Archived