onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

gary roberts

macca_pvfc

He has no self-confidence, but some of the players have no ability. Both of these problems can be solved with a respectable managerial appointment - by encouraging and off-loading respectively.

I agree with you on the man management aspect...But disagree on the no self confidence, if he concentrated on his training and stop ****ing about he would be more focused on the pitch. I repeat myself its SELF DISCIPLINE.

Advert

Please recognise that our real problems started the day Gannon arrived at the club and slated all the players and said they weren't good enough.

Imagine if your boss did the same. I know what my reaction would be.

Our real problems started when the Bosman ruling came into force, thus preventing the flow of income and spending money on replacements that made John Rudge so successful. Our "real problems" did not start on January 6th this year. As Barry (Aussie Rules) says, it is far too simple to blame all our problems at the feet of one man, especially when some research from the board should have meant he was never employed by us in the position we were in.

I suspect a lot of people do have that problem with their boss, indeed I have had it in the past (thankfully not in my last 2 jobs). I would not pretend to know how you would react, but then again, I suspect you are not paid as well as and revered, mollycoddled and made excuses for in the same way Gary Roberts is. Apologies if I am inaccurate when I say that.

I believe that it is the style of management that suited him under Adams, rather than it necessarily being the manager himself. We need an experienced manager to rekindle Gary's enthusiasm. Though some may argue the scale of that task would mean ignoring the needs of other players.

I've personally bumped into Gary in various local pubs three times in the last month.

All three times he was simply enjoying a quiet civilised night out with mates and other players. He certainly wasn't smashed out of his brains like others are suggesting.

Give the lad a break.

Well said, he's low on form, known for his drinking in the past....so that must be it! Easy answer. Some Vale fans need take a look in their own mirror, lazy **** head is probably very fitting for some of the people who are saying it. And to whoever the guy sitting behind me in the railway stand squealing sarcastically 'come on then superstar' wants to seriously get a grip!!

Well said, he's low on form, known for his drinking in the past....so that must be it! Easy answer. Some Vale fans need take a look in their own mirror, lazy **** head is probably very fitting for some of the people who are saying it. And to whoever the guy sitting behind me in the railway stand squealing sarcastically 'come on then superstar' wants to seriously get a grip!!

probably the same guy that whinges at justin richards everytime the balls goes near him!

Plank!!!

Hang on!!Is this the same Gary Roberts that the crowd were crying out to be included in the team when Gannon was in charge?And irony of ironies,isn't this the same Sam Morsey who couldn't get in the team under Adams and yet was given his chance by Gannon

Hang on!!Is this the same Gary Roberts that the crowd were crying out to be included in the team when Gannon was in charge?And irony of ironies,isn't this the same Sam Morsey who couldn't get in the team under Adams and yet was given his chance by Gannon

They are the very same it would seem and Roberts wouldn't play for Gannon

while Adams no doubt would have released Morsy.

Funny that some have even said that playing two strikers standing next to each other back to goal isn't working while Coleman at Accrington has been

praised often despite playing 4/2/3/1 with one upfront.

Anyway the underqualified "dinner ladies" who are good with cones and bibs are now in charge of the first team and players seem little interested in signing new contract offers untill a proper manager is found if at all.

So it looks like the goalkeeping coach will be the manager next season with an inadequate squad all set for relegation.

V2001 "Blueprint for the Conference".

The players as a whole are responsible for there fitness so even though Gannons methods very crazy they should have stayed behind after training to maintain there sharpness i think the way theyve reacted is like spoilt children they are totally at fault as a group for our failure.

I think that sometimes. If the players were concerned about their fitness going down then could have worked themselves harder in their own time. It is like they will not do anything unless they are specifically instructed to.

Archived