onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

gary roberts

macca_pvfc

Advert

Collins was poor, how many crosses did he put in saturday. Southend were a poor side. What about their goal, If that had been K Taylor people would have slated him. Same rules for every body. In my opinion Collins is a good centre back not l/back,no left foot. We will win saturday. COME ON THE VALE...........

Get shot as quickly as possible. He was useless yesterday and I don't think we will able to carry hime next season, no matter what league we are in. One thing that Gannon did get right was his assessment of Roberts - hopeless !

Problem number 1 is was and still is his drinking.

Problem number 2 is that he is a player who needs to be loved but with strict rules.....we just dont have those around himat the min.

Problem number 3 is the lad is lacking confidence, playing a 60yrd ball is easier when low on confidence than a short pass where is could be lost in a dangerous position...

Problem number 4 is i think he is worried by the amount of pressure on his shoulders, if he has a poor game generally we dont create much else from anyone else in a vale shirt...he is expected to carry our midfield...maybe with everything thats happened..the pressure is weighing on his shoulders.

I find that with these type of players the crucial thing is to get them enjoying their football...gaz at the minute looks like a player who doesnt love playing...and hence his other issues then surface.

Pretty much agree with that. Looked a sad player saturday.

Get shot as quickly as possible. He was useless yesterday and I don't think we will able to carry hime next season, no matter what league we are in. One thing that Gannon did get right was his assessment of Roberts - hopeless !
What a load of tripe. If he is handled correctly he is our ace player.

I'm sorry but Morsey is a good prospect but there is no way Robbo should be left out for him at the present time.

You dont captain England at any level unless you can play. He has problems but at our level he is worth the effort to get him pulling the strings again.

Iv'e spoken to him and the Gannon effect has hit him hard and demoralised him. I also think our fall away since January has hit him hard and though it's easy to say he should move on, we are all made differently.

As the saying goes 'you never miss the water till the well runs dry'. Gary would be sorely missed if he leaves us and I fear that he will. You can say what you like but Gary Roberts is a class act.:yes:

I'm sorry but Morsey is a good prospect but there is no way Robbo should be left out for him at the present time.

You dont captain England at any level unless you can play. He has problems but at our level he is worth the effort to get him pulling the strings again.

Iv'e spoken to him and the Gannon effect has hit him hard and demoralised him. I also think our fall away since January has hit him hard and though it's easy to say he should move on, we are all made differently.

As the saying goes 'you never miss the water till the well runs dry'. Gary would be sorely missed if he leaves us and I fear that he will. You can say what you like but Gary Roberts is a class act.:yes:

I know there is another thread about strikers and imo a nippy, running off a big man or fast down the flanks attacker is what we want and that would suit Gary down to the ground too... Must be one thing having his passing ability yet difficult when your only choice time after time is 2 stationary big men up front, backs to goal, well marked and 30+ yards from goal..

I would imagine the Gannon approach made it even harder for him to play his game..

At this moment in time Morsey is the player on form and would get the nod for me. Roberts was poor again on Saturday with very little going right for him as he was the week before. A class player when his minds on it but it appears he is drowning his sorrows in a pint glass again and when he does that he is no better than the rest of the squad. A gamble that paid off early in the season but he is now reverting to what he has done at his past clubs, a waste but only one person can change that and that is Gary Roberts and it appears he can't.

Boo ****ing hoo. Have a bit of pride man, because at the moment it looks like Gannon was right about him. What use is a player who can only play under Adams, a man who clearly thinks highly enough of him not to take him to play in a team that has won 2 out of 19 games. If us "falling away" since January has hit him hard, maybe he should try doing something about it, like taking responsibility to keep his fitness levels up to scratch in his own time, rather than wallowing in self pity. Is this really what Vale fans view in our so called "heroes". Pathetic! :angry::doh:

Can you imagine a conversation with Andy Porter or Neil Aspin blaming all and sundry for a poor run of form they went on?

If someone of Roberts potential displayed his ability every week he wouldn't be playing in league 2. This is the reality of playing in this division. We have to battle along with what we have and that means sticking with players when they are underperforming. We haven't got the luxury of quality which we can call upon consistently for an entire season.

Boo ****ing hoo. Have a bit of pride man, because at the moment it looks like Gannon was right about him. What use is a player who can only play under Adams, a man who clearly thinks highly enough of him not to take him to play in a team that has won 2 out of 19 games. If us "falling away" since January has hit him hard, maybe he should try doing something about it, like taking responsibility to keep his fitness levels up to scratch in his own time, rather than wallowing in self pity. Is this really what Vale fans view in our so called "heroes". Pathetic! :angry::doh:

Can you imagine a conversation with Andy Porter or Neil Aspin blaming all and sundry for a poor run of form they went on?

You really don't get it do you.

Gannon couldn't manage and Roberts need managing. A bit like Rob Taylor, Marc richards, Justin Richards and most of the others who have totally lost their fitness.

It doesn't help either when our leaders (the board) allow text votes at matches to suggest our next manager. Talk about totally undermining Grew and Horsefield. Players are human and react to their managers.

Please recognise that our real problems started the day Gannon arrived at the club and slated all the players and said they weren't good enough.

Imagine if your boss did the same. I know what my reaction would be.

I know there is another thread about strikers and imo a nippy, running off a big man or fast down the flanks attacker is what we want and that would suit Gary down to the ground too... Must be one thing having his passing ability yet difficult when your only choice time after time is 2 stationary big men up front, backs to goal, well marked and 30+ yards from goal..

I would imagine the Gannon approach made it even harder for him to play his game..

agree completely( theres a first:razz:), someone like fleetwood from hereford

Roberts has no self discipline and obviously no self respect. No doubting his overall ability.....But with no personal commitment its a waste of time.

He has no self-confidence, but some of the players have no ability. Both of these problems can be solved with a respectable managerial appointment - by encouraging and off-loading respectively.

You really don't get it do you.

Gannon couldn't manage and Roberts need managing. A bit like Rob Taylor, Marc richards, Justin Richards and most of the others who have totally lost their fitness.

It doesn't help either when our leaders (the board) allow text votes at matches to suggest our next manager. Talk about totally undermining Grew and Horsefield. Players are human and react to their managers.

Please recognise that our real problems started the day Gannon arrived at the club and slated all the players and said they weren't good enough.

Imagine if your boss did the same. I know what my reaction would be.

My thinking is our problems were well and truly festering long before Jim Gannon came along. For me it's too simplistic to lay blame at the feet of one man.

The real problem started the day the board backed the sulking players and backstabbing coaches over their manager. At that point the players knew they could do whatever they wanted and have been coasting ever since.

Should have kept Jim and kicked team roberts into touch. We'll regret not doing so for a long long time.

Archived