onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

gary roberts

macca_pvfc

Advert

On his day, there's no-one to touch him in this league. The trouble is, those days are becoming fewer and fewer.

If he could just stay off the pop he'd be an asset. As it stands he's a liability and I for one wouldn't let him anywhere near the first team until he gets his head sorted out.

**** head mate back on the pop back on the tables. We know he can play shrewsbury at home he was top of his game but now he is far from it

Problem number 1 is was and still is his drinking.

Problem number 2 is that he is a player who needs to be loved but with strict rules.....we just dont have those around himat the min.

Problem number 3 is the lad is lacking confidence, playing a 60yrd ball is easier when low on confidence than a short pass where is could be lost in a dangerous position...

Problem number 4 is i think he is worried by the amount of pressure on his shoulders, if he has a poor game generally we dont create much else from anyone else in a vale shirt...he is expected to carry our midfield...maybe with everything thats happened..the pressure is weighing on his shoulders.

I find that with these type of players the crucial thing is to get them enjoying their football...gaz at the minute looks like a player who doesnt love playing...and hence his other issues then surface.

Problem number 2 is that he is a player who needs to be loved but with strict rules.....we just dont have those around himat the min.

Problem number 3 is the lad is lacking confidence, playing a 60yrd ball is easier when low on confidence than a short pass where is could be lost in a dangerous position...

Problem number 4 is i think he is worried by the amount of pressure on his shoulders, if he has a poor game generally we dont create much else from anyone else in a vale shirt...he is expected to carry our midfield...maybe with everything thats happened..the pressure is weighing on his shoulders.

I find that with these type of players the crucial thing is to get them enjoying their football...gaz at the minute looks like a player who doesnt love playing...and hence his other issues then surface.

Number 5 if adams was still here he would be out the door

I think Gary would benefit from having Morsy alongside him in a midfield diamond, along with Griff and Loft. Although they weren't so effective today, Collins and Yates can make things happen from the flanks. At the moment it seems as though Morsy and Roberts are in direct competition with eachother, when they could be so much more creative working as a unit which maximises both of their abilities.

I think Gary would benefit from having Morsy alongside him in a midfield diamond, along with Griff and Loft. Although they weren't so effective today, Collins and Yates can make things happen from the flanks. At the moment it seems as though Morsy and Roberts are in direct competition with eachother, when they could be so more creative working as part a unit which maximises both of their abilities.

Agree with that...

Oh what short memories we have!. A few weeks ago you were all drooling about Robbo now he is public enemy number one.

OK he isn't playing well at the moment but to say he was the worst player on the pitch was an insult and a lie. I could name at least half the team who didn't put in a shift yesterday and who were far worse than Gary Roberts. One thing about the lad is he never hides, he runs his socks off as well and that booking yesterday well he earned that because of his unjustified reputation. To me it was just a foul and nothing more sinister, their keeper helped with his 'playing dead' act.

Leave Gary alone he has been pushed from pillar to post since Gannon blighted our lives his was blighted most of all. I for one will be sad to see him leave because if he were to read this thread that is what will happen. Some of you need to think before you hammer your keyboard.

Lets be honest he is our most gifted player he just needs to have an arm put around him and not flogging with a stick. We all know that Gary has a problem but would he be at Port Vale if he hadn't?. Of course not he is a top class player and deserves special handling. Oh I wish I was his 'Gaffer'.

At last a sensible opinion. Well said Brooks:yes:

My memory is unlike a few (i suspect floating supporters) long and i certainly dont have him as any kind of public enemy unlike some of the idiots who i hear and read about. I feel that by leaving him in the team and trying to get him to play through a dip in form it will be more effective than if he rots on the bench.

One pass, one tiny bit of movement from him that works to good effect and Gaz will be back buzzing again. Using this method however requires us fans to play our part and encourage him on the pitch to keep his head up.

Oh what short memories we have!. A few weeks ago you were all drooling about Robbo now he is public enemy number one.

OK he isn't playing well at the moment but to say he was the worst player on the pitch was an insult and a lie. I could name at least half the team who didn't put in a shift yesterday and who were far worse than Gary Roberts. One thing about the lad is he never hides, he runs his socks off as well and that booking yesterday well he earned that because of his unjustified reputation. To me it was just a foul and nothing more sinister, their keeper helped with his 'playing dead' act.

Leave Gary alone he has been pushed from pillar to post since Gannon blighted our lives his was blighted most of all. I for one will be sad to see him leave because if he were to read this thread that is what will happen. Some of you need to think before you hammer your keyboard.

Lets be honest he is our most gifted player he just needs to have an arm put around him and not flogging with a stick. We all know that Gary has a problem but would he be at Port Vale if he hadn't?. Of course not he is a top class player and deserves special handling. Oh I wish I was his 'Gaffer'.

Morsey due a run till the end of the season, over five or six performances he'll produce more.

IF I offered Roberts a new contract it would involve regular and random breathalizer tests. Not sure he's worth the effort though.

He owes a lot of people at Vale, including a whole bunch of fans who have supported him above Gannon and generally had a lot more patience with hm than I have.

Too high maintenance.

Archived