onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Mickey Adams an asset for the club

monkey pants

He arrested the inevitable slide to the Vauxhall conference post Sinnott/Glover. Also, but perhaps you missed it, there were a couple of weeks last season after the points deduction when if results had gone the wrong way Vale could have been embroiled in a relegation fight, MA provided consistency and a level head to help guide the club through that period. During the last months of MOLD and the administration process MA again provided leadership and direction.

.....so where have Sam Morsy, Joe davis, Kingsley james and Sam Johnson etc come from....the moon?, have you ever thought that the money isn't there for a "Crewe style academy" Could you explain the short over long term thing. .

So in terms of achievements: he didn't get us relegated in his first season. Well, how grateful we must be. What a wonderful accomplishment. As for last season, only the extreme pessimists (of which there are many) ever thought we were in a relegation fight. The kind that say "I can't see where our next point is coming from! If we lose our next x games and Barnet and Lincoln win their next x, we're in deep trouble!" The kind that have very little idea of how outrageously improbable such a run is. The kind that have knee-jerk reactions and start talking about relegation following every defeat. So no, I didn't miss it (nor did I miss the Blue Square conference sponsorship deal).

How many games have Morsy et al played under Adams? He's not interested in developing footballers, he just wants six-footers that can run and compete - he even admits as much. He only signed one of them, and he's played all of 5 minutes. Crewe are not the only team that can develop young players, nor did I intimate that I wanted us to operate on that level. If you're going to make such foolish assumptions, it's not the best idea to attempt to patronise me in such a f eckless manner.

Finally... I said I could understand [the love of Adams] if he was a likeable guy.. not that it's necessary to have a likeable manager.. you're such hard work that I regret wasting 5 minutes of my life on this reply.

(The swear filters on this site are embarrassing, 'f eck' is censored? Really?)

Advert

and theres me thinking no 1 ever slates the club anymore :doh:

how about we get behind the team, including micky!

How have I slated the club? I'm fascinated to know how you came to such a conclusion.

For the record, I slated the club extensively many years back on here. I was very unhappy with the direction V2001 were taking us. As I'm sure you can imagine, the masses weren't impressed.

Lucky to have him, are we ****. What exactly has he achieved? What has he built at Port Vale? And how did he 'hold the club together' - by whinging to the papers every 10 seconds? By getting involved in politics to the detriment of the club?

With Adams, it's all about the promotion. He doesn't care about the long-term (I wonder why...), it's all short-termism, and if he doesn't achieve that promotion then he's a waste of money. We haven't even come close yet, haven't even finished in the playoffs. Finishing in the top seven of this league is not a great achievement by any means, but he hasn't yet managed it. I do think he's capable of a promotion, and hopefully this is the year. But every year that we don't achieve it, we're going nowhere, because he doesn't develop players, isn't interested in youth, it'll just be a new crop of journeymen each time.

It's funny reading this site at times, for a great many Adams seems to be met with the reverence of a club icon that has brought great success and shown tremendous service. Rather than being an average, mercenary manager that has achieved NOTHING at Port Vale and wrecked our chances of a first promotion since 1994 by walking out in his second season. I could understand it if he was a likeable guy - but he really isn't! Maybe the likes of Sinnott and Glover have conditioned people to think that Adams is a top quality manager, rather than simply being capable, decent.

Totally agree.....

So in terms of achievements: he didn't get us relegated in his first season. Well, how grateful we must be. What a wonderful accomplishment. As for last season, only the extreme pessimists (of which there are many) ever thought we were in a relegation fight. The kind that say "I can't see where our next point is coming from! If we lose our next x games and Barnet and Lincoln win their next x, we're in deep trouble!" The kind that have very little idea of how outrageously improbable such a run is. The kind that have knee-jerk reactions and start talking about relegation following every defeat. So no, I didn't miss it (nor did I miss the Blue Square conference sponsorship deal).

How many games have Morsy et al played under Adams? He's not interested in developing footballers, he just wants six-footers that can run and compete - he even admits as much. He only signed one of them, and he's played all of 5 minutes. Crewe are not the only team that can develop young players, nor did I intimate that I wanted us to operate on that level. If you're going to make such foolish assumptions, it's not the best idea to attempt to patronise me in such a f eckless manner.

Finally... I said I could understand [the love of Adams] if he was a likeable guy.. not that it's necessary to have a likeable manager.. you're such hard work that I regret wasting 5 minutes of my life on this reply.

Typical selective poster just picks the points that fits his argument. Oh and by the way, I don't think Shuker is 6' tall.

Look, at the end of the day for the first time since he's been in charge he has had the chance to sign decent players. Hopefully the team will gel and we will do very well. From MA's point of view though, there are no more excuses- we have to be competitive next term, if not....

do we need this thread ?

Comments like this do my **** in.

If the guy wants to make a thread about Micky Adams who a lot of people still rightly or wrongly have problem with him why shouldn't he? It is a fan forum right?

The only reason it should be closed is the appalling spelling of the word rapport...

If the guy wants to make a thread about Micky Adams who a lot of people still rightly or wrongly have problem with him why shouldn't he? It is a fan forum right?

The only reason it should be closed is the appalling spelling of the word rapport...

True. The only reason forums like this work is because people have different opinions, if we all agreed then it would be so boring! Read above, I don't agree with the Riddlers posts but he puts across a reasoned argument with considered points backing up his statements. I only think it's a waste of time when people rip into other posters for no reason and stray from the point at hand. Live & let live I say

I think next season will be the right time to judge Micky, it's all been a bit mental since he arrived, well no, it was mad before but we all loved him initially and rightly so but you have to remember he inherited the Dog and Duck and most managers with an ounce of footballing nous would have improved us and he certainly did, I remember after we beat Sheffield Wednesday in the cup thinking we had really turned the corner and that we had dropped on with the right man, but then he left and our wise board appointed mad Jim, Micky then returned to the madhouse but didn't make the same impact IMO, but now it's a fresh start with the inept barking mad board out of the way and all the distractions that went with it, he now has a new beginning and hopefully a decent budget, we shall now see how good a manager he is!

I think next season will be the right time to judge Micky, it's all been a bit mental since he arrived, well no, it was mad before but we all loved him initially and rightly so but you have to remember he inherited the Dog and Duck and most managers with an ounce of footballing nous would have improved us and he certainly did, I remember after we beat Sheffield Wednesday in the cup thinking we had really turned the corner and that we had dropped on with the right man, but then he left and our wise board appointed mad Jim, Micky then returned to the madhouse but didn't make the same impact IMO, but now it's a fresh start with the inept barking mad board out of the way and all the distractions that went with it, he now has a new beginning and hopefully a decent budget, we shall now see how good a manager he is!

Absolutely sppot on

Nothing more to add

Agree with all that.

So in terms of achievements: he didn't get us relegated in his firsTyt season. Well, how grateful we must be. What a wonderful accomplishment. As for last season, only the extreme pessimists (of which there are many) ever thought we were in a relegation fight. The kind that say "I can't see where our next point is coming from! If we lose our next x games and Barnet and Lincoln win their next x, we're in deep trouble!" The kind that have very little idea of how outrageously improbable such a run is. The kind that have knee-jerk reactions and start talking about relegation following every defeat. So no, I didn't miss it (nor did I miss the Blue Square conference sponsorship deal).

you really are a angry young boy arnt you

but wasnt it only a few weeks ago that we had a similar thread , same arguments ,same posts. gets a bit tedious

Archived