onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Mickey Adams an asset for the club

monkey pants

Advert

Lucky to have him, are we ****. What exactly has he achieved? What has he built at Port Vale? And how did he 'hold the club together' - by whinging to the papers every 10 seconds? By getting involved in politics to the detriment of the club?

With Adams, it's all about the promotion. He doesn't care about the long-term (I wonder why...), it's all short-termism, and if he doesn't achieve that promotion then he's a waste of money. We haven't even come close yet, haven't even finished in the playoffs. Finishing in the top seven of this league is not a great achievement by any means, but he hasn't yet managed it. I do think he's capable of a promotion, and hopefully this is the year. But every year that we don't achieve it, we're going nowhere, because he doesn't develop players, isn't interested in youth, it'll just be a new crop of journeymen each time.

It's funny reading this site at times, for a great many Adams seems to be met with the reverence of a club icon that has brought great success and shown tremendous service. Rather than being an average, mercenary manager that has achieved NOTHING at Port Vale and wrecked our chances of a first promotion since 1994 by walking out in his second season. I could understand it if he was a likeable guy - but he really isn't! Maybe the likes of Sinnott and Glover have conditioned people to think that Adams is a top quality manager, rather than simply being capable, decent.

Lucky to have him, are we ****. What exactly has he achieved? What has he built at Port Vale? And how did he 'hold the club together' - by whinging to the papers every 10 seconds? By getting involved in politics to the detriment of the club?

With Adams, it's all about the promotion. He doesn't care about the long-term (I wonder why...), it's all short-termism, and if he doesn't achieve that promotion then he's a waste of money. We haven't even come close yet, haven't even finished in the playoffs. Finishing in the top seven of this league is not a great achievement by any means, but he hasn't yet managed it. I do think he's capable of a promotion, and hopefully this is the year. But every year that we don't achieve it, we're going nowhere, because he doesn't develop players, isn't interested in youth, it'll just be a new crop of journeymen each time.

It's funny reading this site at times, for a great many Adams seems to be met with the reverence of a club icon that has brought great success and shown tremendous service. Rather than being an average, mercenary manager that has achieved NOTHING at Port Vale and wrecked our chances of a first promotion since 1994 by walking out in his second season. I could understand it if he was a likeable guy - but he really isn't! Maybe the likes of Sinnott and Glover have conditioned people to think that Adams is a top quality manager, rather than simply being capable, decent.

Spot on! - a realistic poster on OVF! - I would give up you will be knocking when no one is in on ere generally.

Mickey is a massive asset to us, just look what happened when he went! we are a league 2 club and the fans who dont believe in him are just been greedy. We were 2nd when he left and certain to go up, and since his return he got us heading back up the table until admin. Now hes finally in a position to build a squad more than capable of getting us promoted, so get behind mickeys boys. We were spoilt in the 90s with exciting wingers and its that attacking football which we havent seen at vale park for a long time but this is league 2 and we arent going to get that quality week in week out. i for one dont want the likes of glover, sinnott and gannon managing us.

He arrested the inevitable slide to the Vauxhall conference post Sinnott/Glover. Also, but perhaps you missed it, there were a couple of weeks last season after the points deduction when if results had gone the wrong way Vale could have been embroiled in a relegation fight, MA provided consistency and a level head to help guide the club through that period. During the last months of MOLD and the administration process MA again provided leadership and direction.

With Adams, ......He doesn't care about the long-term (I wonder why...), it's all short-termism, .....because he doesn't develop players, isn't interested in youth, .....so where have Sam Morsy, Joe davis, Kingsley james and Sam Johnson etc come from....the moon?, have you ever thought that the money isn't there for a "Crewe style academy" Could you explain the short over long term thing. .

Why do you have to like MA, do you know him personally. It is funny reading this site at times.

absolutely spot on can't disagree with any of that quality.

YEP ... Sure am... Fed up with the FL still got their fingers stuck up their ass not giving us the green light so we can talk about sensible things instead of this crap AGAIN ...

Seems to be keeping you occupied though;)

and theres me thinking no 1 ever slates the club anymore :doh:

how about we get behind the team, including micky!

Archived