onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season tickets issues

I think the teams that visit this season will have some more unsavoury elements. Our stint in League One was blessed with better visitors. I guarantee that won't happen this season. The new measures will be strongly tested
Which teams have more unsavoury elements than bolton, Portsmouth, Derby, etc ? You're talking wet, mate. Maybe the Accrington ultras ha ha ha.
  • Like 1

Advert

On 14/05/2024 at 10:54, Killersrevenge44 said:

Port Vale are capable of 11,000 fans (before away supporters) 

5,000 in the paddock

3,000 in the Lorne street

3,000 in the Hamill

Just set the right price. Also, the club could actually offer a season ticket holder the right to bring a guest by paying an increment.

Its about promoting the club to people who haven't been able to afford it one way or another. I don't see this vision from the club with their recent price policy for the new season. 

Lorne St doesn't hold 3000

On 15/05/2024 at 13:26, Vtid said:

Are the payments split over 3 direct debits or will there be a upfront payment 1-15 June do you know mate? 

You pay your first on 5th June and your second and third when Loft scores his next two goals. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lydiatevaliant said:

The club's apparent mission to ensure there's no banter whatsoever between home and away supporters seems to be gathering pace. The end blocks of the Paddock and Railway Stand near the Bycars now appear to be closing for next season. Saves money on the toilets though so it's all good. 🙄

Not mentioned at the supporters meeting. Can’t say I’m shocked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lydiatevaliant said:

The club's apparent mission to ensure there's no banter whatsoever between home and away supporters seems to be gathering pace. The end blocks of the Paddock and Railway Stand near the Bycars now appear to be closing for next season. Saves money on the toilets though so it's all good. 🙄 

We have our season tickets the next block along. Where have you seen this announcement? Will be disappointed if we can’t renew our seats there.

Sorry but don’t understand how closing off those blocks saves money on the toilets, aren’t they building a new toilet block - for the Paddock at least?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

We have our season tickets the next block along. Where have you seen this announcement? Will be disappointed if we can’t renew our seats there.

Sorry but don’t understand how closing off those blocks saves money on the toilets, aren’t they building a new toilet block - for the Paddock at least?

The club have emailed season ticket holders in the end couple of blocks of the Paddock and Railway Stand to say they're planning on closing those areas next season. The reasons cited are to improve the atmosphere and to save money on additional toilet facilities not being required (presumably because the capacity will be lower). I think that's additional toilets to those in the new block being built.

I guess the intention is also to save money on stewarding but that isn't mentioned.

Curious how the chief exec failed to mention this at the forum. Rather makes a mockery of the claims about wanting to improve communication.

Edited by lydiatevaliant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lydiatevaliant said:

The club have emailed season ticket holders in the end couple of blocks of the Paddock and Railway Stand to say they're planning on closing those areas next season. The reasons cited are to improve the atmosphere and to save money on additional toilet facilities not being required (presumably because the capacity will be lower). I think that's additional toilets to those in the new block being built.

I guess the intention is also to save money on stewarding but that isn't mentioned.

Curious how the chief exec failed to mention this at the forum. Rather makes a mockery of the claims about wanting to improve communication.

Lydiate,

You seem to be criticising a communication for not improving communication?

Maybe the decision hadn’t been made at the time of the Q&A, but is being communicated to supporters now that it has?

I don’t know but neither do you.

If you think it’s enough of a problem, you could send an email to Matt Hancock to ask him.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Lydiate,

You seem to be criticising a communication for not improving communication?

Maybe the decision hadn’t been made at the time of the Q&A, but is being communicated to supporters now that it has?

I don’t know but neither do you.

If you think it’s enough of a problem, you could send an email to Matt Hancock to ask him.

Except it isn't being widely communicated is it? There's no website article or social media post about it. It's only come to light from the club emailing the season ticket holders affected. Shouldn't the club be bringing this proposal to the attention of as many supporters as possible before potentially closing a third of one side of the ground?

Edited by lydiatevaliant
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, lydiatevaliant said:

Except it isn't being widely communicated is it? There's no website article or social media post about it. It's only come to light from the club emailing the season ticket holders affected. Shouldn't the club be bringing this proposal to the attention of as many supporters as possible before potentially closing a third of one side of the ground?

All the STs affected have been Emailed, any decision may depend on the response.  Is it likely that the Railway will be more than 2/3s full this season? No doubt the seats could be opened up in the event of a massive cup game.  Viewing many L1 and L2 grounds on TV last season many clubs appear to close large areas to save costs, why waste money when it can be used elsewhere?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lydiatevaliant said:

You are right to question this. 

How could  losing the major part of a major stand not be communicated when the time lines are so close together. 

As mentioned before, the club have got their approach to looking to the future all wrong and should show more ambition to fill the ground. 

No ambition no vision. 

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rob1983 said:
6 hours ago, nodge said:
I think the teams that visit this season will have some more unsavoury elements. Our stint in League One was blessed with better visitors. I guarantee that won't happen this season. The new measures will be strongly tested

Which teams have more unsavoury elements than bolton, Portsmouth, Derby, etc ? You're talking wet, mate. Maybe the Accrington ultras ha ha ha.

Swindon?