onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

It’s not Darren’s fault but he can get us bouncing back

It's not Darren's fault .

Lol I think you find it is.

He chooses the players the formation(its a one not a variety maybe 2 at most in his time here )

Love the optimism but unless we bring in winners and move on losers we will continue to plummet .

Not been negative just saying what I see .

My opinion should not have sacked Crosby after transfer window .

It was ludicrous and its was too late to change anything .

Let's face it overall Crosby did a better job than Moore the last time I saw Vale score bar Exeter was v Charlton, and if I'm.going go over games overall performances Crosby got more out of the players than Moore did to be honest apart from Bristol Rovers game and first half v Exeter the overall application desire and will to win was worse under Moore and it resulted in not just a relegation it resulted in a embarrassing tame effort to stay in league on observation. 

It's gone now but crikey I never thought DM would be a poor a man motivator as what he is 

Who has improved under him ?

Walters and Dipepa were already getting better because of Crosby .

Chislett played better under Crosby.

Garrity played better under Crosby .

Most of the others are at best average, to mediocre and they didn't play well for either. 

So explain to me with a lot of them still in contract how players with a losing mentality and no way of showing any way of breaking that habit are going to  all of a sudden be world beaters

I think not 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

Advert

8 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

It's not Darren's fault .

Lol I think you find it is.

He chooses the players the formation(its a one not a variety maybe 2 at most in his time here )

Love the optimism but unless we bring in winners and move on losers we will continue to plummet .

Not been negative just saying what I see .

My opinion should not have sacked Crosby after transfer window .

It was ludicrous and its was too late to change anything .

Let's face it overall Crosby did a better job than Moore the last time I saw Vale score bar Exeter was v Charlton, and if I'm.going go over games overall performances Crosby got more out of the players than Moore did to be honest apart from Bristol Rovers game and first half v Exeter the overall application desire and will to win was worse under Moore and it resulted in not just a relegation it resulted in a embarrassing tame effort to stay in league on observation. 

It's gone now but crikey I never thought DM would be a poor a man motivator as what he is 

Who has improved under him ?

Walters and Dipepa were already getting better because of Crosby .

Chislett played better under Crosby.

Garrity played better under Crosby .

Most of the others are at best average, to mediocre and they didn't play well for either. 

So explain to me with a lot of them still in contract how players with a losing mentality and no way of showing any way of breaking that habit are going to  all of a sudden be world beaters

I think not 

Crosby had Devine and Arblaster. Moore did not.

Even with Devine and Arblaster, Vale were still total crap.

Moore never signed any of the players where Crosby had a say in all the players that we signed.

Under Crosby, we lost 7-0 to a team.

Under Crosby, we went almost 3 months without a win

Under Crosby, we dropped like a stone from second in the table to 5th from bottom

And I keep adding but it gets boring talking about the same thing over and over again

• Like 6

I think he came in and quickly realised that he was working with a bunch of losers.

He'll earn his 8k/week regardless of which division we're in so he's probably made the decision to accept the relegation in order to bring in his own players and have an easier job in L2 next season than L1. He'll get more credit for finishing top half of L2 next season than 18th in L1. 

Good luck to him. Impressively for a man who's been here for over 2 months he's still yet to make a substitution that's had a positive impact on any game. Remarkable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Moore knew before he came we were more than likely be league 2 bound given the unbalanced squad DF had recruited , but he tried to squeeze what he could out if squad but they let us all down.  Ben G had to play holding midfield and he’s not as effective at that as he’s as an attacking midfielder, it not more not getting anything out of him but his role changed , chissy is a luxury who blows hot and cold . I believe if Moore  is here the squad will be so different and hopefully we will of signed a strikers who know where goal is . Loft no issue with him being 4th striker in a league 2 side .

• Like 1

I was at the McAlpine for Warnock’s last game in charge of Town and it was clear that the manager they already had was wringing every last drop from a very limited group of players, to put it politely. I’m not surprised Moore wasn’t able to get a tune out of them, as he hasn’t done with us.

Considering where he was in the summer after Wednesday’s promotion, Moore and his agent picked his next two roles extremely poorly.

Whether or not this is Moore’s fault, and whether Moore is the right man for us going forward, are two separate issues. I still have my doubts about the latter and whether both us and him are the right fit for each other. 

• Like 3

Mid August to Mid September = best football I can remember seeing at Vale. That was 10 players other than Arblaster as well. Psychology and momentum are huge in football. For me, a good manager would have got a tune out of that squad and we should have stayed up. It’s gone now but Moore is far from starting with a clean slate, he’s got it all to do to get me back on board. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

I think he came in and quickly realised that he was working with a bunch of losers.

He'll earn his 8k/week regardless of which division we're in so he's probably made the decision to accept the relegation in order to bring in his own players and have an easier job in L2 next season than L1. He'll get more credit for finishing top half of L2 next season than 18th in L1. 

Good luck to him. Impressively for a man who's been here for over 2 months he's still yet to make a substitution that's had a positive impact on any game. Remarkable. 

Spot on 

He wasn't bothered about being relegated and neither were the players cause they all had a ready made excuse DAVID FLITCROFT .

He be getting blame for it yet in that period when banging 3 goals in every home  game under Crosby (something we haven't done with Moore)he should have being getting praised as you could see that Devine had settled and was ready push Vale, on he left ,Uche got injured and bad attitudes and sulking cannot be arsed players was the outcome resulting in flitcroft getting it from majority (not me may I add as I knew the players would use DF as  a ready made excuse for losing games once DF was fired ).

That's how it turned out you cannot tell me any different I've seen it with my own eyes .

A surrender of league 1 football .

A embarrassment to the faithful loyal and hardcore 

Port Vale 23 /24

• Like 3

Impossible to judge any manager fairly until they’ve bought their own players in to enable them to implement their preferred style of play.  We did play some decent football at times earlier this season but common sense would tell anyone that without goals from forwards who can hit the back of the net with some regularity it’s always going to be a struggle, and so it proved.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Valiant62 said:

Mid August to Mid September = best football I can remember seeing at Vale.  board. 

Was it really? I came on here after every one of those games saying I can not see what everyone else can see and we are in serious trouble.

Also, what happened to the following 3 months? 

A good manager would of got a tune out of a side with the likes of Arblaster & Devine in the side for those 3 months and would have got at least 3 wins that would have kept us up.

1 hour ago, Dipepa delight said:

Spot on 

He wasn't bothered about being relegated and neither were the players cause they all had a ready made excuse DAVID FLITCROFT .

He be getting blame for it yet in that period when banging 3 goals in every home  game under Crosby (something we haven't done with Moore)he should have being getting praised as you could see that Devine had settled and was ready push Vale, on he left ,Uche got injured and bad attitudes and sulking cannot be arsed players was the outcome resulting in flitcroft getting it from majority (not me may I add as I knew the players would use DF as  a ready made excuse for losing games once DF was fired ).

That's how it turned out you cannot tell me any different I've seen it with my own eyes .

A surrender of league 1 football .

A embarrassment to the faithful loyal and hardcore 

Port Vale 23 /24

Again, forget about the 3 months Crosby went without a win and the number of games it was Port Vale Nil.

Forget about how we easily surrendered at home to Cheltenham then away to Carlisle & Fleetwood.

Stop making tripe up Phil

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Again, forget about the 3 months Crosby went without a win and the number of games it was Port Vale Nil.

Wasn't the club record nearly broken for going most games/minutes without scoring a goal. Something like no goals in 7 consecutive games?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Do you think under Moore, we will go the the whole summer without signing 2 or 3 strikers?

I personally don't

Do you think that will be more to the fact that Flitcroft has gone?

Also, we signed 3 strikers last summer, 4 if you include the loanee, Thomas. Problem is that it was Uche, who cannot pass a fitness test at any other club, Loft is the worst league striker I have seen at any club and that includes Perry and Wilson who we didn’t want and then did when we couldn’t get anyone else.

Another 3 signings like that this summer and we will be joining FGR in the conference.