onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Prices - Next Season

TEXAS

Advert

Feel like it needs some imagination from a marketing perspective. When Mike Aldridge was commercial manager a few years ago, when we were really crap, the Target 5000 thing really worked. I know Mike and he now owns his own very successful business, so clearly has solid business ideas. Do we have a marketing director or work with an agency? It just feels like the whole marketing of the club is quite haphazard and ad hoc rather than joined up thinking.

I just think freezing prices is a bit lazy and isn't really going to entice people after this season.

• Like 4

Call yourself fans 
Fair play to the lads who are loyal to the club we support through thick and thin not just when we get promoted 
The owners have a massive task ahead made even worse with a very fickle fan base 

Whilst I totally agree with you, unfortunately there will always be floating fans who will usually only go when the team is doing well. These are the people we need to attend regularly if we want to incrementally increase our fan base. They need to have reason to spend their hard earned with the club....the club can't just rely on the blind loyalty of the hardcore support.
  • Like 3

Just now, Packmoor_vale said:

I’m here at the ground

What u trying say??

That the conceited "Call yourself fans" song and dance is pretty boring when earlier today you said "<ovf censored> that" regarding going a Vale game.

• Like 7

Just now, Doha said:

That the conceited "Call yourself fans" song and dance is pretty boring when earlier today you said "<ovf censored> that" regarding going a Vale game.

That’s away at Bolton big difference to buying a season ticket year after we go down 

12 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

That’s away at Bolton big difference to buying a season ticket year after we go down

This season we went 11 games and then 14 games between winning a league match. Loft, Debrah, Sang, Lowe, Grant, Jones, Iacovitti and Ojo are still in contract. I think it's pretty reasonable and doesn't make someone a lesser fan if they wait and see how the summer goes before throwing away several hundred quid on another season of abject misery, this time at L2 level enjoying the prestige of Crawley and Bromley on a Tuesday night and being lowered back down through incompetence and neglect in 3 consecutive transfer windows to Walsall and Swindon's level.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 6

Adam Yates hit the nail on the head. 
When you’ve got players on 100k+ a year like we have, who are under contract for next season,  and not just a small amount of players either, then you’ve got to find clubs for them. And when those clubs offer them 50k a year, they will stay here and take their wage! And I don’t blame the player. Flitcrofts mess that Carol couldn’t see.

So there’s a huge chance we could go into next season with the majority of this squad and the kids (who won’t be physically good enough for league two).

So, I have to say, the timing of todays announcement regarding STs was very strange. Because if people are going to fork out over 300 quid to watch this shower of <ovf censored>, then they must be on another planet or just want to virtue signal because they’ve bought a season ticket. 
There should have been thought and a proper marketing plan after the <ovf censored> of a season but they’ve even got that wrong!

Good luck with selling 2500. Plus almost empty away ends week in week out. 

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Call yourself fans 

Fair play to the lads who are loyal to the club we support through thick and thin not just when we get promoted 

The owners have a massive task ahead made even worse with a very fickle fan base 

So people who can’t afford a season ticket aren’t fans? Or those who can only make so many games due to work or family reasons? Would be daft for me to buy a season ticket when I have my children every other weekend & can’t make all the games so I’ll pick & choose. Fair play to anyone who attends all home or both home & away games next season but it makes them no more of a fan than me, just like I’m no more of a fan than someone who can only make 3-5 games next season 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 7