onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 16th April

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Saw the highlights on YouTube of that game. The first Burton goal hit the lads back and went in. He wasn't even facing the goal. The sending off was given by the lino. Must of been an off the ball incident. That killed the game and Burton got a well worked second goal.

I'd swap Cheltenham and Reading at home and Fleetwood away with our fixtures all day long unfortunately. 

Reading’s a tough game. Drawn with Lincoln and Barnsley, and only lost 1 in 6.

A Vale win and Cheltenham win tonight and it probably goes to the last day - where we have to better Burton’s result against Fleetwood. 

It’s obviously all reliant on us winning a game - tall order!

• Like 1

Advert

I’m amongst the most cynical, pessimistic football fans going, but far weirder things have happened in football than Port Vale getting 4 more points than Burton across the next 3 games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What I cannot get me head round and if we go down it will annoy me greatly is on the touchline and pitch second half No player or member of management altered or tried to stop the game from ending in defeat .

Surely if on pitch players recognise where the games heading and do something about it so not all on Moore there  there grown men surely they shouldn't need showing .

Anyway enjoy the game if ON Be a blessing if gets called OFF it bad weather comes which it may. 

TUESDAY ENOUGH send fear into all Vale hearts .

Edited by Dipepa delight

2 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

What I cannot get me head round and if we go down it will annoy me greatly is on the touchline and pitch second half No player or member of management altered or tried to stop the game from ending in defeat .

Surely if on pitch players recognise where the games heading and do something about it so not all on Moore there  there grown men surely they shouldn't need showing .

Anyway enjoy the game if ON Be a blessing if gets called OFF it bad weather comes which it may. 

TUESDAY ENOUGH send fear into all Vale hearts .

Bad weather? 🤣

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

I believed that, but Burton showed against Stevenage they are capable of a nasty, tough to beat performance that could see them through. That’s how we should have played the 2nd half against Exeter, low tempo, time wasting, staying behind the ball…

Moore just said carry on like the 1st half, which was simply stupid. We couldn’t keep that tempo up for 90. 

It just seems we have given the job to another prat. 

Exactly Mate why are these other fans rating Moore, he’s won 5 games out of almost 40 at 2 Different Clubs.

He has not got the ability to improve players either individually or collectively.

Under Crosby at least in some home matches like Portsmouth, Bolton and Derby we hung on in and kept batting.

Under this Manager as soon as we concede that’s game over.

I may be wrong but under Moore we haven’t got 1 Point out of a game when we have conceded.

Moore Lovers let that sink in .

In my opinion Moore is another Flitcroft and unfortunately has conned our owner following 3 Hours of Bull**** over a Zoom Call.

He came in and on first Interview he said he was Honoured to be the Manager of Port Vale, he wil align the club, Staff, Players and Fans and fight as one.

What a load of ********

He needs the Fans, then at the Final Whistle on Saturday he doesn’t even acknowledge them, he just disappears down the Tunnel and gives is Usual Cringeworthy Interviews.

Vale Fans Deserve a lot better than this.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Exactly Mate why are these other fans rating Moore, he’s won 5 games out of almost 40 at 2 Different Clubs.

He has not got the ability to improve players either individually or collectively.

Under Crosby at least in some home matches like Portsmouth, Bolton and Derby we hung on in and kept batting.

I may be wrong but under Moore we haven’t got 1 Point out of a game when we have conceded.

In my opinion Moore is another Flitcroft and unfortunately has conned our owner following 3 Hours of Bull**** over a Zoom Call.

He came in and on first Interview he said he was Honoured to be the Manager of Port Vale, he wil align the club, Staff, Players and Fans and fight as one.

What a load of ********

He needs the Fans, then at the Final Whistle on Saturday he doesn’t even acknowledge them, he just disappears down the Tunnel and gives is Usual Cringeworthy Interviews.

Moore lovers? 
I ain’t seen one post since his appointment that resembles that some fans love him 

I’m going tonight I don’t want to but feel as though I should be there 

Bolton can do one though <ovf censored> that 

Edited by Packmoor_vale
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JS Valiant said:

What a load of ********

Firstly I cannot condemn a Manager who hasn’t even had one transfer window during his tenure. Secondly I don’t blame him going down the tunnel at FT as who wants a load of abuse from fans - I’d do the same! 
No managerial appointment is guaranteed, all you can go on is past performance and other than Huddersfield, he has a reasonable record.

The reason we will be relegated is abysmal recruitment by the previous regime. We decided to offload the likes of Worrall, Pett, Hall, Proctor and Benning for far inferior players.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Firstly I cannot condemn a Manager who hasn’t even had one transfer window during his tenure. Secondly I don’t blame him going down the tunnel at FT as who wants a load of abuse from fans - I’d do the same! 
No managerial appointment is guaranteed, all you can go on is past performance and other than Huddersfield, he has a reasonable record.

The reason we will be relegated is abysmal recruitment by the previous regime. We decided to offload the likes of Worrall, Pett, Hall, Proctor and Benning for far inferior players.

Look where them players are now, 2 not regulars in fellow League One Sides and the others in League 2 which is their Level.

Worrall a few years ago was alright but the past couple of seasons.

If we had played all them players you mentioned we would have been below Carlisle.

The only League One Quality Players we have in my opinion are Grant, Wilson and Ojo but the first 2 unfortunately are not fit enough and the other one doesn’t want to play under Moore I wonder why !

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Wynne is an odd one, as i posted the rules unless changed very recently meant a free agent could only be signed into the last Thursday in March, so maybe thats why he hasn't made the squad?

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Wynne is an odd one, as i posted the rules unless changed very recently meant a free agent could only be signed into the last Thursday in March, so maybe thats why he hasn't made the squad?

Apologies if it is the case that he can’t play.

But I am sure Moore said on one of his interviews he would be available for the final 4 games.

15 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Apologies if it is the case that he can’t play.

But I am sure Moore said on one of his interviews he would be available for the final 4 games.

Just seems odd as now down to 3, no sign of him and the rules certainly until last season would have seen him ineligible unless theres a loophole?

On a side note with the diversion in place I ended up driving down Federation Road, and saw some car parks opposite Lidl Vale fans were parking in, looked more secure. Anyone know the charges on those as couldn't see anything so didn't risk it?

52 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Look where them players are now, 2 not regulars in fellow League One Sides and the others in League 2 which is their Level.

Worrall a few years ago was alright but the past couple of seasons.

If we had played all them players you mentioned we would have been below Carlisle.

The only League One Quality Players we have in my opinion are Grant, Wilson and Ojo but the first 2 unfortunately are not fit enough and the other one doesn’t want to play under Moore I wonder why !

So our two top scorers in a poor side in garrity & Chislet can’t hack this level but Wilson who’s scored about 7 in 2 seasons & Grant who has been awful can? Good riddance to the three you’ve just mentioned 👋🏻  A fully fit Wilson still doesn’t provide enough goals or assists, it’s clear to see he struggles at this level. Drop him down a level & he suddenly bangs in an extra 10 goals a season & Grant has played more than enough games this season & is still terrible. Ojos attitude stinks we don’t need bad eggs amongst the squad. But take nothing away it’s safe to say the squad as a whole have found league 1 very tough but the ones for me who can take some credit are Garrity & Chiz along with Dipepa. I’m pretty confident Willo, Grant & Ojo won’t be playing for a league 1 side next season if/when we get relegated 

Edited by Vtid